• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

So giant bomb are making light of sony's move to delete games from peoples download lists without reason or refund. (Motorstorm and everybodys tennis, due to an exploit on vita).

I guess it makes me wonder further whether the games media and industry just consider customers as an inconvenience these days, because their contempt isn't even thinly veiled nowadays. I hope they enjoy the move back to gamespot.

Fredescu

There's nothing at Harvey Norman that I want in that sale.
Retail games just seem so irrelevant to me now. I used to be so excited about sales like that HN one. Now I'm playing free phone games and pre ordering indie games direct from the developers website (http://www.grimrock.net/ !) and signing up for betas for F2P games (http://www.pathofexile.com/ !) and buying whatever indie bundles and funding dead genres on Kickstarter. I used to scoff at paying $100 for a game. Now I scoff at paying $40.

Choc

Banned
Sutton Dagger got Choc'd :D

uh, vita games are ridiculous prices @ harveys

$24 for Unit 13!

:O

$29 for Uncharted, FIFA, Mod nation

Ordered Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Sports Mix from Harvey. Not really much there on the HD twins for me. Thought about Catherine, but with Kid Icarus this week and Fragile Dreams and Sin and Punishment 2 on the way from OGS I've already bought more games this month than I really intended to.

Fogz

I reckon Motorstorm Apocalypse would be a pretty good buy at 12 bucks. Thinking about Uncharted Vita for $30 too.

Damn good Harvey Norman sale for local prices.

Call of Duty MW3 - $44.44
Batman Arkham City - $29.44
Street Fighter X Tekken - $39.00
Assassin's Creed Revelations - $33.94
Black Ops - $27.00
Ninja Gaiden 3 - $39.00
Mass Effect 3 - $39
Catherine - $34
Skyrim - $38.94
Battlefield 3 - $43.44 (maybe, not sure)
L.A. Noire - $19.38 (doesn't include any of the DLC though)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - $39.00
Disneyland Kinect - $29.44
SSX - $39.00
These are the good pickups that are cheaper than importing, everything else can be found cheaper from LOGS/Zavvi/PlayAsia at times.

Also don't buy Raccoon City. Disneyland Kinect is tempting though.

The SFxT and Mass Effect 3 deals are fantastic if you HAVE to play the game now. Otherwise wait 2 months for super bomba price for SFxT, ME3 will take probably 6 months.

ME3 I will wait until all the bullshit DLC is out in a nice little package. Just to see what sort of madness they attempt to change with it.

LA Noire was like $10 on steam and has been a few times. Unless you want to play it on console cod, you're paying a little too much there.

I would be tempted by FF13-2 but I haven't played an FF since ... Um 10 maybe? I dunno, It's been a long fucking time and even then I barely touch my PS3 anymore. I still have uncharted 3 to finish, Maybe I should do that this weekend. Although I need a hdmi cable, Ok so maybe not.
Not sure if they will bundle ME3 since they never did it for ME2. Would expect a trilogy bundle next Christmas though.

FF13-2 is like $24 from Zavvi at the moment.

Retail games just seem so irrelevant to me now. I used to be so excited about sales like that HN one. Now I'm playing free phone games and pre ordering indie games direct from the developers website (http://www.grimrock.net/ !) and signing up for betas for F2P games (http://www.pathofexile.com/ !) and buying whatever indie bundles and funding dead genres on Kickstarter. I used to scoff at paying $100 for a game. Now I scoff at paying $40.
Pfft. I play homebrew games from the 70s using a computer from parts scavenged out of a Dick Smith dumpster.

Skylanders Pack for $44 is a great deal too. Wonder how much postage is though? Local store has no stock of anything so can't do store pickup.
Apparently it's a flat fee of $5.95 for metro areas (not sure about Warrnambool). I'm planning on heading to the Chadstone store tonight so if you're OK with braving Deakin's mail system I'd be OK with picking it up for you.

Jintor

Tempted to get Child of Eden again if they have it for the 360. I have the PS3 version but don't have a move so I feel a little silly.

Also Catherine is seriously still $34 for importingness?

Also where is my giant octopus sales banner? Doesn't feel right without it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Starcraft 2 is uh starcraft and depending on how you enjoy online rts gaming, it's that. And heart of the swarm should be coming out at some stage in the near future, so maybe SC2 could get a drop in price then?

Skyrim was kinda shitty. I dunno, I just disliked a good amount of it and haven't gone back yet. When I do go back I certainly won't be playing a shitty mage.

Why not just buy both? That sounds like a good option.

Agyar

Starcraft 2 is uh starcraft and depending on how you enjoy online rts gaming, it's that. And heart of the swarm should be coming out at some stage in the near future, so maybe SC2 could get a drop in price then?

Skyrim was kinda shitty. I dunno, I just disliked a good amount of it and haven't gone back yet. When I do go back I certainly won't be playing a shitty mage.

Why not just buy both? That sounds like a good option.

I watched my brother play at some Starcraft 2 Brisbane regional qualifier thing on the weekend and that shit is confusing. He clicks a lot.

midonnay

^^^ not sure why that piracy thing is making news these days....

I'm fairly sure I read about it years and years ago.

picked up starfox and zelda

so....... my collection of 3ds games just grew threefold.... :O

The SFxT and Mass Effect 3 deals are fantastic if you HAVE to play the game now. Otherwise wait 2 months for super bomba price for SFxT, ME3 will take probably 6 months.
$40 is good enough for me for street fighter. In 2 months who knows how well the online community will hold up.

Have an outdated mobile no. on PayPal, and it seems Harvey Norman used that instead of the one I entered on checkout. Hopefully they just email when it's ready to pickup.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I watched my brother play at some Starcraft 2 Brisbane regional qualifier thing on the weekend and that shit is confusing. He clicks a lot.

Yea that's pretty much it.

How did he go? It's nice to see some local events going on considering the large turnouts the barcrafts have been getting. Hopefully it's a nice populated local scene.

I'm way too afraid to play it online, I would get destroyed and trying to learn all the ins and outs is just crazy.

Choc

Banned
lulz @ apple fanboys defending apple

'BUT ITS ON THE SITE THAT IT DOESNT WORK'

that doesnt matter you fucking idiots. in teh ad it says IPAD + 4G

ON TELEVISION

brainless twats

Choc

Banned
^^^ not sure why that piracy thing is making news these days....

I'm fairly sure I read about it years and years ago.

picked up starfox and zelda

so....... my collection of 3ds games just grew threefold.... :O

middonay its the result of a 4 year secret investigation by the AFR and AFP

there are emails published that leaked from News International.

hamchan

I don't even really like that Zou Bisou Bisou song that much and it's stuck in my head. Now I just think of awkwardness when I hear it.

FINE some more bargains

F25t1.png

Team Ico Collection for $29
Resistance 3 for $24
Killzone 3 for $17
Uncharted 1&2 for $29
Uncharted 3 for $29
Motorstorm APOCAPLIPS for $12
INFamous 2 for $24
The Shoot! Moove for $12
Apre Escape for $14
Halo Wars for $9
Halo CE AE for $24

Apparently it's a flat fee of $5.95 for metro areas (not sure about Warrnambool). I'm planning on heading to the Chadstone store tonight so if you're OK with braving Deakin's mail system I'd be OK with picking it up for you.
All good, the other admin here bought MW3 when it was out of stock and then got an email from Harvey Norman saying they had stock so I expect our local store just doesn't update their online stocktake very often.

Tempted to get Child of Eden again if they have it for the 360. I have the PS3 version but don't have a move so I feel a little silly.
$16 at Zavvi

Jintor

Helping parents with tech support is the tenth circle of hell.

*slowly type in website name one letter at a time with one finger*

*miss the purple of the last clicked link to go straight to last site, slowly browse entire search thing*

*get angry when site rejects password, claim that site accepted the same password this morning and that it works if you enter it three times in a row*

*can't install javascript by themselves*

*miss the purple of the last clicked link to go straight to last site, slowly browse entire search thing*

*get angry when site rejects password, claim that site accepted the same password this morning and that it works if you enter it three times in a row*

Need to remote into that thing. Family tech support is always a hellish experience

midonnay

my brother and I got my dad a macbook for his birthday but he still continues to use his probably decade old winxp behemoth even though it takes literally 8 minutes to load and the hard drive is clicking >_<

brand spanking new laptop is under the bed collecting dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom