• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
I'm in a "game room". Not made by krome. Blaz blue, king of fighters, smash bros, soul calibre, mortal kombat, panzer dragoon, mario cart.

No street fighter.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I am shocked.

You can alt-tab out of dota 2. Why hasn't this magic been placed into other valve games?!

Hello scarlet!

Jezabel

I have just woken up and I'm still in denial about the ME3 ending. I cannot believe how bad it was. This is like the worst ending to anything ever.

Also why the heck didn't I get a Dota2 invite. After how much love and money I've shown you Valve, now you give me nothing.

Its sad im so excited to see the ending of ME3 just to see if its as bad as everyone says it is

Deeku

Yeeaaah. As much as I enjoy things like Supanova, they tend to be a breeding ground for socially awkward people to free their spirits or something - And its not pretty. No I don't want you to "glomp" me, sweaty naruto cosplayer. Saying things you read on the internet in a non-interesting way doesn't make you any cooler in my eyes. Why are you talking to me, I don't even know you =/ Hopefully this year I can round up some friends who won't disappear when I get cornered by randoms.
lol why go then? It's the reason why I have no intention of ever going to one. Like, I do like the stuff to an extent, but the majority of the people there just freak me out.

I do want to go to like a Comiket or something one day, just to say I've been and see what it's like. Japanese nerds are less freaky, right? But then again, it's probably just as sketchy.

Also, post pics kritz! lol

lol why go then? It's the reason why I have no intention of ever going to one. Like, I do like the stuff to an extent, but the majority of the people there just freak me out.

I do want to go to like a Comiket or something one day, just to say I've been and see what it's like. Japanese nerds are less freaky, right? But then again, it's probably just as sketchy.

Also, post pics kritz! lol

Well, if you ignore a lot of the people there is a fair bit of cool stuff to look at/ buy. I do enjoy that. Convention in Japan is on my to-do list as well. At least there when they speak Japanese it won't make me cringe. :p I have a feeling you'd get a different kind of weird over there.

Kritz

Banned
IPhone cOrrects words weird.

I am now watching, with a crowd of people, AMVs. If you don't know what those are, you're luckier than I am.

markot

Banned
Julian Assange to run for Senate
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-17/julian-assange-to-run-for-senate/3895958

WikiLeaks has announced that its founder and leader Julian Assange is planning to run for a seat in the Australian Senate.

Assange is being detained in England ahead of a possible extradition to Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning over allegations that he sexually assaulted two women in 2010.

He is currently waiting for a British Supreme Court decision on his appeal against the extradition.

But WikiLeaks says despite his legal predicament, Assange is eligible to run for the Australian Upper House.

In its announcement on Twitter, WikiLeaks said it would also be running a candidate against Prime Minister Julia Gillard in her Lower House Victorian seat of Lalor.
>.>

Kritz

Banned
Now at an action for stupid junk.

Someone tried selling 20 unmarked UMD movies for the psp.

But it's mostly shit keychains for garbage shows.

I'm Really enjoying myself.

Oh hey, anime ladies you can undress!

I miss the linkin park naruto videos.

Axiom

One part of my mind loves it when women dress up as scantily clad anime characters.

The nerd in me is annoyed I don't recognise any of them and thus can't appreciate it properly.

The moral cop in me also ruins it by trying to remind me what Spike Spencer once said - despite appearances a lot of these gals are probably under 18

Yagharek

Petition time.

lol. Bioware must have hired bungie writers after halo 3 going by the uproar. H3 was the worst story telling in any game I've played, and that includes fmv cutscenes from disruptor ps1.

I don't think you can demand a retold ending though. Just move on and play games with good stories instead if that's what bothers you.

Yagharek

So give them up and find a new hobby?

touche.

You're right, there are almost no games with good stories or writing. The best you can hope for is an intriguing scenario that lets you fill in the gaps yourself, or something that doesn't take itself seriously.

But I don't play games for story. I've learned my lesson.

Axiom

Press Gang was a better Degrassi and I loved Degrassi.

That the creator of Press Gang was writing the best episodes of Doctor Who was a revelation to me and now that he's running Doctor Who and Sherlock I keep waiting for references to sneak in.

But alas.

I'm kind of amazed I shared equal crazy crushes on Julia Sawalha and Stacie Mistysyn considering the characters they played were the bitch and the nice girl respectively.

Perhaps my love of Archie comics runs deeper than expected.

Salazar

The Storyteller cannot be beat.

XQwxy.jpg

Was anyone else a Press Gang fan? I wonder how it holds up today.
Not too bad, actually. I watched a few episodes recently and my memories weren't tarnished too much.

As long as you look past the 'actual newspaper sponsors school newspaper that sometimes does better journalism than adult newspaper and uncovers issues they can't who then turn around and threaten to close down newspaper for other reasons but you know it's because they've been shown up' aspect of it. Which isn't actually asking too much.

Choc

Banned
You guys should get the indie royale bundle to get DLC Quest

game is so funny. It was teh XBLIG game of the year 2011. Basically its a parody of the DLC situation we find ourselves in

For example, you can't pause the game or save until you buy the dlc, can't move left until you buy dlc

its hillarious,

Only about an hour long but the bundle also has hard reset....

DO IT :)

Yagharek

So I'm nearing the end of A Feast for Crows and I've just reached a conclusion that one character in particular has a strong semblance to a character in Asimov's Foundation series.

The character in Foundation is
The Mule
The character in ASoIaF is
Littlefinger

Just a random thought.

Yagharek

Mass Effect talk? I'm still quite angry about the ME3 ending. Is it a spoiler to say how shit it is?

Nope, because I loved ME and ME2 enough to finish them 4 times each. I have no urge to replay ME3 because of that ending. Holy shit it was so bad.

That's saying a lot. Its always annoying when a good series turns to shit, either from a gameplay or story sense. I found metal gear 4 went to shit in terms of story; too many loose ends were attempted to be tied up. It played well, at least. Halo 3 failed at story and gameplay. Fucking cortana.

Hype hurts big games I find. No shock to see it happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom