• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

midonnay

They do end up in Australia in most cases..... I read over 90% in news reports.

even under John Howard's dragonian measures..... most people eventually ended up in Australia albeit with Temporary Protection Visas.

The difference with the Malaysia solution is that there is no chance of resettlement in Australia at all.

Dead Man

They do end up in Australia in most cases..... I read over 90% in news reports.

even under John Howard's dragonian measures..... most people eventually ended up in Australia albeit with Temporary Protection Visas.

The difference with the Malaysia solution is that there is no chance of resettlement in Australia at all.

Yeah, sure, but do you think that they will know that? Do you actually think it will stop people making a dangerous journey by boat?

:) Indeed. But what I mean is not forcing Indonesia to do more, but to work with other countries to have a united resettlement policy rather than the pile of excrement that every country in our region has now.
oh yeah definitely!

Wasn't the Malaysia policy deemed illegal? How come the government is still considering it?

midonnay

^^^^^ thats what all the fighting about..... under current laws ALL offshore processing is illegal so they're trying to get the laws changed.

Yeah, sure, but do you think that they will know that? Do you actually think it will stop people making a dangerous journey by boat?

I think there is a fair chance..... they don't have unlimited funds so people sent back probably won't be hopping on another boat if there is no chance of reaching australia at all.

The likely outcome is that they'll try another country (or maybe forged documents by plane)....but hopefully not a route as dangerous as a boatride to Australia.

eg: A palestinian refugee working in a Greek free cliinic was interviewed on SBS about what she thought about the economic shitstorm and she replied that she is trying to get into America now.

hamchan

YES, so good. 2 is even better with the awesome cel shading!

Still tossing up whether I should get the collection for vita. I read in the ot that it's like 30 frames or something:eek:

Should get the PS3 version if you haven't already. Comes with Peace Walker and 60fps!

I haven't played a Metal Gear game since the NES one where you hide in boxes. Is the HD remake worth it if you hate stealth games with insta-fail when detected?

Yep. It's pretty forgiving when you get seen. Enemies go into an alert phase so you just hide in a box or something until it dies down.

Dead Man

^^^^^ thats what all the fighting about..... under current laws ALL offshore processing is illegal so they're trying to get the laws changed.

I think there is a fair chance..... they don't have unlimited funds so people sent back probably won't be hopping on another boat if there is no chance of reaching australia at all.

The likely outcome is that they'll try another country (or maybe forged documents by plane)....but hopefully not a route as dangerous as a boatride to Australia.

eg: A palestinian refugee working in a Greek free cliinic was interviewed on SBS about what she thought about the economic shitstorm and she replied that she is trying to get into America now.

I disagree, but I guess we'll see.

Deeku

Should get the PS3 version if you haven't already. Comes with Peace Walker and 60fps!
Hmm maybe. I just don't see myself sitting down and going through the games again on the couch. If the apparent 30fps isn't that bad, I might just settle for the vita version so I can have portable freedom. In the end, I probably won't buy either lol!

Salazar said:
Cold again tomorrow.

Well, cold for Qld.
It's cold everyday!

Waiting for a place to maybe start their july sale so I can grab the overcoat I've been eyeing at a less crazy price.

Jintor

oh yeah definitely!

Wasn't the Malaysia policy deemed illegal? How come the government is still considering it?

It's illegal because... not sure, the High Court said it violated the Commonwealth powers under s 51 I'd guess? That doesn't mean it's not tenable, that just means the specific line of reasoning used was out. They'll change the wording and try and tie it closer to s 51 powers again I guess.

NB. Might be completely wrong here since I don't really know why the Malaysian policy was tossed out

Ydahs

Maybe I should wait until the morning before deciding whether I should purchase the Nexus 7 or not...

Screw it. Always wanted an affordable tablet and here it is :D

I was so excited, I thought this was going to be a post about Heathers. :(

3dtcf.jpg

How very.

Winona was only 16 in this film, she's always looked the same.

Yep. It's pretty forgiving when you get seen. Enemies go into an alert phase so you just hide in a box or something until it dies down.
Thanks Ham. I always thought for some reason it was insta-fail upon detection (or at least became so difficult it virtually was), like some of the early Splinter cells. I'll check it out when I see it on sale.

I really should have a steak for lunch tomorrow.
You know what the discussion about steak the other day drove me to?

This:
IMG_20120626_191334.jpg

It's the first time I've cooked a steak at home in years. Did a surprisingly good job of it, too.

Facebook blocked at work Cod. EDIT: Oh fixed. Assumed it was a broken Facebook photo link, lol. EDIT2: aaaaaand now my lunch is a piece of shit in my mind, thanks :(

My reaction walking out of the already freezing cold house this morning, "Holy motherfucking balls of cunt it is cold!"

Also new Muse so is great! I didn't like the last album so going full retard sits well with me, I'm sure there are plenty of fans burning their copies of Origin of Symmetry right now.

how did you cook the beans
Badly. Really badly. I have one of those collapsible steamers (that I bought for beer making actually), so tried to steam them, but all the pots I have are too big so I balanced it on a spoon, and that was taking forever. So I gave up and dumped them into the boiling water instead. They were kind of steamed and boiled and not very good, but the rest was ready so I just ate them anyway.

Also the mash was a bit lumpy because I found out we don't have a masher (haven't made mashed potatoes in probably a decade). I tried to use a whisk and then vigorously stir with a wooden spoon. It got out most of the lumps but a few were still present. I like to think they were there for texture.

Also, that Google Nexus tab looks mightly interesting.

Jintor

Hmmm... I would probably have panfried with garlic. But that's because I fucking love garlic.

Not bad mash considering you didn't have a masher, lol

Choc

Banned
oh yeah definitely!

its illegal says the high court because the law did not have provisions for the UN convention and human rights protections in it

The government is trying to pass a law which says Australia does not have to only send refugees to those who have signed the UN COnvention of refugees (Malaysia being 1 who has not signed).

Thus making the high court decision invalid

Are Gravity Rush and MGS HD out for Vita here? Maybe I'll go to JB at lunch pick up a copy.
Choc should hook you up! Would expect MGS HD to have copies everywhere for promo purposes, damn great reason to pick up a Vita and a showcase of the power.

Also Gravity Daze just sounds awesome.

Aon

Are Gravity Rush and MGS HD out for Vita here? Maybe I'll go to JB at lunch pick up a copy.

Only GRush, MGS isn't out for a week. Importers like Dungeon Crawl have it though, as does US PSN for less than you'd pay locally anyways.

Rahk

Only GRush, MGS isn't out for a week. Importers like Dungeon Crawl have it though, as does US PSN for less than you'd pay locally anyways.

JB seems to have it available for delivery for $39.20 so that's good enough for me.

But now I'm considering if I want physical copies of games or just go full digital...

Looks like there's a PSN sale? I guess I'll check that out first.

Aon

But it's only 36 dollars on the PSN.

That's a DOTA Key or more to the point, a battle boost!

Rahk is credit to team?

Choc

Banned
"“After the next generation of machines come out, Wii U will be a performance orphan,” one industry insider who is familiar with the specs of the new Nintendo console, told Kotaku. “It will be closer in performance to the next iPad than the next-gen machines. ”"

BURNSAAAAAAAAUCE

Yagharek

"“After the next generation of machines come out, Wii U will be a performance orphan,” one industry insider who is familiar with the specs of the new Nintendo console, told Kotaku. “It will be closer in performance to the next iPad than the next-gen machines. ”"

BURNSAAAAAAAAUCE

Meanwhile Sony will be going third party if they remain in business and Microsoft will be focused on kinect 2.

senahorse

BURNSAAAAAAAAUCE

Not surprising really. It's Nintendo's new model, cheap hardware that turns a profit. Has worked for a few years now, it would be silly to write them off but the next few years will be interesting.

senahorse

I wonder which platform is going to have the most software, PS4, or iPad?

One that they forgot for the 3DS.

They're selling 3DS at a loss?

edit: seems they are but my point was regarding their consoles and not just the actual cost of the units but the hardware being not in the same league (power wise) as competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom