• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Relevant:
socialmediagraphic853.png

Jintor, you go to USyd right?

Deeku

Woo I have none of those! Oh actually, I have a twitter thing but it's just for following random game related people.

It's just social networking for jerbs and stuff.
Oh ok. Yeah it basically looks like an online public profile cv type thing. I don't think I really need one.

Deeku

I kinda wish I went to Usyd. It had a really cultured/hip vibe that I think is missing from UNSW/MQ. Real nice campus too!

Also, I did a radio show with a friend at Usyd for a few semesters in...2005-2006 I think. No one listened to it. True story.

hamchan

I kinda wish I went to Usyd. It had a really cultured/hip vibe that I think is missing from UNSW/MQ. Real nice campus too!

Also, I did a radio show with a friend at Usyd for a few semesters in...2005-2006 I think. No one listened to it. True story.

The Usyd campus is old and their enrollment process sucks compared to UNSW.

Boken

Banned
USyd looks cooler, is bigger and is closer to where I live. UNSW has more asians and I like asians. So I went to UNSW. (The new Tyree building rocks)

Not that often, actually:(

I think that's what I liked about it. Like the cool sand stoney church type building. Better than the crazy purple and green walls of the law library!

Then let me be the one to tell you to get it :p

I like that about UQ too. Sandstone makes me feel like I'm doing something important.

seanoff

R18+ thru the House of Reps tonight with bi-partisan support.

off to the senate. may be law quicker than we think.

Computer game ratings for adults-only are a step closer after the lower house passed legislation on Monday.
The laws fulfil the commonwealth's part of a deal with states and territories to include an R18+ rating in the games classification system.
At ppresent the highest rating for computer games has been MA15+, which means games only for sale to adults overseas are usually banned or given the lower classification so children can still obtain them here.
Advertisement: Story continues below
The new laws will bring computer games in line with the classification system for films and make Australia more consistent with international standards.
They have received overwhelming support during years of consultation - one discussion paper received more than 58,000 submissions. with most in favour.
The Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Amendment (R18+ Computer Games) Bill 2012 passed the House of Representatives with bipartisan support.
It now proceeds to the Senate.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...lower-house-20120319-1vg6p.html#ixzz1pZ2KHwWc

Get with the times Omi.

And now a sad cat to share the heartbreak looking at this little guy brings

funny-pictures-lonely-kitten-birthday-party-balloon.jpg

R18+ thru the House of Reps tonight with bi-partisan support.

off to the senate. may be law quicker than we think.

Computer game ratings for adults-only are a step closer after the lower house passed legislation on Monday.
The laws fulfil the commonwealth's part of a deal with states and territories to include an R18+ rating in the games classification system.
At ppresent the highest rating for computer games has been MA15+, which means games only for sale to adults overseas are usually banned or given the lower classification so children can still obtain them here.
Advertisement: Story continues below
The new laws will bring computer games in line with the classification system for films and make Australia more consistent with international standards.
They have received overwhelming support during years of consultation - one discussion paper received more than 58,000 submissions. with most in favour.
The Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Amendment (R18+ Computer Games) Bill 2012 passed the House of Representatives with bipartisan support.
It now proceeds to the Senate.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...lower-house-20120319-1vg6p.html#ixzz1pZ2KHwWc

Things are looking good! At least heading in the right direction.

midonnay

barry o'farrell: tasers were introduced as an alternative to lethal force.....

wtf? so police would have shot the fella in the back before tasers were invented?

Dead Man

wtf? so police would have shot the fella in the back before tasers were invented?

Yeah, it is a rubbish argument. Tasers should be used instead of guns, not in situations where guns would not have been used previously.

Salazar

Barrel is a knob. Like about 65% of libs and nats.

The pissant squealing over Thomson's medical certificate is a disgrace. And I really don't like Thomson, but you've got to draw the fucken line somewhere short of insinuating in parliament that a GP is lying, and doing so straight up for media points.

Holy shit. That's worth reading, folks... it's not that they're playing locked characters you can buy as of now, but ones that haven't even been made available for "purchase" yet.

In this case, I'm well and truly on the hackers' side.
Also FYI EA are taking down the server for The Saboteur so if people want the extra hiding spots and boobs make sure to download the unlock key before April.

Dead Man

Barrel is a knob. Like about 65% of libs and nats.

The pissant squealing over Thomson's medical certificate is a disgrace. And I really don't like Thomson, but you've got to draw the fucken line somewhere short of insinuating in parliament that a GP is lying, and doing so straight up for media points.

Yeah, that med cert stuff has been disgraceful, if I was a GP I would be mad as buggery.

Salazar

$30 US for headbands, wristbands, a shirt, bumper stickers, heaps of other useless shit, sold by that bunch of Christian pseudo-activist filmmakers to "raise awareness" about a Ugandan warlord.

You'd have to be a dipshit to buy one. And, well...

Beaten by Shan.

Last day in Aust. for a few weeks tomorrow. And it's going to rain. Awesome.

Yagharek

What, you expect them to chase suspects instead?

Disgusting case, sounds more like homicide than a failed arrest attempt. But nothing will come of it. Tasers will remain in use no matter how many innocent people they kill. Kind of like jumps racing. Regulators don't give a fuck about colateral.

Jintor

Fuck. I should really have just played Xenoblade on the Wii where it doesn't randomly get an audio bug after 4 hours of uninterrupted play and lose me an hour and a half since I last saved.

Deeku

Fuck. I should really have just played Xenoblade on the Wii where it doesn't randomly get an audio bug after 4 hours of uninterrupted play and lose me an hour and a half since I last saved.
I just hate losing progress in rpgs. I'm a compulsive saver in all games because of it.

Don't you have like fancy auto save states on pcs anyway?:p

Boken

Banned
I stopped playing Xenoblade because I didn't feel compelled to move beyond the first area. Something felt off to me... probably the art style or because the story didn't give me enough reason to keep going. I don't even remember. I'm a bad person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom