• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying that your experience is statistically meaningless compared to dozens of complaints.
And those complaints are likely meaningless, statistically, compared to the thousands of successful customers. In the 'monumental incompetance' thread, the last page currently has about 45 posts, between Sep 2011 and Feb 2012. If it were 'monumental', surely there would be a few more than that. On there, there are ten posts complaining, with two saying it took 'just under a month' (how close they don't say), two saying 'ages' (they don't say how long that is, but when waiting for something it always seems like forever), someone saying 'never had anything arrive in a timely fashion' (but don't say how long 'timely' is).

There are only a couple of people with anything resembling problems on that page. One person ordered a second copy of a game at a discounted price before verifying their original purchase was cancelled. One person says they never received a response to an email (I consider that an actual problem) and another from NZ says they never received multiple games over an extended period of time. In their case, it's possible Zavvi screwed up or possibly their mail service, but it's hard to say in that instance.

So no, I don't think Zavvi is as big a problem as people are making out.

"Vocal minority"
Bingo.

Fredescu

How can you make that assumption when you have no idea of the number of customers that are happy with their experience and aren't saying anything?
How can you call people complaining about bad customer service "entitled" and "the problem overblown" based on one persons experience? I don't have a problem with someone saying "I've never had a problem, I'll continue to use them." I do have a problem with someone saying: "as usual, whingers on GAF have overblown the extent of the problem" and "everyone is complaining because of their sense of entitlement."

Kritz

Banned
I understand why people get pissy with Zavvi / Hut / DVD / Base but I still think it's a case where people in this day and age have no patience. Sorry, I should say in my experience, very few people have patience. Combine that with no ability to plan ahead, in that people estimate they'l need a new game to play next week for their holiday and wait until the week before to order it. It doesn't arrive in a week and it's meltdown time.

People would live much longer lives if they stopped stressing over 2 or 3 week delivery times.

Please note I am not defending them for any customer service issues. Also note that I have had 1 issue in the past and they handle it a little poorly. Subsequent orders have been placed balancing cost of their product in relation to other retailers against my past experiences.

I find it best to only order games I don't actually want from those sites.

... I've never come to the conclusion that's it's a dumb idea to buy games I don't want. On that note, I wonder how much Asura's Wrath is selling for.

Jintor

I actually hate this phrase ('vocal minority', not bingo) with a passion. It's just amusingly applicable to both the ME3 drama and this Zavvi argument.

I don't particularly like Zavvi but I resign myself to online shopping as a 'well one day it'll just turn up' kind of deal. If I want something now I'll suck it up and buy it irl.

Omikron

How can you call people complaining about bad customer service "entitled" and "the problem overblown" based on one persons experience? I don't have a problem with someone saying "I've never had a problem, I'll continue to use them." I do have a problem with someone saying: "as usual, whingers on GAF have overblown the extent of the problem" and "everyone is complaining because of their sense of entitlement."

Never said anything about that, just stated that you can not say

"I'm saying that your experience is statistically meaningless compared to dozens of complaints."

Saying someone's argument is statistical meaningless with your own statistically meaningless quote isn't going to work. :p

Kritz

Banned
That reminds me, my friend wanted to buy my PSP and 3DS...

It's funny that I've bought more games in half a week on my iPad than I've owned for every single one of my handhelds combined.

Yagharek

I understand why people get pissy with Zavvi / Hut / DVD / Base but I still think it's a case where people in this day and age have no patience. Sorry, I should say in my experience, very few people have patience. Combine that with no ability to plan ahead, in that people estimate they'l need a new game to play next week for their holiday and wait until the week before to order it. It doesn't arrive in a week and it's meltdown time.

People would live much longer lives if they stopped stressing over 2 or 3 week delivery times.

Please note I am not defending them for any customer service issues. Also note that I have had 1 issue in the past and they handle it a little poorly. Subsequent orders have been placed balancing cost of their product in relation to other retailers against my past experiences.

The problem is they state there is a 2-3 week delivery time and that turns into 5 or 6 weeks routinely.

If they said it took 5-6 weeks you wouldnt hear me complaining, but they dont so they can GAGF.

Yagharek

And those complaints are likely meaningless, statistically, compared to the thousands of successful customers. In the 'monumental incompetance' thread, the last page currently has about 45 posts, between Sep 2011 and Feb 2012. If it were 'monumental', surely there would be a few more than that. On there, there are ten posts complaining, with two saying it took 'just under a month' (how close they don't say), two saying 'ages' (they don't say how long that is, but when waiting for something it always seems like forever), someone saying 'never had anything arrive in a timely fashion' (but don't say how long 'timely' is).

There are only a couple of people with anything resembling problems on that page. One person ordered a second copy of a game at a discounted price before verifying their original purchase was cancelled. One person says they never received a response to an email (I consider that an actual problem) and another from NZ says they never received multiple games over an extended period of time. In their case, it's possible Zavvi screwed up or possibly their mail service, but it's hard to say in that instance.

So no, I don't think Zavvi is as big a problem as people are making out.

Youre missing context. That thread started out mainly due to Americans importing Xenoblade PAL. Which is pretty much a first for lots of them importing from Europe. Zavvi was a less than wonderful introduction.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Which reminds me, I never actually got FFXIII2 from Zavvi. Weird. Better lodge a query or whatever.

Clipper

BoardGameGaf is this Sunday? Going to have to withdraw, class reunion on that date :<
And you were one of the first people to confirm... Anyway, we now have:

Definitely confirmed: Clipper, Danoss
Confirmed last week but I better ask to make sure: Doncamatic, Rahk
Confirmed not coming: Jintor, BanShunsaku

Again, I offer the opportunity for anybody else even mildly interested in a fun day of gaming with some friends that doesn't require electricity to let us know if you want to join in as you are welcome. It's on Sunday from 10am to about 4pm.

Kritz

Banned
Xdlli.png

YEAAAAAAAAH 3D WEB BROWSING

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So game uk is pretty much dead unless someone decides to buy it within the next 10 days?

I wonder if serrels can confirm the aus branch will follow suit.

Choc

Banned
This is the world we live in.

I really don't like the Vita though. Not a fan at all.

tis fine mark, i dont hate you for it ;)

what about the 3DS? what do you like about that in comparison to Vita, i'd love to know

edit: if GAME UK dies AU dies, simple. One and the same company

even if GAME UK survives, i suggest that the first thing the people taking it over will do, is shutdown foreign operations.

MrSerrels

tis fine mark, i dont hate you for it ;)

what about the 3DS? what do you like about that in comparison to Vita, i'd love to know

edit: if GAME UK dies AU dies, simple. One and the same company

even if GAME UK survives, i suggest that the first thing the people taking it over will do, is shutdown foreign operations.

It's just about the games for me. The Vita's interface is a bit irritating after using an iPhone. The minute the PSV gets some games I can get excited about, I'll play it.

At least the 3DS has Super Mario 3D Land!

Youre missing context. That thread started out mainly due to Americans importing Xenoblade PAL. Which is pretty much a first for lots of them importing from Europe. Zavvi was a less than wonderful introduction.
But Americans are used to free overnight shipping from places like Amazon, so their expectations were already unrealistic when ordering from a site like Zavvi.

Yagharek

But Americans are used to free overnight shipping from places like Amazon, so their expectations were already unrealistic when ordering from a site like Zavvi.

Yes, but theyve been accidentally correct because zavvi frequently takes much longer to deliver than they say they do.

Yagharek

Not in my experience, though I don't dispute that it happens.

Well you are claiming there are unrealistic expectations at play here. If they say 2-3 weeks, I expect 3 weeks to pass and me have my order. That's not the case in my experience and in the experience of many other people.

I'm annoyed at them because they also don't offer a paid expedited or trackable shipping option, but thats a slightly different issue.

In my experience their customer service was woeful (being generous here), slow and often completely missed the point of my questions.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So $500 for the 680? Not too bad then. I don't think reviews are officially out yet right? The NDA is still up.

The toms benchmarks that were leaked seemed a little off with different performance figures for the ATi series of cards compared to when they were reviewed months ago.

jambo

So $500 for the 680? Not too bad then. I don't think reviews are officially out yet right? The NDA is still up.

I think some benches have leaked, but nothing official. Some chinese sites will probably start posting stuff soon as always.

$500 is a pretty good price. My old cards should pretty much cover the cost of one of the new cards.

I might wait and see what the 690s look like though. It takes a lot to power games on a 30"

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
$500 US right? Meaning they'll probably be $700ish here?

Might actually be cheaper. The 7970s are $550+ in the US and at pcg they are $650+.

So we could see $600 for a 680 locally? But given it's a new product along with supply, $700 or so at launch sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom