• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Dead Man Choc'd.

NG3 reviews seem to be a solid 7 or 8 from most places. Apparently it is a good Ninja Gaiden, more accessible for better or worse depending on if you like accessible or penus grindingly hard at times.

tlp30.jpg

Nope, I can't afford that.

:(

What does electromagnetism have to do with budgets?

Jintor

Damnit, I slept early and I still woke up at 9am instead of 7:30 like I used to before ME3 fucked up my sleep cycle

goddamnit, this is really throwing off my morning runs. Thankfully it's cloudy, but my body can't take it :<

markot

Banned
I still cant fathom Palmers 'CIA wants to kill our mining industry' thing >.<; I mean... why? Is it so we cant sell crap to China and indirectly it would harm China?

Yagharek

I still cant fathom Palmers 'CIA wants to kill our mining industry' thing >.<; I mean... why? Is it so we cant sell crap to China and indirectly it would harm China?

How dare you question the motives, integrity or nature of this fine upstanding gentleman; a true paragon of virtue and a National Living Treasure.

Next AusGAF member who gets jury duty will surely be sitting in the gallery for markot's sedition trial and his horrible slanderous inferences about Mr Palmer.

Because obviously the USA needs every bit of help to keep up with Australia's mineral dominance. I mean the US coal industry is only twice as big as the Australian one. Can't you read between the lines markot?

Fredescu

I don't remember the exact policy on magazine scans, but there's an image from PCPP floating around that looks like a Dark Souls PC reference.

senahorse

I wish you could give it to people that actually want to go to it. After my experience last year I all but completely lost confidence in the jury process and the way in which peoples ideals and/or decisions can be turned through influence.

Choc

Banned
Why doesn't the deep heat box warn putting cream near particular regions = incredibly painful burning sensation in said parts :<

Rezbit

Man, why would you WANT to go on jury duty? Get paid a pittance instead of your real work, boring as hell, usually have to do it with complete numpties.

Choc are you serious. Are you not a grown-ass man. Haven't you seen any shitty movies where dudes put sports cream in other people's jocks as a practical joke? Because it ain't comfortable. Assuming those are said parts...haha.

Danoss

Man, why would you WANT to go on jury duty? Get paid a pittance instead of your real work, boring as hell, usually have to do it with complete numpties.

They seem to have revised their pay structure for jury duty since I was last there. It appears there are two payment types, one for a person who enters as employed, the other for an unemployed person. Last I checked if you go in to jury duty as an employed person, once you hit day 11, it works out at $1,000 per week; that's a decent incentive for a lot of people.

ZIwCS.png

Source
Pretty decent if you ask me. That's not including any travel allowance payable.

Yes, your employer doesn't have to continue to pay you on jury duty, but if it's only a short case, like a few days or so, most workplaces continue to pay and you just sign the cheque over to them when you receive it.

Rezbit

They seem to have revised their pay structure for jury duty since I was last there. It appears there are two payment types, one for a person who enters as employed, the other for an unemployed person. Last I checked if you go in to jury duty as an employed person, once you hit day 11, it works out at $1,000 per week; that's a decent incentive for a lot of people.

Yes, your employer doesn't have to continue to pay you on jury duty, but if it's only a short case, like a few days or so, most workplaces continue to pay and you just sign the cheque over to them when you receive it.

Ah yes. Well that is better.

What exactly are the benefits of it being on PC, except for a frame rate that's actually stable if your PC can handle that, and a possible higher resolution (the graphics are pretty ordinary so this wouldn't make much difference)?

Fredescu

Most people bitched about the terrible framerate in certain areas, so that's a biggy. A PC port is no guarantee that it will be fixed, but apparently it uses the same engine as the Dirt series which runs pretty damn well.

Yeah the frame rate is the only reason I could think of, and it's pretty bad on 360 at times. I thought there may have been some sort of other rumours about added bits.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
going down a dress size makes me feel like a young lady again

oipic

Valve has finally given me permission to play DOTA2 ;_;

Nice one!

I'm so damn excited to start playing. I can't wait until I get into a game to have people yell obscenities at me, then never play it again.

Yeah, I'm a patient soul, but my worry with this DOTA2 thing is that I'll be so LTTP that my lack of mad skillz will see me quickly alienated and torn asunder by the hardcore elite. Likely to happen anyway, regardless.

I'm hoping for some
relatively?
friendly AusGAF sessions!

jambo

What exactly are the benefits of it being on PC, except for a frame rate that's actually stable if your PC can handle that, and a possible higher resolution (the graphics are pretty ordinary so this wouldn't make much difference)?

4 times the resolution
keyboard and mouse control
high and stable framerate
higher resolution textures
Customisation and possible modding

GetWines Melbourne
Becks Pilsner (24 x 330ml) Wed $29.99
Carlsberg (24 x 330ml) Thu $29.99
Moretti (24 x 330ml) Fri $29.99

Price drops on GTX 5xx series.

Could you imagine Vanquish on PC at 60fps? Fuuuuuuu
VANQUISH%20-%20Euro%20Ver.%20(Xbox%20360)%20cover%20front.gif

1278943321473.gif

IN FULL HD AT 60FPS ON A GLORIOUS IPS MONITOR MIND MELTING JOY

Have EB stopped selling Game Informer subs via their website? Nothing comes up when searching for it, and the Game Informer website itself mentions subscribing/re-subscribing via MagShop.com.au (for an additional $10).
Last time I resubbed I had to go to EB and get a card to mail away from them, I couldn't sign up on the spot so I assume it is the same with the website now too. It is just one of those pull off postcards.

Saved one of these from the wrath of female train commuters this morning.

Who knew people could be so scared of something that harmless looking.
Currently have 3 buckets of molasses in our garden because the gf is sick of hearing the damn crickets blabbering on in heat every night while trying to sleep. Fuck em, they can go get laid at someone else's backyard.

What does electromagnetism have to do with budgets?
Einstein was also an awesome wedding planner. Every wedding went off without a hitch because of his planning using electromagnetism.

Karnivool are touring in July, yay!
I think I will have to make an appearance in Melbourne for it. Haven't seen the Bool in too long and they always put on a damn good show. Plus new tracks!

Why doesn't the deep heat box warn putting cream near particular regions = incredibly painful burning sensation in said parts :<
Common sense Choc.
Same reason you don't try and cut your pubes with a butchers knife.

EVERYTHING! Faster load times with an SSD, 60FPS, High resolution graphics, full use of a keyboard or controller if you want, choice!, Steam Sales!!!

going down a dress size makes me feel like a young lady again
Going up a size makes me want to get back into bed and cry. :(

Thankfully hasn't happened for a while since I noticed my ballooning

Where's your sense of adventure, Arnie?

0Movs.gif

Jintor

The fucking internet won't drop out every two hours

4 times the resolution
keyboard and mouse control
high and stable framerate
higher resolution textures
Customisation and possible modding
So: It's prettier. Except that the game as-is is quite ugly, and it's not to do with the resolution. I don't see keyboard and mouse control as an improvement for this particular game.

Common sense Choc.
Same reason you don't try and cut your pubes with a butchers knife.
I use a cleaver. Much more efficient.

Jintor

So: It's prettier. Except that the game as-is is quite ugly, and it's not to do with the resolution. I don't see keyboard and mouse control as an improvement for this particular game.

The main advantage is that a bunch of non PS3-360 owning folks can buy Dark Souls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom