• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyrim is Steamworks, right?

Do I buy it for $33?

Or finally get Starcraft 2 for $44, which is as cheap as I've ever seen it.

Both. Both. Both. Both.

Helping parents with tech support is the tenth circle of hell.

*slowly type in website name one letter at a time with one finger*

*miss the purple of the last clicked link to go straight to last site, slowly browse entire search thing*

*get angry when site rejects password, claim that site accepted the same password this morning and that it works if you enter it three times in a row*

*can't install javascript by themselves*

Feel your pain. My mum just started a distance ed course, and if there is a computer related thing, its my job to do it. My brother and my dad have started pretending they don't know how to do things (like attach a document to an email) so that I'm always the one who has to help.

BUT she wants to do everything slowly herself, and I have to watch and tell her what to do. It does not work at all. "Click that. No, that. Yes, now sc- oh, you have to click it again since you just clicked elsewhere".

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh Infamous 2 is only $25 at harvey norman? That's something I might be tempted to get. I enjoyed the first and totally forgot the second existed D:

If only I could get there easily. Oh wells.

midonnay

middonay - ever consider that the 2008 tell-all insider was what ticked off the authorities to investigate it? It was 4 years ago after all.

fair point....

but its hitting the presses in England too like its breaking news even though its been circulating for years. Seems more like a vendetta (although arguably deserved)

ps: My mum already has an Ipad. >_<

Yagharek

fair point....

but its hitting the presses in England too like its breaking news even though its been circulating for years. Seems more like a vendetta (although arguably deserved)

Maybe its just that there's finally some concrete evidence to go by. As in, imagine the consequences for any regulator making accusations against the biggest news agency in the world - a company probably bigger than any as far as propaganda goes - if you're not presenting a watertight case then the profile of that agency is going to be shot to pieces by the news corp machine.

its breaking news that its been proven....

I want to see rupert dragged in front of a parliamentary inquiry again. Not to see someone with a pie get him, but just to watch him squirm when asked direct and damaging questions.
The man and his empire have made life a living hell for many, often by making outright lies or breaking laws to find information that isn't in anyone's interest. Now the delicious irony that he has been caught in a piracy scam is too much to bear.

I hope news corp gets taken down like piratebay and megaupload - theyve done the same damn thing.

edit: oh yeah, kerrby is banned again.

legend166

He was looking for a new game to play because he beat Skyrim last week, and I saw Deus Ex for $23 so I recommended it to him. I've already beaten it on PC. I think he'll enjoy it.

Agyar

Yea that's pretty much it.

How did he go? It's nice to see some local events going on considering the large turnouts the barcrafts have been getting. Hopefully it's a nice populated local scene.

I'm way too afraid to play it online, I would get destroyed and trying to learn all the ins and outs is just crazy.

He did ok, he ended up placing 9th which was way below what he was hoping for. Top 2 get flown to Sydney for the next level and he would have placed 4th if he'd won the very last round. I do not understand it but in his words, the other guy played with 'all in' strategies that gave him a coin flips chance of winning as he couldn't out-play my brother any other way. In the last round, he would have won if he'd scouted right instead of left with his drone. He was pretty pissed off cause apparently he usually stomps all over that guy on the Bnet ladder.

He's fairly into it, I think he was placed 97 on the Grandmaster ladder for South East Asia or something over the weekend.

hamchan

I fell out of playing SC2 because of other games and Uni starting again. Maybe I'll start again when HOTS comes out. It kinda sucks to be Terran right now at the gold to diamond level which also reduced my need to play. The race requires a super high level of micro while Protoss and Zerg can still just 1a and roll over people at that level.

Jintor

So giant bomb are making light of sony's move to delete games from peoples download lists without reason or refund. (Motorstorm and everybodys tennis, due to an exploit on vita).

I guess it makes me wonder further whether the games media and industry just consider customers as an inconvenience these days, because their contempt isn't even thinly veiled nowadays. I hope they enjoy the move back to gamespot.

This is just Alex Navarro being Alex Navarro.

It's not much of an excuse but I feel it doesn't really reflect on GB that much.

Yagharek

This is just Alex Navarro being Alex Navarro.

It's not much of an excuse but I feel it doesn't really reflect on GB that much.

maybe not for regular readers, but it is just another in a long list of behaviours that reflects badly upon games media in general. Many of them have recently dropped any facades they once maintained, and now refer to customers with ad hominem terms, call them entitled, and generally side with the publisher/platform holders when points of contention come up.

The industry is wrapping itself firmly into a nice little insulated bubble, and sooner or later they will wonder why they keep having to close down studios, or why games are selling at bomba prices ever so quicker.

markot

Banned
The games 'journalism' business is the biggest joke since ever.

Fans are terrible.

Publishers are awful.

In short the industry sucks, and all you can hope for is a few good games >.<;

Ive pretty much given up on reading reviews, they are pointless, previews a thousand times more so, impressions generally are little more than pr pieces, news is little more than a press release.

They even try to ruin forums and sway general opinion with viral marketers.

Its all a hodge podge of awfulness wrapped in smelly sea weed. But not like sushi.

I am so weak. Eating KFC for lunch. Tastes so good. No more after this month until after my wedding I promise.

Feel your pain. My mum just started a distance ed course, and if there is a computer related thing, its my job to do it. My brother and my dad have started pretending they don't know how to do things (like attach a document to an email) so that I'm always the one who has to help.

BUT she wants to do everything slowly herself, and I have to watch and tell her what to do. It does not work at all. "Click that. No, that. Yes, now sc- oh, you have to click it again since you just clicked elsewhere".
It is great that she wants to learn though at least, even if it is an incredibly painful process. And will continue to be for the rest of her computer using days unfortunately :)

Yeah. http://join.me works pretty well for a free tool. Can even view from iOS or Android.
Now that looks handy. Will be giving it a test run tonight!

Fun watching Legend play SC2 because he got quickly bored of Deus Ex?
Deus Ex 3 is tons of fun! Becoming more and more fantastic in my mind and might even edge out TW2 as GOTY for me last year. All games that have come out since have left me a little disappointed, they did a hell of a lot of things right even if the boss fights were stupid and the visual style was polarising for some people.

Oh Infamous 2 is only $25 at harvey norman? That's something I might be tempted to get. I enjoyed the first and totally forgot the second existed D:

If only I could get there easily. Oh wells.
It is freaking fantastic. Make sure to grab the standalone DLC episode as well. It was on special a few weeks back for $8 and is the best DLC I have played since Minerva's Den. Brilliant spin on the game and the different powers are so much fun. Infamous is a great franchise and Sucker Punch have improved as storytellers with each release since Sly 1.
It has a bit of a solid learning curve throughout the game, never becoming easy but never being controller throwing frustrating. Something very few games can hold for me these days.

BUY IT.

if you pm me your address ill send it to you
Any idea what Sucker Punch are up to now?

edit: oh yeah, kerrby is banned again.
How many times can you get banned before it is perma?

markot

Banned
The boss fights are so bad in Dues Ex 2 that I stopped playing the game at... like the second one, the invisible chick.

HEY LETS OUTSOURCES AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE GAME TO ANOTHER STUDIO THAT DOESNT UNDERSTAND TEH GAME AT ALL!

GIVE THAT MAN A RAISE!

jambo

Tf2QJ.jpg

Can everyone work out the 8 groups of characters here?

Post answers in spoiler tags.

The boss fights are so bad in Dues Ex 2 that I stopped playing the game at... like the second one, the invisible chick.

HEY LETS OUTSOURCES AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE GAME TO ANOTHER STUDIO THAT DOESNT UNDERSTAND TEH GAME AT ALL!

GIVE THAT MAN A RAISE!

I assume you mean Deus Ex 3 not 2.

Also I understand why, they whipped up the game in 2 years which is a massive undertaking for such a huge and complex game considering even Call of Duty games have 2 years of development.

It was a mistake and they quickly admitted it, as well as said how it had hurt their sales.

Fredescu

Simpsons, TMNT, Southpark, Smurfs, Asterix, Bert and Ernie, Donald, Huey, Duey, and Luey, ... not sure on the last one.

markot

Banned
I assume you mean Deus Ex 3 not 2.

Also I understand why, they whipped up the game in 2 years which is a massive undertaking for such a huge and complex game considering even Call of Duty games have 2 years of development.

It was a mistake and they quickly admitted it, as well as said how it had hurt their sales.

Oh, so they cant patch PC, PS3 and 360 games to make them fixed and not shit? They can but dont, ergo, stuff them! They go onto the list! Along with Konami for MGS3, any Blizzard RTS post Warcraft 2, Call of Duty since 2, and many others.

Oh, so they cant patch PC, PS3 and 360 games to make them fixed and not shit? They can but dont, ergo, stuff them! They go onto the list! Along with Konami for MGS3, any Blizzard RTS post Warcraft 2, Call of Duty since 2, and many others.

Patch what exactly? So every game that has a less than great section has to be redeveloped for thousands of dollars and released in massive 3Gb patches? LOL

I know you are very much a downer most times you post but you cannot possibly believe that.

Can everyone work out the 8 groups of characters here?
I thought you mean text characters, not TV characters!
Simpsons, Ninja Turtles
South Park, Smurfs
?, Bert & Ernie
Donald Duck & Huey, Duey, Luey, ?

It's such a big part of the game it's not easy to patch it out. You could eliminate them entirely, I suppose, but otherwise it's ridiculous amounts of money to implement.

MontTrain

Banned
There's nothing at Harvey Norman that I want in that sale.

ME3 I will wait until all the bullshit DLC is out in a nice little package. Just to see what sort of madness they attempt to change with it.

LA Noire was like $10 on steam and has been a few times. Unless you want to play it on console cod, you're paying a little too much there.

I would be tempted by FF13-2 but I haven't played an FF since ... Um 10 maybe? I dunno, It's been a long fucking time and even then I barely touch my PS3 anymore. I still have uncharted 3 to finish, Maybe I should do that this weekend. Although I need a hdmi cable, Ok so maybe not.

I'm going to guess i'm the only one who actually dislikes the macbook trackpad and it's shitty clicking? I find that it needs a little too much pressure to actually get a mouse click and double clicking is a bitch, even if you increase or decrease the speed, it still doesn't feel right.

Have you got the macbook setup in preferences with tap to click so you don't actually have to push it down.

markot

Banned
Replace it with black screen mit text 'Theres a shit boss fight here that you dont want to play trust us'

That would have been better than having to actually 'play' through those awful inept bad shit awfulx2 things >.<

...edit out the final one and put in Tin Tin or something.

Replace it with black screen mit text 'Theres a shit boss fight here that you dont want to play trust us'

That would have been better than having to actually 'play' through those awful inept bad shit awfulx2 things >.<
I didn't like the boss battles but got through them fine. If you don't take any hard weapons into the battles it would indeed be annoying to have to go grab one of the many scattered around the arena. Mines made short work of them too. Pretty sure I just threw 8 or so mines at the second to last boss. The final boss didn't last more than a minute either, not sure what the deal with that one was. I think the heavy weapon you get near the end was overpowered maybe.

And that was playing a no-kill playthrough.

I think the last one are the Beagle Boys
Wrong colours though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Have you got the macbook setup in preferences with tap to click so you don't actually have to push it down.

Yea I totally just realised I can tap the thing, which makes it a lot nicer :D

I have no idea who the last one is in that panel. I'm sure when someone gets it right everyone will be, ooooh how did I not get that one!

Edit. Oh I know the name but didn't know it. So no oooh here.

Yea I totally just realised I can tap the thing, which makes it a lot nicer :D

I have no idea who the last one is in that panel. I'm sure when someone gets it right everyone will be, ooooh how did I not get that one!

It looks so familiar too... Like from a comic or something... Gaaaaah.

EDIT: Apparently its not what I thought it was...

jambo

You know what I hate? Those cheesy countdown timers on websites when they're going to unveil something.

Ughh, reminds me of all of those Under Construction pages on GeoCities.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
You know what I hate? Those cheesy countdown timers on websites when they're going to unveil something.

Ughh, reminds me of all of those Under Construction pages on GeoCities.

Glad you like it :p

Yagharek

For a moment there I thought the last one would have been
Popeye
but no idea who his accomplices are, so its no doubt wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom