• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

3RIxN.jpg

Yuzu Noda, 21, said she was listening to the GPS and "it told us we could drive down there".
"It kept saying it would navigate us to a road. We got stuck . . . there's lots of mud."

Mr Tomonari said even though their holiday had ended on an unusual note they were happy no one was injured.

"It has rained every day on our six day holiday. Hopefully next time we come back it will be sunny," he said.

He also joked that the car became stuck because it was built in Korea. "Maybe if it was Japanese it would be okay," he said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/tra...to-straddie-20120315-1v85m.html#ixzz1pG1Za9gJ

Got an iPhone again. The dark days of having to write a sentence by clicking buttons 1998 style are over!

I can't tell you what a relief it is to be able to google something at will and have the page load up in a matter of seconds. As it was, I spent a minute wrestling with a Nokia-style keypad, then waited 30 seconds for the results to come up, and even then sometimes the page might fail to load at all because there was not enough RAM.

Fuck I hate cars. Battery died on my partners Kia Rio so I jump started it correctly yet now the radio won't work. Isn't even giving the error message that I need to enter the security code. The screen illuminates when the car is on but no one is home.

I'm sure the Kia dealership will ream us for a new shitty stock radio. Might wait until my Dad gets back and we can put something worthwhile in for cheaper.

Cars are more irritating than computers.

Jintor

I met someone who seemed like a doppelganger of one of my friends I haven't seen for a while. Not so much in looks, just in general speaking style and thought processes. Made me think of her, haven't for a while. I guess it'd be trite to see I miss the people I don't see very often, but I do.

I met someone who seemed like a doppelganger of one of my friends I haven't seen for a while. Not so much in looks, just in general speaking style and thought processes.
I knew this dude who everyone said was pretty much a clone of me in terms of looks, personality and mannerisms. He ended up having a two-year relationship with a girl I had a crush on in high school but thought I had no shot with. After I found out about it, so many things suddenly made sense.

I look back at high school as a long, comedic series missed opportunities with girls and obliviousness. I can't fathom how I could have thought I was so damn clever but actually be so damn stupid at the same time. I'm almost certain if I ever told my story to someone with some talent in fiction, it'd end up being something like Big Bang Theory meets the Wonder Years only with Aussie accents.

Being married and fat is thus far exponentially better than being single and desperate.

Deeku

Tactics Ogre psp is such a fantastic game. Just spent an hour plugging away on a map and managed to recruit some cool dragons. I think I need to rebuy this digitally so I can continue playing on the Vita. The psp screen is so tiny once you've played on dat oled screen!

Also, feels great to just sit back and play games after slaving away at work for the past 72 hours. Need to make the most of it since I'll probably need to work on the weekend D;

Dark Souls so far (just made it to the blacksmith, which is neither that far into the game or much of a spoiler) is not difficult, but it is punishing for sloppy play. Grinding does, to some extent, make things easier and if I've found myself short on souls I'll experiment with different play styles (still haven't got parry/riposte right), tougher enemies (like black knights) or explore (hey, there's a merchant in Undead Burg!).

But the biggest thing I've found is that I feel like I'm a kid playing a game for the first time. By that, I mean that I don't know what's coming, have to remember not to rush ahead blindly, and I have to keep repeating the same section over and over - sometimes pushing a little further forward and others not even getting 1/4 of the way I did last time. It really reminds me of those tough games like Faxanadu, Link's Adventure, TMNT on the NES.

Don't know if I'll get sick of this or not (I had a fair bit of time to play today but most days I don't have that luxury) but for today it's been glorious.

And I've not even mentioned the joy I get from see other players appear beside bonfires, or seeing their last moments which (as I'm sure many of mine are) hilarious.

... I should've probably made this a LTTP but whatever.

I god I can probably afford a vita now

must

resist

I've been tempted to grab it even though I said I was going to wait for more software announcements (got that OH GOD THERE'S SOMETHING NEW AND SHINY THAT I KINDA WANT BUT DON'T HAVE YET itch), but figure I'll wait to see what happens in terms of prices/deals once there's enough stock for places like Kmart and Target to have it.

Jintor

I really love those interactive elements, and wish my PS3 would stop disconnecting from the network for no given reason

Choc

Banned
I knew this dude who everyone said was pretty much a clone of me in terms of looks, personality and mannerisms. He ended up having a two-year relationship with a girl I had a crush on in high school but thought I had no shot with. After I found out about it, so many things suddenly made sense.

I look back at high school as a long, comedic series missed opportunities with girls and obliviousness. I can't fathom how I could have thought I was so damn clever but actually be so damn stupid at the same time. I'm almost certain if I ever told my story to someone with some talent in fiction, it'd end up being something like Big Bang Theory meets the Wonder Years only with Aussie accents.

Being married and fat is thus far exponentially better than being single and desperate.

Welcome to the club. The amount of times i look back now and realise a girl was into me and i didn't realise it is crazy, especially in my late teens @ pubs clubs etc

especially one particular brunette who i thought was amazing and she was into me and i didnt see it

This is why you have wingmen guys. Wingmen can see it easily ;)

Yagharek

Tactics Ogre psp is such a fantastic game. Just spent an hour plugging away on a map and managed to recruit some cool dragons. I think I need to rebuy this digitally so I can continue playing on the Vita. The psp screen is so tiny once you've played on dat oled screen!

Also, feels great to just sit back and play games after slaving away at work for the past 72 hours. Need to make the most of it since I'll probably need to work on the weekend D;

I wish I bought this back on gba before it became impossible to find. Its one of the few games id buy a psp for now, but I know I can get my strategy fix elsewhere on things I have already.

But it would be such a good game.

I bought ogre battle 64 last year so mayhaps I should play that too.

Yagharek

Also the one thing preventing me getting a vita is how piss poor Sony has been with psn. So little content support in Australia, such as SoTN not turning up. Even VC has been more reliable at times.

Gazunta

I heard Inklings weren't all that, which is sad because I'm doing the majority of my art with pen and paper at the moment.

Clive, tell whoever you met that you were right about VPPA. You were right.

And I just look back at high school as time spent either a) sitting by myself in a corner reading comics and Zzap! 64 or b) wagging school and working at the comic shop across the road. I'm pretty sure I only graduated by accident.

Shaneus

God damn, I'm knackered. And fucking Melbourne weather, let me tell you. But finally seeing the F1 beauties on track was all worth it. The cars were nice, too.

So, what did I miss?

Other than:
Reptile: Teach me how to use ICS, I just don't "get it". PS. Car stereos are pretty piss-easy to install, provided the physical size of the unit is a standard single or dual-DIN size (it's a standard thing, you'd know the shape and if it wasn't standard). I did it in my car (twice!), all you need to know how to do is take the thing out (hi, internet!) and colour co-ordinate the wires. Or, the stereo may just need a factory reset or something. Disconnect the car battery for a little while so it goes to defaults. I guess. Or look up a way to "reset" the stereo.

Choc

Banned
Simply a matter of elimination. Amiga went bust, Sega released Dreamcast, Microsoft ignored quality control and Sony [strikethrough]Australia[/strikethrough] Europe may as well have forgotten psn.

fixed

Deeku

I wish I bought this back on gba before it became impossible to find. Its one of the few games id buy a psp for now, but I know I can get my strategy fix elsewhere on things I have already.
Good thing you didn't buy it because it wasn't very good! Psp game is a remake the original snes Tactics Ogre, the gba game was a different game.

It's like how FF tactics advance was a crappy off shoot compared to the original ps1 game.

Jintor

What is best way to buy Journey, should I get psn card thing for cheaper, should I just give Sony my credit card number, what is happening

Also the one thing preventing me getting a vita is how piss poor Sony has been with psn. So little content support in Australia, such as SoTN not turning up. Even VC has been more reliable at times.
I barely use my ps3 for retail games and love the hell out of PSN. Complete swap from when I bought sooooo many XBLA games.

PSN is great. If you can't get a game in your region simply make another account. US PSN is way cheaper any way.

Yagharek

Good thing you didn't buy it because it wasn't very good! Psp game is a remake the original snes Tactics Ogre, the gba game was a different game.

It's like how FF tactics advance was a crappy off shoot compared to the original ps1 game.

So there was a difference. Glad to know, finally.

Shaneus

shane please take photos :)
Photos have been taken! F1 thread is my main go-to for posting stuff during the weekend, once that's done I'll sort everything out and link it there and probably here too. That thread is probably good for a read as some kind of a timeline of my experiences there (when posts actually manage to make their way through the heavily-congested mobile network).

Yagharek

I've started and nearly finished A Feast for Crows this week. Apparently it was poorly received but I'm enjoying it. Seems to be setting the scene nicely for following acts.

Kritz

Banned
I personally iPad 3 and I have been testing out the voice recognition software, it isn't very good.
I am not entirely sure what I will use a tablet for that I will probably take it to university to look at things sometimes maybe.
But maybe I will just use of the naughty things such as using my voice to make a form policies of typing it out because I am a wanker

Edit: space those words what I said I'm not the things what I meant to say because it awhile same things I wasn't goodbye.

Omikron

If they haven't been, Tower of Hanoi puzzles should be fucking banned from video games. Stop using them.

Mass Effect (1) just used one. Ugh.

Reptile: Teach me how to use ICS, I just don't "get it". PS. Car stereos are pretty piss-easy to install, provided the physical size of the unit is a standard single or dual-DIN size (it's a standard thing, you'd know the shape and if it wasn't standard). I did it in my car (twice!), all you need to know how to do is take the thing out (hi, internet!) and colour co-ordinate the wires. Or, the stereo may just need a factory reset or something. Disconnect the car battery for a little while so it goes to defaults. I guess. Or look up a way to "reset" the stereo.
Se my earlier post on ICS! Once you get it running ask me about apps. Actually, no need, base ICS from that site is damn awesome. Runs seriously 10x faster than the basic WebOS that was running earlier in the day. EVERYTHING Android works perfectly, all my apps just copied from my phone account and it is awesome.

Regarding the stereo, I have installed the last 2 in my EL Falcon but since we are planning on selling/trading the Rio once it is paid off I wanted to keep it stock.
Going by the Kia forum it is a common problem with a dead battery and should only need unplugging and replugging. Main problem will be getting to the damn thing. Will do a quick and dirty job at 6am tomorrow before we need to head off to a friends bucks/ friends hens nights respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom