• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
So is the next election likely to come down to the NBN as a key platform. Are the liberals still dead set on killing it?

If Tony promises to tear it up he does 1 of two things

1) Tells us a lie

2) Gives Telstra 30 billion dollars as compo for cancelling the NBN. Buh bye surplus.

SUPER A CLASH OF KINGS SPOILERS DO NOT HIGHLIGHT

Despite my better judgment, for a second there I honestly thought he'd killed Bran off-screen. Theon's chapters are all so damn good.
The prevailing theory is that no one gets killed off-screen. No one. Like, there is no proof Siro Forell died.

This Dust 514 trailer is amazeballs. 24 minute mark. THAT is the kind of cross game play I want!

Has there been any word on Torchlight 2 yet? I remember they were shooting for Christmas 2011, but that's slipped at least once, possibly multiple times :(

I assume they slashed their sales forecasts and are now working out if they can have it out within the next month or if they can hold out for another 1-10 years before waiting for the Diablo 3 fervour to die down. Even people who had lost interest in Diablo 3 and were on the Torchlight wagon have thrown down their pre-order cash and organised holidays from work for the great ones return.
They delayed themselves out of the game, which is a huge shame. If they got it out around Christmas last year like they planned we may have even seen a delay for Diablo 3 depending on how T2 would have been received.
I hope they can survive but I have a feeling they may be in trouble.

Shaneus

I assume they slashed their sales forecasts and are now working out if they can have it out within the next month or if they can hold out for another 1-10 years before waiting for the Diablo 3 fervour to die down. Even people who had lost interest in Diablo 3 and were on the Torchlight wagon have thrown down their pre-order cash and organised holidays from work for the great ones return.
They delayed themselves out of the game, which is a huge shame. If they got it out around Christmas last year like they planned we may have even seen a delay for Diablo 3 depending on how T2 would have been received.
I hope they can survive but I have a feeling they may be in trouble.
That makes me sad. At this point they would've been better off going for an open beta for all pre-orderers to at least get the vibe out there. As it is, I haven't heard shit and it's been delayed for over three months now. I too think any chance they had to get a leg up on D3 is well and truly gone. I'll still be getting it, though.

Edit: This really doesn't sound good at all. Almost like a white flag :(
This unofficial answer saying that they're hoping the game it out by March isn't great either, given that we haven't even been given an ETA and it's almost April :/

Salazar

Such a goddamn cool building. And just cases of amazing stuff all over the place. And freeeeee.

fbZND.jpg

Wow, thanks man! But yeah, all good :)

BTW Anyone here interested in Pinball Arcade, it'll be making it's big console debut this week on XBLA :D

I've played a few pinball games on iOS that have been pretty good. Not sure how using a controller and a "non tated" screen would go though.

Shaneus

I've played a few pinball games on iOS that have been pretty good. Not sure how using a controller and a "non tated" screen would go though.
I actually play PA on iOS in landscape mode. Easier to get a good idea of the angles you'll hit that way rather than trying to see the whole table in portrait. Give it a shot.

Deeku

Such a goddamn cool building. And just cases of amazing stuff all over the place. And freeeeee.
Ahhh Sal's daily photo blog post type thing, just what I needed. Looks cool!

Meanwhile I'm still in the office after sitting in on a teleconference with some doofuses from London office. On the plus side, someone bought us some tasty bentos for dinner :D

Jintor

Take this as a measure of how good Kid Icarus is: I'm probably going to fail my International Law test on Thursday because of it. :<

midonnay

haha Telstra all over again

thats Labors plan as well you know.... NBNCo is going to be a private enterprise

The greens are the only party that believes in natural monopoly it seems........but at least the network would be as planned.

not some bastardardised Fibre to the node network that should have been completed 8 years ago.

Telstra's infustructure should be a separate business :/

hopefully that will happen in end .......like in New Zealand. Although history has a pesky way of repeating itself >_>

Deeku

Take this as a measure of how good Kid Icarus is: I'm probably going to fail my International Law test on Thursday because of it. :<
Is the game pure fun? Or is it the collecting/unlocking billions of crap that's hooked you?

Also rezbit's question.

Jintor

Online is fun as balls, partially because the loot between singleplayer and multi carries over, partially because the connection is rock solid even with players from Japan, and partially because the game is fun as balls.

Deeku

Hmm I might get it then, along with El Shaddai which is currently 17 bucks at playasia!!

Since the online is supposedly awesome, we can have ausgaf kid icarus nights, just like all those many nights we played mario kart together....:(

hamchan

50% off all games! Harvey Norman sale!

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/gaming?intcmp=HNAU-5768

Valid till thursday night. Go wild and fill that showcase with unplayed games XD

What the fuck, there's some good shit here.

Shamelessly copied from a post on ozbargain:
Deus Ex:HR - $23.44
Call of Duty MW3 - $44.44
Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - $28.44
Gears of War 3 - $29.44
Batman Arkham City - $29.44
Forza 4 - $33.94
Street Fighter X Tekken - $39.00
Just Dance 3 - $23.44
Assassin's Creed Revelations - $33.94
LotR: War in the North - $24.00
Black Ops - $27.00
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved - $18.44
Dance Central - $24.00
Saints Row the Third - $34.44
Ninja Gaiden 3 - $39.00
Zumba Fitness - $24.44
Mass Effect 3 - $39
Catherine - $34
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - $33.94
Skyrim - $38.94
Duke Nukem Forever - $13.38
Battlefield 3 - $43.44
Arcade Triple Pack - $18.85
Child of Eden - $18.85
Fighters Uncaged - $18.44
Viva Pinata 2 - $12.35
L.A. Noire - $19.38
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - $39.00
Disneyland Kinect - $29.44
RAGE - $19.38
Gears of War - $14.00
Fifa 12 - $44.44
Halo Wars - $9.38
The Biggest Loser - $18.50
The Darkness II - $39.00
Rugby World Cup 2011 - $18.83
Need for Speed: The Run - $39.00
F.E.A.R 3 - $24.00
Motionsport Kinect - $18.44
Kinect Sports 2 - $29.44
Wallabies Rugby Challenge - $43.94
SSX - $39.00
Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine - $43.94
Driver San Francisco - $24.38
Dance Central 2 - $32.44
Crackdown 2 - $13.89
F1 2011 - $24.44
Halo Reach - $24.44
Zumba Fitness Rush - $29.00
Apache: Air Assault - $38
Red Faction Armageddon - $23.38
Gears of War 2 - $28.50
UFC Undisputed 3 - $44.44
Fable III - $23.94
Halo ODST - $13.50

hamchan

Yeah I too regret my ME3 day one purchase. Tsk, I've been telling myself to not buy games day one anymore and it was all going fine until ME3. Lesson learned.... again. Games go bomba price in like a month.

Danoss

I spoke too soon earlier, this virus isn't going away. I fell asleep at 2am and woke up at 4am absolutely on fire and nauseous as hell. No matter what I do, I can't get cool, might go have myself a cold shower. I'm having a hard time keeping myself hydrated I'm sweating so much, it's ridiculous.

The rate of recovery is so slow, this weekend isn't looking promising.

Edit: Cold shower was great until I stepped out of it and immediately started sweating again. Fuck this shit.

Shaneus

Looks like a new promo is up.

20% off:
Darksiders 2 ($39.96)
Risen 2 ($39.96)
Nexuiz ($7.99)
Binary Domain ($31.99)

All of them activate on Steam.
Use the code: PROMO-FESTI-VAL20 at the checkout.

Looks like I'll be grabbing Risen 2 & Darksiders 2.
BINARY DOMAIN FOR AROUND THIRTY BUCKS. Haven't checked, but I hope it's not region specific :/

I will say again. Torchlight 2 was dated for june 2011 then it got a date of july 16. You say delayed 3 months. I say 1 year. D3 didnt do enough to change from d2 which us not a game I want to play anymore. Its tedious and stupid and hard to play. Torchlight imprived on everything and people that,played the original on pc will still get it. Main stream sure d3 might have taken some of its sales away but how many really? I say not a lot.

Those Harvey Norman prices are pretty impressive. I'll be definitely picking up Mass Effect 3 at that price, since the best price elsewhere is still $60 (e.g. Zavvi, OGS, etc). Gears of War 3 and Arkham City are also pretty good prices.

Actually LA Noire is only $20 as well... been waiting until it was ultra cheap before picking up.

There goes a bunch of money.

D3 didnt do enough to change from d2 which us not a game I want to play anymore.
My sentiments exactly. Played through the beta co-op with a mate and felt pretty much nothing for the game.

Ingram

Bah just blew $211 at HN on games and now PSN update has Persona games cheap!

Downside, I decided for some random reason that yes I did want FF4CC but I missed the good price oh well PERSONAAAAAAAA!!!1

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
There's nothing at Harvey Norman that I want in that sale.

ME3 I will wait until all the bullshit DLC is out in a nice little package. Just to see what sort of madness they attempt to change with it.

LA Noire was like $10 on steam and has been a few times. Unless you want to play it on console cod, you're paying a little too much there.

I would be tempted by FF13-2 but I haven't played an FF since ... Um 10 maybe? I dunno, It's been a long fucking time and even then I barely touch my PS3 anymore. I still have uncharted 3 to finish, Maybe I should do that this weekend. Although I need a hdmi cable, Ok so maybe not.

I'm going to guess i'm the only one who actually dislikes the macbook trackpad and it's shitty clicking? I find that it needs a little too much pressure to actually get a mouse click and double clicking is a bitch, even if you increase or decrease the speed, it still doesn't feel right.

LA Noire was like $10 on steam and has been a few times. Unless you want to play it on console cod, you're paying a little too much there.
Bugger that then. I'll wait for a Steam sale on that one. Going to pick up Gears of War 3, Mass Effect 3 and Arkham City for 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom