• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jintor down.

If they haven't been, Tower of Hanoi puzzles should be fucking banned from video games. Stop using them.

Mass Effect (1) just used one. Ugh.

If you played KOTOR you would have aced it in 10 seconds. Although it is indeed a bit overdone. Mainly because my Maths teacher had a hard on for it.

Fogz

Just installed ICS on my Touchpad using Reptile's link. Man it just about installs itself! ICS is pretty awesome too, nevermind all this Ipad3 business ;)

If I could put ICS on an iPad3 I would. I don't get why people aren't saying the 3 isn't revolutionary, the upgrades from the 2 are huge.

Is there much that currently utilizes the upgrades? Is it a case where there is nothing to really show off the advantages of the new model?

Danoss

The upgrade to the retina display is fantastic. I'll pick one up when I'm working again. For display of photos, it'd be incredible.

Give people enough exposure to it and they won't want to go back; just like no one will trade their HD displays for SD, or run their PC monitors on 800x600.

Is there much that currently utilizes the upgrades? Is it a case where there is nothing to really show off the advantages of the new model?

Probably not, the density of the screen alone is enough that it will eventually showcase more. I guess everyone is disappointed there's no new NFC chip or gyroscope or wireless HDMI magic or some other doodad. I mean, there's not even any new iSoftware!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
If they haven't been, Tower of Hanoi puzzles should be fucking banned from video games. Stop using them.

Mass Effect (1) just used one. Ugh.

Tower of Hanoi algorithms should be banned from Software Engineering degrees first. Treat the root of the problem.

And yeah, the screen on this iPad is so, so mind-blowing for reading.

Shaneus

Se my earlier post on ICS! Once you get it running ask me about apps. Actually, no need, base ICS from that site is damn awesome. Runs seriously 10x faster than the basic WebOS that was running earlier in the day. EVERYTHING Android works perfectly, all my apps just copied from my phone account and it is awesome.

Regarding the stereo, I have installed the last 2 in my EL Falcon but since we are planning on selling/trading the Rio once it is paid off I wanted to keep it stock.
Going by the Kia forum it is a common problem with a dead battery and should only need unplugging and replugging. Main problem will be getting to the damn thing. Will do a quick and dirty job at 6am tomorrow before we need to head off to a friends bucks/ friends hens nights respectively.
Oh, it's running (this is on the Windpad using an x86 build of 4.0 RC1 compiled for AMD Fusion/Brazos (ie my) chipset) ICS already, I just don't know how to use it. I never know where anything is and it still seems to run at 30fps, ergo doesn't feel as fluid as Win 8, which (along with iOS on iPad and iPhone) runs at 60. The dedicated GPU (that's capable of decoding 1080p MKVs perfectly) should piss that in... unless it's not built into the OS itself.

Pretty sure ICS has GPU support for the OS but whether there are drivers for that chip set or whether it's locked at 30fps I couldn't say. Seems smooth enough to me on the Galaxy Nexus. If you can get around iOS you can figure out Android.

I stole/am borrowing my dad's kindle fire. God I fucking need a tablet to live. How.have I survived without one? Also 7" seems perfect. After playing with this I really like it. The fire is a bit gimped without amazon's stuff but still this rocks.

I'm torn though, normal gaf or secondapps?

And what happened to jintor? Hows he get banned?

Jezabel

just did my 100th rewatch of Shaun of the Dead with commentary from Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright. god i love that movie so much. My second favourite comedy after hot fuzz

Went to trivia night, sat next to Kate Jones. She was oddly friendly to our table, perhaps because she could see we were of voting age...

Missed out on some good questions for stupid reasons. namely them counting the year Harry Truman was in power from the year he was elected instead of the year he was sworn in.

Was a fun night overall. Drinking and Trivia is pretty awesome.

Poor Jint :( At least it was only 3 days... He can join me, Sal and whoever else in the realm of pointless bans.

oipic

Gee, no Jint is kinda like a ban for all of AusGAF. See you soon, Jint.

Anyone find they can't read more than a few pages of a good book without falling asleep? Maybe it's just a sign that all the best and most productive hours of my day are spent working/gaming/on forums and such. Need to reprioritise, maybe.

F1 goodness tomorrow, and I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement. Fingers crossed that my boy Smiley Dan has a good one.

Was a fun night overall. Drinking and Trivia is pretty awesome.

Yeah. I always go into these things fearing the worst, maybe because they're often work-related, but trivia nights with drinkies are very reliable entertainment. Have had some very entertaining trivia master/host guys over the years too, which helps - man, that would be a tough gig, I reckon.

Rahk

Been stuck at the same station for 30 mins. Thanks CityRail.

Edit: Started moving right after I posted. The power of AusGAF.

Salazar

Jint took Kerrby down with him. And hopefully smote his ruin upon the mountaintop.

Lucky, Rahk. I have amazingly poor luck with every facet of train travel.

hamchan

Just finished ME3.

lol wut ending.

EDIT: Oh geez, youtubing it and all the endings seem quite awful because it's like the same thing. No wonder people are pissed. At least the ending I chose was the best imo :-/

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
just did my 100th rewatch of Shaun of the Dead with commentary from Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright. god i love that movie so much. My second favourite comedy after hot fuzz

ive scheduled some time wednesdsy arvo to go to the pub that they filmed for the front of the winchester

You haven't seen Hot Rod or Zoolander yet.

Hot Rod and Zoolander are good fun, but IMO don't even compare to Shaun and Hot Fuzz which expertly skewer their respective genres without lowering themselves (ala the 'movie' movies, like Scary Movie) and remain excellent movies in their own right. I find Hot Fuzz runs a little long though.

Can't wait to see the third in the Cornetto Trilogy. I guess from the title it's parodying the disaster genre? They haven't really given much away.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Aon also got the invite.

How many woke up with dota 2 invites? Maybe we can get some noob ausgaffer games going this weekend.

Kritz

Banned
So I turned up to an Anime convention. Everyone is dressed up as cloud or mario or some fucking pokemon thing.

This is too socially awkward even for me.

Clipper

So SydGAF Board Games 3 looks like a go for Sunday next (the 25th).

Confirmed: Clipper, Danoss, Doncamatic, Jintor, Rahk.

Any other interested attendees, let me know. And I'll go ahead and PM Banshunsaku now...

Kritz

Banned
This thread is now my personal blog about this thing I am at.

Anime paper mashe contest!

Fighting he tournament!

Someone tried to sell me a magazine for $15.

remz

Oooo more DOTA2 invites went out today? fresh meat!

I'm up for a dotes 2 ausgaf night. probably not tonight though...

hamchan

I have just woken up and I'm still in denial about the ME3 ending. I cannot believe how bad it was. This is like the worst ending to anything ever.

Also why the heck didn't I get a Dota2 invite. After how much love and money I've shown you Valve, now you give me nothing.

Danoss

So SydGAF Board Games 3 looks like a go for Sunday next (the 25th).

Confirmed: Clipper, Danoss, Doncamatic, Jintor, Rahk.

Any other interested attendees, let me know. And I'll go ahead and PM Banshunsaku now...
Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Fingers crossed those Victorian game store jerks deliver my games in time. Goddamn, they are so slow.

I'll ping BanShunsaku on Twitter as well, hopefully we'll reach him.

Clipper

Good to see you again, Red. I'm sure all the old-timers still here agree to hereby bestow upon you your honourary Aussie status again :D.

Trying to sign up for dota 2 beta having never played dota is not easy =/ I could try answering everything LoL style, but I don't think it works that way.

So I turned up to an Anime convention. Everyone is dressed up as cloud or mario or some fucking pokemon thing.

This is too socially awkward even for me.

Yeeaaah. As much as I enjoy things like Supanova, they tend to be a breeding ground for socially awkward people to free their spirits or something - And its not pretty. No I don't want you to "glomp" me, sweaty naruto cosplayer. Saying things you read on the internet in a non-interesting way doesn't make you any cooler in my eyes. Why are you talking to me, I don't even know you =/ Hopefully this year I can round up some friends who won't disappear when I get cornered by randoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom