• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Copyright TED lols

LIlqG.jpg

This just happened.

Bloody P platers!

Boken

Banned
Basically what I'm trying to say is that, this shit is happening because companies want to shit you guys and has nothing to do with the law.

Jintor

All I'll say in conclusion is that when a certain segment of customers are willing to argue why they no longer have the rights they used to, is partly the reason why we have companies shutting down servers, stealing game libraries for forum bans and publisher mouthpieces that equate used game sales to piracy. It's an antagonistic atmosphere where it seems that standing up for your customer rights makes you an entitled whinger from the olden days. [/rant]

I'm pretty sure you (hypothetical you) never had the rights, it was just that nobody actually realised this on either side and so everything rolled along hunky-doory

Choc

Banned
Guys, what capbomb has done has been done for AGES in corporate world

Windows Server 2008 is $2000, Data Centre is $32,000

THEY ARE BOTH ON THE SAME DISC

Yagharek

I'm pretty sure you (hypothetical you) never had the rights, it was just that nobody actually realised this on either side and so everything rolled along hunky-doory

I get what you're saying, but when I wanted to play as Smoke in MK3, I had to enter the following: A B B A D A B B A D U U

If I want that kind of experience today, I'm expected to enter my credit card number.

wonzo

Banned
BL Rez, that shit's messed up

Guys, what capbomb has done has been done for AGES in corporate world

Windows Server 2008 is $2000, Data Centre is $32,000

THEY ARE BOTH ON THE SAME DISC
why are you going head over heels to defend corporations that just don't give a fuck about you?

Jintor

I get what you're saying, but when I wanted to play as Smoke in MK3, I had to enter the following: A B B A D A B B A D U U

If I want that kind of experience today, I'm expected to enter my credit card number.

I'm not a fan either, but it's difficult to expect companies to act contrary to a profit motive.

Jintor

I'm asking AusGAF, not google. It's conceivable people here might have some experience in the area and I was looking for recommendations.

Salazar

according to clive palmer, the CIA is the puppetmaster behind the greens.... :O

The claims reach the outer limits of conspiracy theories and are certain to embarrass allies of Mr Palmer and severely reduce his political influence.

It is probable that any senior Liberal, including Opposition Leader Tony Abbott, will be reluctant to appear on the same platform as him.

lol, no. He's a mega-rich right winger. They'll be in his lap for whatever.

Only specifically for "computer programs" I believe.
Yup. But what constitutes a program nowadays? Has anything been proven in court either way? A video game is probably covered under it. A DVD/BluRay? Possibly not unless you had a good lawyer and some luck.

After a certain period of time, all automatic licenses become full drivers licenses.
not entirely true. in NSW at least after 12 months you can drive a manual without a re-test.
No shit. But the terms of the agreement during that time are what's important to the discussion.

I wasnt the one who mentioned drivers licenses first. Just pointing out why it was an analogy unfavourable to codswallop's argument.
An agreement is an agreement.

In less legal news: Where would I go to get some decent cheap-ass business cards?
Vista Print are doing 250 for free at the moment. I don't know what the catch is but it possibly involves you giving away a lot of fake information.

Jintor

Yup. But what constitutes a program nowadays? Has anything been proven in court either way? A video game is probably covered under it. A DVD/BluRay? Possibly not unless you had a good lawyer and some luck.

Actually it's defined in s47B of the Copyright Act. Unfortunately, it's recursive.

"computer program" includes any literary work that is:

(a) incorporated in, or associated with, a computer program; and

(b) essential to the effective operation of a function of that computer program.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
rewatching game of thrones as i make my way up the english coast! i took a 6 hour train ride in germany via regional trains that should jave taken 2 hours! i will glance occasionally at le landscape

Yagharek

2 for 1 Oporto.

Racism. IGN are obviously Fez fans.

I wouldnt completely rule that out tbh. Theyre one of the media outlets who repeat the invented mantra that all japanese games suck this gen.

Slightly less hyperbolic ...

Anyone see that Games TM gave a 3/10 to Resident Evil Raccoon City?

I wonder if the retail version will have good gameplay locked on the disc until Capcpcom sell it as DLC in a few months.

I wouldnt completely rule that out tbh. Theyre one of the media outlets who repeat the invented mantra that all japanese games suck this gen.

Slightly less hyperbolic ...

Anyone see that Games TM gave a 3/10 to Resident Evil Raccoon City?

I wonder if the retail version will have good gameplay locked on the disc until Capcpcom sell it as DLC in a few months.
Game Informer gave it a 6/10 which is pretty harsh for basically an adverainment magazine. Also called the new Silent Hill the definition of mediocrity. Still gave that a 7/10 though. :)

Also there is an ad for Arkham Asylum GOTY edition saying it doesn't come out until April? wtf?

That's how they get you. Wedding invitations?
Doing our invites ourselves. Fuck they can be expensive. You know what else? Chair covers. FUCK THAT SHIT. Seriously, some lazy person wants to charge us $8 a chair and we have to put them on ourselves.

Burgers can be ok, but they are so lazy with their chips.

Cannot support.
Fine. At Lord of the Fries buy one get one for $1. Other stuff to. Couldn't be arsed trawling that site.

Choc

Banned
reptile our venue was $100 a head and included

-chairs and chair covers
-ceremony
-3 course meal
-flowers on the tables
-exclusive use of car park
-1 night in the Honeymoon suite of the resort
-Canapes between ceremony and reception
-Dealing with the wedding cake
-A WEDDING PLANNER (full time hired by the venue, best money ever spent having her)

so yeah, if you shop around...

this is where i got married (not saying you can, but you can get bargains :) )

http://www.newportmirage.com.au/weddings/

Choc

Banned
today i downloaded an IOS game

it was 99c

to unlock more modes i need to pay $2. Those modes are in the App

WHY ARENT PEOPLE COMPLAINING ON THIS ONE?

yes $60 vs $2

thats why

I get it, but if they are doing it on principle they should be going nuts over these practices as well. I actually find the IOS in app payments system more insideous then on disc DLC as its so easy to spend cash.

Boken

Banned
Game Informer gave it a 6/10 which is pretty harsh for basically an adverainment magazine. Also called the new Silent Hill the definition of mediocrity. Still gave that a 7/10 though. :)

Also there is an ad for Arkham Asylum GOTY edition saying it doesn't come out until April? wtf?

Doing our invites ourselves. Fuck they can be expensive. You know what else? Chair covers. FUCK THAT SHIT. Seriously, some lazy person wants to charge us $8 a chair and we have to put them on ourselves.

Fine. At Lord of the Fries buy one get one for $1. Other stuff to. Couldn't be arsed trawling that site.

oh man lord of the fries, best thing about melbourne

Kritz

Banned
Jintor, did you get a question answered in Jeff's Jar Time?

Because the ANONYMOUS WRITER did a thing that sounds like a thing that happened to you maybe!

reptile our venue was $100 a head and included

so yeah, if you shop around...

this is where i got married (not saying you can, but you can get bargains :) )

http://www.newportmirage.com.au/weddings/
Problem is we are stuck down here in Warrnambool. A lot of places are WAY over priced and pretty average. The place we had planned on using turned out to be a bit of a dump.

Found a really nice place that does receptions. Will be $46 a head for the meals and canapés, no booze included though so we will have to put up a tab. Church is only going to cost around $300 and they are making all the flowers and decorations to bring to the reception. There is a great little pub between the church and the reception (all within a few blocks, easy walking distance) that I might put a tab on because it would be a nice traveller.

The place we found is a great deal compared to most of the places here. The food is divine too thankfully.

today i downloaded an IOS game

it was 99c

to unlock more modes i need to pay $2. Those modes are in the App

WHY ARENT PEOPLE COMPLAINING ON THIS ONE?

yes $60 vs $2

thats why

I get it, but if they are doing it on principle they should be going nuts over these practices as well. I actually find the IOS in app payments system more insideous then on disc DLC as its so easy to spend cash.
Pisses me off in mobile games when I buy an app yet still have to put up with their fucking advertisements. I PAID YOU MONEY TO AVOID ADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom