• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Tf2QJ.jpg

Can everyone work out the 8 groups of characters here?

Post answers in spoiler tags.

Got them all but the last lot which i assume were bee-related in some sense

FINE some more bargains

F25t1.png

Team Ico Collection for $29
Resistance 3 for $24
Killzone 3 for $17
Uncharted 1&2 for $29
Uncharted 3 for $29
Motorstorm APOCAPLIPS for $12
INFamous 2 for $24
The Shoot! Moove for $12
Apre Escape for $14
Halo Wars for $9
Halo CE AE for $24

All good, the other admin here bought MW3 when it was out of stock and then got an email from Harvey Norman saying they had stock so I expect our local store just doesn't update their online stocktake very often.

$16 at Zavvi
ATTENTION AUSGAFFERS.
im looking to buy gears of war 1 on pc. Game had it for like 8 bucks twice now and I missdd it. if anyone sees one for that cheap again send me all the pm's about it.

Is it just me, or is the relentless daily announcement of new kickstarter schemes reeking of desperation somewhat?

Not really, why? Kickstarter has been around for a fair while. Just that GAF are posting more threads about it since Double Fine ran one.

It is a great option for smallish projects.

Fredescu

Is it just me, or is the relentless daily announcement of new kickstarter schemes reeking of desperation somewhat?
I want to say no, because I like Kickstarter, but, well, yes. They need to get the video games related ones in now while the hype is there and no project has actually had to deliver yet. Once some of them turn out to be turds, there will be less money in it. I'm sure it will still be a viable model after some of them bomb, but I think a lot of people will be less likely to throw money around as much as they have. Hopefully a few high profile projects will be successful to counteract that a bit.

That said, I'd rather see multiple Kickstarter threads a day than photos of PR junkets from major publishers.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea i'm starting to get a little drained over all the kickstarter stuff. I enjoy the idea of it and the fact some people are attempting to make good shit again but it's certainly starting to hit critical mass.

I expect it to explode and fall apart soon enough. If Double Fine doesn't create a good game along with good community involvement, I expect a lot of people will become more cautious of the process.

On the flip side, If DF does an outstanding job in both the game and community involvement then I could seriously see something like kickstarter becoming somewhat of the norm. Maybe it won't be through kickstarter, But another site that's only for videogame development.

Either way. It's an amazing way to get people to pay more for a videogame and shitty material stuff than ever before.

I'm willing to pay $15 for a new Wasteland game. A hell of a lot less to pay than a full retail game anywhere between $50-110 RRP.

Also I threw down $110 on the Double Fine game because I felt it came with $110 worth of content.

I would buy more retail games if they came with a bunch of cool shit like a T-shirt/Poster/Documentary.

Choc

Banned
hey

if a publisher started a kcikstarter to bring back a game everyone wants (FFVII) lets say

reckon it would succeed?

If you're going to start a video game-related Kickstarter with high aspirations and a high chance of failure, now's the time to do it. Especially since this is the first time a lot of people have participated.

When a few of these projects either don't finish or are complete dreck, people will be more wary. People seem to think these are pre-orders where it's much riskier than that. I expect Double Fine and probably inXile to deliver, but not anyone else unless they're high profile.

Less than 50% of projects are even funded, and there are apparently no stats available which show the completion percentage of those funded projects.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
hey

if a publisher started a kcikstarter to bring back a game everyone wants (FFVII) lets say

reckon it would succeed?

Yes because people are idiots.

Look at the "Fans" of bioware and ME3 sending them cupcakes.

"Hey guys, we totally fucking hate your game and the shitty ending but we know you didn't mean to hurt us with it. So here's $1000 of our hard earned money, after we already spent $60 on buying the game and being disappointed, on cupcakes. Just to say we still luv you"

Idiots.

midonnay

I doubt they would be able to raise the 30 million (?) plus budget that it would need....

I reckon it would work with tv shows though.

A greater amount of potential donors me thinks.

jambo

Yes because people are idiots.

Look at the "Fans" of bioware and ME3 sending them cupcakes.

"Hey guys, we totally fucking hate your game and the shitty ending but we know you didn't mean to hurt us with it. So here's $1000 of our hard earned money, after we already spent $60 on buying the game and being disappointed, on cupcakes. Just to say we still luv you"

Idiots.

Wasn't that like a tiny, tiny group of people?

hamchan

Yeah the ME3 cupcake thing is stupid even though the red, blue, green joke is funny. At least the child's play thing is going to charity, this one is just going to the lazy mouths at Bioware. I hope there's laxative hidden in a few cupcakes.

midonnay

Did Wastelander Panda meet its funding goals? TV shows and movies are just as risky as games.

nah, I mean mainstream tv shows that already have a fanbase.

like Carnivale.....and Twin peaks >_<

shows that are about to be cancelled etc.

Alot of people watch tv ...but not necessarily ON TV.

TV ratings is an outdated model.

Yeah the ME3 cupcake thing is stupid even though the red, blue, green joke is funny. At least the child's play thing is going to charity, this one is just going to the lazy mouths at Bioware. I hope there's laxative hidden in a few cupcakes.

That is a real thing? I assume Cookie was being facetious <_>

Also ME3 is a great game with a polarising ending. Some people I talked to liked it and others hated it with a passion.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Wasn't that like a tiny, tiny group of people?

For the cupcakes, Yea I believe it was.

It's impossible to see how many of the, 3 million people who have purchased ME3 so far, Are actually pissed off at the ending.

I wish there was some sort of way of finding out. That would be a better message towards bioware and future projects than some cupcakes and random outbursts of fanboy rage.

hamchan

And Child's Play have distanced themselves from the whole thing.
The right thing to do considering some idiots got confused and thought they were kickstarting a new ending DLC. Also a good move for Penny Arcade's image since continuously shitting on a fanbase that is giving your charity money pretty much always looks bad, no matter the original intention of the cause.

Jintor

For the cupcakes, Yea I believe it was.

It's impossible to see how many of the, 3 million people who have purchased ME3 so far, Are actually pissed off at the ending.

Doing a quick compare and contrast with the general reactions to a lot of other games, I'm comfortable in saying that it's a pretty sizable portion of the community that actually talks about it online.

Choc

Banned
ok the apple apologists are really pissing me off

do they not get that this is based on CONSUMER FUCKING LAW and consumers have every right to be advertised @ properly and with truth

:|

this isnt the US

dear sites listing renting places :( show some damn floor plans

Why do you need floor plans? All you really need is the age of the building and how many bedrooms/other rooms it has. If it is within you budget with the right amount of rooms and in a perfect neighbourhood then it would be important to go have an inspection asap.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I'm thinking of hitting up a physio for my spasmtastic back. I'm guessing that's a better choice than a dr yea? I do feel bad though for the poor individual who has to touch me, that can't be a pleasant experience. It's mostly why I can't go haha.

ATTENTION AUSGAFFERS.
im looking to buy gears of war 1 on pc. Game had it for like 8 bucks twice now and I missdd it. if anyone sees one for that cheap again send me all the pm's about it.

And I.

That isn't $8. That's $20.

Not really, why? Kickstarter has been around for a fair while. Just that GAF are posting more threads about it since Double Fine ran one.

It is a great option for smallish projects.

And indie musos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom