• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinest

The problem is they state there is a 2-3 week delivery time and that turns into 5 or 6 weeks routinely.

If they said it took 5-6 weeks you wouldnt hear me complaining, but they dont so they can GAGF.

The only time an Order from the Hut Group for me was over a month was Last Window, which was the case with lots of people.

Otherwise 3 weeks is the max and 2 is the usual.

The problem is they state there is a 2-3 week delivery time and that turns into 5 or 6 weeks routinely.

If they said it took 5-6 weeks you wouldnt hear me complaining, but they dont so they can GAGF.

Ozgameshop is the same, citing one to two weeks and occasionally taking a month. Meanwhile, everything I've ordered from Zavvi/The Hut has arrived in their stated range.

Fredescu

Newegg is the only company that sells video cards overseas? =P
Eh? Why are you being evasive about this? They're the only company you've taken a screenshot of and implied that that's the price you're getting. I'm interested to know how! Every time I've looked into importing hardware it's totally not been worth it.

jambo

Eh? Why are you being evasive about this? They're the only company you've taken a screenshot of and implied that that's the price you're getting. I'm interested to know how! Every time I've looked into importing hardware it's totally not been worth it.

How am I being evasive? I just posted that pic as a general idea of what prices will be like.

It's not like other hardware stores will sell at a wildly different price. Hell, you can get video cards off of Amazon.

The details only started coming out today. I have no idea if I'll be upgrading tomorrow or in two months. I still have to sell my current video cards as well.

I think you're reading too much in to this lol

I caught up on Breaking In last night and omigawd I forgot how beautiful Odette Yustman is. Also that show is really fucking good and hilarious and you should watch it.

GAME HAD a big sale. I had a dozen or so bargains to post last night but they are probably out of stock now. All the best deals sold out within minutes.

Sam & Max Season 3 CE for $12 was a good pickup at least. Would have liked the Yakuza 4 CE for $29 :(

Lagavulin 16 Year Old is $79.90 at Dan Murphy's

So I guess Bioware is going to maybe possibly be doing something to the ending? Not sure if want. You fucked up already. You don't get to take it back.
Will be changed in DLC just like Fallout 3.

Looks like rebooting the router did the trick, wait, maybe not. If it's on ICS, mine does that occasionally as well. Just go into the wireless settings and 'forget' the connection and then connect again.
Doesn't work. Need to power cycle the router. Cookie brought up the idea of giving it a static IP though which I will give a shot once I get some time.

I am a big baby.
Yes you are.

Mass Effect 3
fails to deliver the story in a consistent manner. No different to the last 2 games though, the pace and delivery shifts all around the place. This is mainly because they are video games though, it is a fucking hard medium to accurately push what the writers are wanting to convey because of the nature of an interactive medium.

My main problem is that it feels like 10 different writers had a go at the story, each having one section of gameplay with one final writing director putting it all together. I know this is how the industry works for large scale productions but it is usually masked better. Throughout playing ME3 my interest ebbed and flowed into boredom and out into moments of appreciation. When the writing is good it is very, very good. The dialogue exchanges with squad mates was much better in ME2, so good it saved the empty story for me. In ME3 you can tell they wanted to give the player the feeling of rushing along because the universe is being destroyed but there is no time in ME3. You can sit on your arse at the citadel eavesdropping on lazy people for 100 hours and NOTHING changes. For most of the game there is no CONSEQUENCE. I wiped out an entire species with a snap decision, that shit should have been milked for all its worth rather than pushing a one-sided view. The contrast between what Bioware do and what CD Projekt do with guiding the players to make an informed choice is night and day. I mean, as soon as that cutscene finishes the representative of another species didn't even mention the genocide! They didn't get a fuck that I had allied with a robotic species that the universe had been constantly at war with! Fuzzy logic kills a lot of the story for me, and I am someone who LOVES fuzzy logic!

It did come out that the ending has been revamped a lot even up to the moment of release so people are a bit frustrated that the ending to a trilogy wasn't planned out and developed to the degree that people expect of a finale.

In my experience Zavvi take 2 to 3 times longer than ozgameshop, the games dont necessarily arrive, they have a fucked up automated system that lies about what you get sent and what you dont, and customer service takes a week to respond to any request.
In my experience of 20+ orders only one has taken more than 2 weeks and when I messaged them about it I received a reply within 2 hours tell me when it was sent out and that if it didn't arrive within 28 days of it being posted they would refund me or send another one out, depending on my choice.

Thousands of customers will have differing experiences.

How can you make that assumption when you have no idea of the number of customers that are happy with their experience and aren't saying anything?
Any discussion on this is guesswork unless every single purchase from Zavvi is audited by a government body. Everyone has an opinion.

[this post was written at 9:45am but I forgot to hit post]
:(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I caught up on Breaking In last night and omigawd I forgot how beautiful Odette Yustman is. Also that show is really fucking good and hilarious and you should watch it.

Yea, Breaking In is a decent show. It's nothing spectacular but it's good to see the guy from reaper getting another gig. I fucking loved reaper.

That lady is currently in house, I think it's her. Yea she is super fine.

my friend just sold his vita and 3ds to buy an ipad for touchpad gaming

:<
Fixed.

That reminds me, my friend wanted to buy my PSP and 3DS...

It's funny that I've bought more games in half a week on my iPad than I've owned for every single one of my handhelds combined.
Same here. Although it cost me $4 and I am already sick of or finished all of them. Tempting to grab Draw Something but I don't have enough time to grab a hold of the tablet at night.

Mobile WipEout makes me happy.
Mobile Ridge Racer on the PSP and Burnout Legends were INSANELY GOOD. Would love a repeat offering on the Vita with a proper Ridge Racer and a fully fledged old style Burnout.

Amazon seem great for SSD's. Maybe check them out for GPU's too.

I don't think people like to recommend overseas sites because people can get shitty about the Warranty situation and complain about having to deal with overseas companies and postage.

Shaneus

Can someone here post the ending (or a link to it) for ME3? I have no intention of getting it so I'd love to see what all the hubbub is about (and any context, if necessary).

jambo

Instead of answering, you teased information but didn't provide it. Being a smart arse doesn't make that any more or less true.

I honestly thought that you knew that people shipped video cards internationally, like thousands of other goods.

Can someone here post the ending (or a link to it) for ME3?

rK62C.gif

Yagharek

I'd laugh if the alternate ending is $20 DLC and worse than whatever it is people are upset about.

It's a copout though. If you dont like how a story ends, read/watch/play better things instead and remember it next time they introduce something as "From the makers of ... "

Every creative work is the result of an "artist's vision" - be it something inspired like the works of William Gibson, or something trite and disposable as from Bioware's current writers. But you dont get to choose the ending - they do.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I look up that Reaper show cookie was talking about and I somehow found my way to Nathan Fillion's wiki page. He has some very unflattering candids: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...pg/401px-Nathan_Fillion_at_Paleyfest_2012.jpg

Fillion always looks devlishly handsome, even when they are unflattering!

Reaper was great but ended in a silly cliff hanger way that won't get resolved. I think one of the guys who worked on the show was a gaffer and could very well still be. There was meant to be comics of reaper to further the story but i know nothing about if it ever happened, I should really look into that.

Choc

Banned
I'd laugh if the alternate ending is $20 DLC and worse than whatever it is people are upset about.

It's a copout though. If you dont like how a story ends, read/watch/play better things instead and remember it next time they introduce something as "From the makers of ... "

Every creative work is the result of an "artist's vision" - be it something inspired like the works of William Gibson, or something trite and disposable as from Bioware's current writers. But you dont get to choose the ending - they do.

it would serve them right vince it really would, fuckin whingers.

I have no problem with Bioware leaving the ending as is. It is their product, it is their vision. Simple as that. I am not impressed with what they have done but the mature way to deal with that realisation is to factor that into future decisions regarding purchasing their products.

Can someone here post the ending (or a link to it) for ME3? I have no intention of getting it so I'd love to see what all the hubbub is about (and any context, if necessary).

We have a little thing called Google these days you know. Also YouTube. ;)

EDIT: I liked Reaper. The comic relief has been in a bunch of movies since. Tucker & Dale Vs Evil I think it is called, was awesome.
The main dude is in some shitty TV show with Christian Slater now I think.

Fredescu

I honestly thought that you knew that people shipped video cards internationally, like thousands of other goods.
It's pretty uncommon, especially from the US. Electronic goods have standards that they have to meet. It's illegal to plug a modem/router into your phone line for example if it doesn't have the AU tick. I'm pretty sure if exports were easy to do, Newegg would do it. Also those shipping proxy companies wouldn't exist.

Yagharek

I have no problem with Bioware leaving the ending as is. It is their product, it is their vision. Simple as that. I am not impressed with what they have done but the mature way to deal with that realisation is to factor that into future decisions regarding purchasing their products.

Precisely. They just join a long list of writers who blew their creative wad early on and fans realised they had only made something good once or twice by accident. See also: Bungie, the Wachowski Bros, Hideo Kojima and Sonic Team.

What is better though is when you read or watch something new and have low expectations or no expectations since its an unknown quantity. Then they proceed to blow you away with something special. See also: Ubisoft Montpelier, Oddworld Inhabitants and Q Games.

Shaneus

rK62C.gif
Why? If it's a link you don't have to click on it, it's only for my benefit and not to spoil anyone else's fun anyway.

We have a little thing called Google these days you know. Also YouTube. ;)
I have a little thing called a work proxy. Also, I'd prefer to get opinions on it that from people who have played through the whole game rather than just the ending itself.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So couldn't come up with a good name for my Dream Team. Went with 'Touch my Balls'. So original.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MGS4 becomes a rich smelly turd no later than the start of Act 3. At least ME3 is fun and consistent up until the last ten minutes.

Yagharek

MGS4 becomes a rich smelly turd no later than the start of Act 3. At least ME3 is fun and consistent up until the last ten minutes.

Nah. Act 4 is still cool to play, even though its inconsistent with the series. Act 5 is fine too, even if its a bit hectic. The story is where it falls down.

OTOH Mass Effect combat was shit in the first one, so thats why I dropped it after 8-10 hours.

IGA WA with the bargrins. 24 Cans of Coke Zero for $9.99 and 24 Cans of Dr Pepper or Cherry Coke for $15

Found myself getting bored and annoyed at regular intervals with the repetitive nature of the *overhear conversation*/*go to item location*/*go back to person still in the same spot* gameplay. Level design has been pretty good in most places. I certainly wouldn't say the only problem it has is the ending. Still a damn solid game though, does a lot right and is a great cinematic experience.

Hm. Mgs3 is an awful unplayable mess with the worst camera since cameras were invented.
Where is Jambo with his gif? The camera was awesome at the time, Subsistence was an improvement too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom