• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
As she is clearly demonstrating in that photo. I should follow her just in case she continues to be dumb.

It was awesome. I enjoyed said schnitz because I'm unbiased. The chips AND the gravy were also awesome.

Also awesome:
pdWsk.jpg

Warm winter Rekorderlig cider with cheese and bacon quiche. Fuck yeah.

The fact that you weren't forced to have parmigiana topping, and that gravy was acceptable speaks wonders. If I'm ever in Geelong I shall go to this place.

senahorse

Oh give me a fucking break...

GINA RINEHART hopes to be a ''white knight'' for Fairfax Media, but might sell her shareholding unless she is offered positions on the board without ''unsuitable conditions''.
The mining entrepreneur told the ABC's Four Corners program, via her company Hancock Prospecting (HPPL), that she would be prepared to sell the 18.6 per cent chunk of the company's stock that she holds and consider investing again if her demands were later met. ''Fairfax's largest three mastheads [including the Herald] have been declining in circulation for five years, a long time,'' Hancock Prospecting said. ''Fairfax's share price has also declined … approximately 90 per cent.

''HPPL had hoped that Mrs Rinehart may be viewed by the board as a successful business person and a necessary 'white knight' with mutual interest in a sustainable Fairfax, however unless director positions are offered without unsuitable conditions, Mrs Rinehart is unable to assist Fairfax at this time,'' the statement said. ''HPPL may hence sell its interest, and may consider repurchasing at some other time.'' The comments were sent to the ABC a week ago, when Mrs Rinehart was moving to increase her stake in the company and seek board representation. Mrs Rinehart is now the company's largest single shareholder, and has reportedly been seeking three seats on the eight-member board, including a role as deputy chairman. The Fairfax board has been resisting her push, and insisting she abides by e company's Charter of Editorial Independence, which states that board members do not interfere with the content of the newspapers. Mrs Rinehart, reportedly, will not agree to that charter. A Fairfax Media spokesman declined to comment last night.

Asked about views on climate change and the media, and her funding of the climate change sceptic movement, Hancock Prospecting replied: ''She remains concerned by the lack of understanding in the media on this issue. ''To lessen the fear the media have caused over these issues, Mrs Rinehart suggests that the media should also permit to be published that climate change has been occurring naturally since the Earth began, not just the views of the climate extremists.'' The statement spoke glowingly of climate sceptics Ian Plimer, a geologist, and Andrew Bolt, a News Ltd commentator.
''Mrs Rinehart admires people like Ian Plimer who have independently chosen on their own accord to stand up against this tidal wave, which has caused fear, and despite substantial attacks by some of the media and extremists for so doing.''

Asked if she had used her position on the board of the Ten Network to help hire Bolt, Hancock Prospecting replied: ''Andrew Bolt has a short program on Channel 10 on Sundays. It is noted that his program is very popular in country areas … As stated previously by Mrs Rinehart, Mrs Rinehart hopes that should Mr Bolt's time permit, that he would consider longer programs on Channel 10.'' The statement did not answer questions about whether Mrs Rinehart had funded community organisations lobbying to stop the federal government's carbon price plan last year. But it did criticise the carbon price and accuse the media of failing to accurately report its potential impacts. ''Imposing such a high carbon tax will add to Australia's high costs, not only for businesses already facing problems with cost competitiveness, but also for Australians.''

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/bus...to-ride-off-20120625-20ylu.html#ixzz1yqd7h8Ve

I am glad Fairfax have held out thus far, and hope they continue sticking to their guns.

senahorse

In other news, Cost cutting Campbell has revealed more cuts:

The benefit earned by Queenslanders who install solar panels and then provide power back to the grid will be slashed from 44¢ per kilowatt hour, to 8¢. But the Newman government says anyone already in Queensland's Solar Bonus Scheme as of July 9 will continue to receive the 44¢ per kilowatt hour feed-in tariff. Energy Minister Mark McArdle this afternoon announced changes to the four-year-old Solar Bonus Scheme, saying the changes were needed to ensure every household did not pay too much to help pay for some homes to have cheaper solar power.

He said modelling of the current solar bonus scheme showed it would cost every household $54 a year by 2014/15, costing Queensland about $1.8 billion by 2028 if the bonus scheme remained unchanged at 44¢ per kilowatt hour. The changes will kick in from July 10 and a review of the scheme will also be launched. The Liberal National Party's costings document, released before the March election, said the LNP was "committed to retaining the solar feed-in tariff" but the financial blueprint was silent on what rate it would be set at.
According to the government's media release, a replacement feed-in tariff of 8¢ per kilowatt hour will apply from July 10, 2012, and end on July 1, 2014, “pending a further review of the scheme”.

It says existing Solar Bonus Scheme participants will continue to receive the current 44¢ per kilowatt hour feed-in tariff as long as they continue to meet eligibility criteria.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...edin-tariff-20120625-20y6c.html#ixzz1yqjiESNb

Glad we just got our system hooked up to the grid in time. Still I don't trust the slimy little bastard and we will probably lose it soon enough.

senahorse

so is Rineheart

edit: X3n BOF did that in NSW as well.

The pain has only just begun QLD. CN's going to fuck you hardcore and with no house of review, you are truly stuffed.

Plimer, Rineheart and Bolt are all clowns, the less podiums they have the better.

Also, I agree things may get rough up here with Campbell at the helm (not that Bligh helped matters), my ass is ready.

edit: here is the little worm in a pre-election campaign where he was quoted as saying they want to keep the solar tariff, which technically they have, albeit at a slashed rate.

729solarnewman-420x0.jpg

legend166

Yay I finally fixed the streaming to PS3 issue. Apparently Windows Update doesn't actually download the latest drivers, so I had to go download them myself, and that has fixed the issue.

Yagharek

Anyone who trusts Ian Plimers thoughts on climatology is a nong. He uses the same logical fallacies that people use in sexism threads on gaf.

Yagharek

Poor jintor. Thought he could get a mature discussion going. Not going to happen with the culture of a certain subset on gaf insisting on denying there is a problem.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Last night I dreamt that I, on a whim and without telling about, took a trip to America. I fell asleep on the flight and awoke having been transported to my destination; a alligator swamp farm somewhere in the American south. I was staying in a rather nice, old Americana cottage with baby blue wallpaper and white trimmings. Also staying in the home was a 20-something lesbian couple and a homely looking girl, in separate rooms, and tourists not unlike myself. The cottage was owned by a old American couple with a distinct southern twang, the lady of the house spending most of her time baking, while her old, tall, lanky, bearded husband tended to the alligators. He would go out and do this every day, tattered red shirt and blue shorts, and worn straw hat, with his faithful dog.

Later he would perform dentistry on the dog, with a hammer. The dog didn't seem to mind. Then I woke up.

What does this mean AusGAF?

Yagharek

I love the guy doubting that things even happened.

I predicted there would be one. Others will start demanding evidence. Others say they've never seen it so its fake. Others are entitled saying they have the right to say anything. Others bemoan political correctness and others blame game journalists.

Its like a fight to find the best display of stupidity. Did half of them eat paint thinner as kids?

Last night I dreamt that I, on a whim and without telling about, took a trip to America. I fell asleep on the flight and awoke having been transported to my destination; a alligator swamp farm somewhere in the American south. I was staying in a rather nice, old Americana cottage with baby blue wallpaper and white trimmings. Also staying in the home was a 20-something lesbian couple and a homely looking girl, in separate rooms, and tourists not unlike myself. The cottage was owned by a old American couple with a distinct southern twang, the lady of the house spending most of her time baking, while her old, tall, lanky, bearded husband tended to the alligators. He would go out and do this every day, tattered red shirt and blue shorts, and worn straw hat, with his faithful dog.

Later he would perform dentistry on the dog, with a hammer. The dog didn't seem to mind. Then I woke up.

That you have awesome dreams.

Also, rare steak only please. Has to be tender or I won't touch it nowdays.

Poor jintor. Thought he could get a mature discussion going. Not going to happen with the culture of a certain subset on gaf insisting on denying there is a problem.

I love the guy doubting that things even happened.

Jesus. GamingGAF has lost the plot in the last month or so. You'll get a couple of intelligent posts on the first page and then it will fall apart into victim blaming and attempts to justify behavior that wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else.

Are you guys all manly steak eaters and have it rare? I usually go medium, too much red/blood freaks me out.

Medium rare. I used to go medium all the time but I'd often get medium-well to well when I ordered that so I just took the leap to medium rare/rare.

Are you guys all manly steak eaters and have it rare? I usually go medium, too much red/blood freaks me out.
I do enjoy a juicy rare steak on occasion, but I'm generally not a big fan of eating huge wads of meat.
What's this?
I'll think about it.

Cold day today.
Sure seems that way, but I'm waiting til I get to the city of perpetual winds before I make up my mind.

jambo

I'm of two minds with the whole rape thing.

I have said it before in reference to gaming, and even during a gaming session. Part of me thinks that no matter what you say, you're going to offend or hurt someone.

On the other hand, it's easy to just say something else, like "we fucking destroyed that team in TF2 on Payload last night."

Unfortunately the word is part of the gaming culture at the moment and has been for a long time now, since the CS days at least.

I do enjoy a juicy rare steak on occasion, but I'm generally not a big fan of eating huge wads of meat.

That's what she sa...

Actually that one's far too easy.

Also, everyone should back this!

Jintor

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39237709&postcount=123

I may get banned for this post. It's certainly not my intent.

I will certainly get called out and berated for it, and if so, then I am disappointed.

Thanks for the spirited call for reason, and calling others on their bullshit.

I am glad though that these threads attract a roughly equal number of people who are sensible and able to converse about these issues in an intelligent way, as it does drive-by didn't-readers or people who somehow just don't get it.

Choc

Banned
NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell says Sydney Council's backing of an initiative to curtail consumer spending in October is "nuts".

City of Sydney councillors voted last night to back the Buy Nothing New Campaign, which encourages people to stop buying anything new except for food, hygiene and medical essentials.

Those kinds of threads don't work on NeoGAF anymore Jintor. You get a handful of good openminded posters fighting against a torrent of internet anonymity hate.

Medium rare. No blood but has to be juicy unless I am at a BBQ.

Roadtrip time!

Or you should watch Gator.

Where's Okami HD Vita?
I'm sure someone will have Dolphin running on the Vita eventually!

Choc

Banned
UPDATE: Rinehart buys up shares in Ten after threatening to sell her Fairfax shares.

bye masterchef, we hardly knew ye

Choc

Banned
i could probably earn the same in pounds that i earn in dollars here

thats about 2x as much on the current exchange rate.

also i'd say New Yorks lifestyle is pretty good for young people ? :p

Londons is ok. I'd live in London over NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom