• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Patrick's day in the US is scary. 2pm and the number of drunken jerks yelling like frat boys trying to start a riot in downtown SF was crazy. Sigh. Back in Australia tomorrow and at last in a country where the people drink responsibly.
/satire

Omikron

images

Kritz

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5PjOMt1H7w

I got around to editing together my various clips from the anime convention. Didn't get much of anything from the "Game Room" or the sales floor. I also made the mistake of editing in Movie Maker because it uploads to youtube easily.

The convention was a bit of fun although it wasn't really my kind of thing. The drinking afterwards was a lot better.

Anyone got a good summary of the political platforms each party has in the Queensland elections. I need some help cutting through the bullshit.
Platforms? They've spent the entire campaign talking how shit the other one is, and no time on platforms.
I thought the lnp would be running on reducing the deficit but they seem to be promising a bunch of tax cuts and freezing car ergo.
Katter is promising the world because he's not getting elected so fuck it.

What seat are you in?

Danoss what is going on with the eels? Did the cowboys just blow them out of the park or are the eels blowing chunks?

Platforms? They've spent the entire campaign talking how shit the other one is, and no time on platforms.
I thought the lnp would be running on reducing the deficit but they seem to be promising a bunch of tax cuts and freezing car ergo.
Katter is promising the world because he's not getting elected so fuck it.

What seat are you in?

Danoss what is going on with the eels? Did the cowboys just blow them out of the park or are the eels blowing chunks?

Either Mansfield or Greenslopes. For some reason, I get junk mail from both.

Danoss

I think it was a bit of both. The Cowboys just did a great job capitalising on the Eels shitiness on the night. I only saw the second half as I was playing D&D elsewhere.

I'm hoping this is a part of things at the Eels having to get worse before they get better. We have some new halves pairings as well as plenty of rookies/inexperienced players, they'll get there. I think it shows just how well the Eels did the last two weeks than it did how poorly we played last night.

I won't be pointing the fingers at the referees for much of last night either. They were spot on for most of the night, I only saw two incorrect calls regarding forward passes. Neither of these would have had much impact on the result of the match however.

We've got the Panthers next week and I hope we can get up for that one. If the Eels end up playing shit for most of the year, I'll be happy if they can just beat the Panthers and the Bulldogs; it'll be a small mercy. Fuck those teams.

Yagharek

If you really care, call up the campaign offices of the candidates in your seat. You might get a helpful answer, or you might get waffle and non-answers. Or waffles, in which case vote for them.

Either Mansfield or Greenslopes. For some reason, I get junk mail from both.
I know next to nothing about those seats. Except that I used to work with the daughter of the lnp candidate for Mansfield. He's a nice guy if you're a fan of tories.

I thought the eels would have been better than this. They were unlucky last year losing all those close games and on paper they're a better team this year. Speaking of league piggy riddell is talking about his try celebrations. Absolute gold. When he jumped the fence and applauded himself? Hilarious

Danoss

I thought the eels would have been better than this. They were unlucky last year losing all those close games and on paper they're a better team this year. Speaking of league piggy riddell is talking about his try celebrations. Absolute gold. When he jumped the fence and applauded himself? Hilarious

I must admit, the poor performance on display last night by the Eels was surprising. They looked to be an improved side with many things that could only improve. They really need to pull their finger out and have some pride. The supporters have done everything to get behind them, they deserve a reward for it at some point.

I'm sure they're dirty on themselves and they should be. If they don't fire up and attempt to rip the Panthers dicks off next week, I'll be severely annoyed.

Piggy Riddell's celebration was one of the best I've seen, hard to top that. Amazing. I didn't see it on the Sunday footy show, was watching the Warriors v Bulldogs game.

Sorry, you'll have to repeat that. Can't hear you from way up here on top of the ladder.

Nice one trumpeting your support for the scumtown dirty cunts, though you didn't mention them by name. You were rather quiet last year. Why was that again?

Fredescu

You always bite so damn hard Danoss, I love it. I honestly don't know how we did last year, I'd have to look it up, although I'm pretty sure it was outside the 8. I don't follow very closely, it's so time consuming.

Fredescu

I wish I could buy into the Parra Bulldogs rivalry in the same way most real fans do, but I've always had a soft spot for the Eels. I save my hatred for the Roosters, Broncos, and Storm.

Danoss

I wish I could buy into the Parra Bulldogs rivalry in the same way most real fans do, but I've always had a soft spot for the Eels. I save my hatred for the Roosters, Broncos, and Storm.

I'm with you on the hate for the other teams. The Roosters are so easy to hate with so many cunts on their roster, I mean, they're led by Braith Anasta, what's not to hate? The Broncos hate goes back many, many years to my childhood and was reinforced by the bandwagon Broncos fans I experienced in high school.

Now for the Storm, fuck them, fuck their fans, the cheating, arrogant, dirty pieces of shit. How they can cheat so hard and still feel like they earned their GF wins is beyond me. Maybe I need to hand out with more cheating scum to understand the mentality. They might have Cronk, Smith and Slater, but they wouldn't have ever had all them at once if they never cheated the salary cap; they shouldn't be allowed to have them all.

Also, look at the Storms tackling techniques. They can shove their crusher and chicken wing tackles up their arse. How they've gotten away with it for so long is beyond me.

Yes this is a post filled with hate. The joshing with other teams fans is always in good fun, there is no malice in it at all. It's part of enjoying the sport. I can still appreciate good footy, no matter which team it is. Manly is a deeply hated team all over the Rugby league landscape, but I love watching their halves play, it's a marvel to see. The Storm, however, can seriously fuck off.

I dislike pretty much all the teams you guys mentioned. The roosters are definitely a bunch of wankers. One of my favourite nrl memories was karmichael hunt breaking anasta's nose with a shoulder charge. Then they had Carney. Mega tool.

I don't like the eels because of all the hayne hype when he took them through the finals. The bulldogs because there were a bunch of kids from my school who signed with them (Thurston and ben lowe would be the only successful ones) so there were heaps of bandwagon fans.

And the broncos and storm just have a history of stealing each others players and coaches and taking each other on in big finals games.

Oh shit Billy moore is on channel 9 for the qrl. Legend

Danoss

Eels are dead, no Hayne mean no team confidence. Never rely on one player.

I believe that's why Roberts and Sandow were acquired. The Eels did well in round 1 and 2, where they had Hayne for a total of 15 mins. In the round 1 game v Broncos, Roberts suffered a strained quad early on which hampered his involvement, making them lean heavily on Sandow. In the round 2 game v Warriors, Hayne went off early and the Eels held on really well for a team with 16 players, they didn't limp along directionless without their star player. We didn't win either game, but we weren't crushed.

I think that's a solid effort when over 10% of the salary cap is sitting on the sidelines.

I don't like the eels because of all the hayne hype when he took them through the finals.

You mean they year he won the Dally M Player of the Year award? The hype was deserved, he was absolutely amazing. Of course, that breeds hate.

I love the Raiders. When they win championships. So like I loved them in the late 80's early 90's >.>
You could be in for a good year then dude. Definitely one of the top teams if campese and shillington keep playing as well as they have been. Also dugan is really fucking good

Danoss

The Raiders are on top of the Roosters at the moment too, I hope that continues. I think Dugan is off with a shoulder issue.

Edit: Oh, bandwagoner, the worst kind of fan.

markot

Banned
The Raiders are on top of the Roosters at the moment too, I hope that continues. I think Dugan is off with a shoulder issue.

Edit: Oh, bandwagoner, the worst kind of fan.

Its called being a Canberran! We loved basketball when we were on top of that too!

Yagharek

I go for manly, but started when super league began. Was a raiders fan before that. I have to say, nrl corruption, super league breakaway teams, cheating scum like the storm etc really turn me off the competition.

The real 1997 grand final between manly and Newcastle was great to watch.

Danoss

Its called being a Canberran! We loved basketball when we were on top of that too!

I would've thought that living in such a shit town with nothing to do would make you want to go and watch sports. Then again, you don't need another reminder of why it would be a good idea to move away. :p

Choc

Banned
it sounds like he died on the pitch and the medics brought him back

its crazy :(

edit: as someone said, if he lives Jose Mourinho saved his life. He demanded ambulances be at all FA/PL games after Cechs serious injury, and it happened.

Yagharek

it sounds like he died on the pitch and the medics brought him back

its crazy :(

edit: as someone said, if he lives Jose Mourinho saved his life. He demanded ambulances be at all FA/PL games after Cechs serious injury, and it happened.
Saw it on the news this morning. Certainly not something you expect to see at a soccer match.

Should I drop 300 or so bucks on a pair of sunnies? I'm gonna say yes.
!CCYCOY!EWk~$(KGrHqR,!jYE0C1jDZoTBNK44mW!Cw~~0_3.JPG
Jesus, do they make you shoot sparks out your arse or something equally impressive?

I'm mostly saying this because I've broken almost every pair of sunnies I've ever met.

On the topic of the nrl there were two really good, long stories in the sunday mail today. One about the falling support of the Titans because the people of the coast Robt trust Michael searle. The other about the wasting of millions of dollars by the png team bid of.government money. Really interesting reads

Danoss

You so bitter. Lol. You can't rely on our team even bothering to play today, no defence. Likely, we will still be shit as long as coote is fullback.

I felt pretty clever typing that one up.

Enjoy Cleary as your coach, he's terrible. I don't think any other coach would pass up Gordon for fullback. Seriously, Coote? Hahaha.

The Panthers were always going to struggle today. You don't have much to counteract such a big forward pack.

I felt pretty clever typing that one up.

Enjoy Cleary as your coach, he's terrible. I don't think any other coach would pass up Gordon for fullback. Seriously, Coote? Hahaha.

The Panthers were always going to struggle today. You don't have much to counteract such a big forward pack.
Didn't Gordon break his leg? Or was he not playing fullback even then?

Inglis looked really good. Just trampled over foots to score that try.

Danoss

Didn't Gordon break his leg? Or was he not playing fullback even then?

Inglis looked really good. Just trampled over foots to score that try.

Gordon did break his leg, but I'm confident Cleary had him on the wing then.

Inglis was awesome at fullback, so devastating when he wound up to bust through; hopefully he pulls up okay, I want to see that next week vs Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom