• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

shanshan - melt the chocolate down, then set it in a mold in the shape of a mug. Then take another pic. Got to do it properly, after all.

Bonus points if you can fill the chocolate mug up with extracted creme egg interior.

Deeku

lol choc, go meet him!

That's a decent letter though. My parents used to get letters from Turnbull's wife blabbing on about how tough a life he had during his early years, struggling with his rent for his Rosebay apartment lol. I wish I still kept them, they were hilarious.

jambo

Wx3aj.png
PHOTOSHOP

You know what to do

Choc

Banned
why is tony the only MP that uses MHR instead of MP on his official docs and job title

(MHR is Member of House of Reps)

shanshan - melt the chocolate down, then set it in a mold in the shape of a mug. Then take another pic. Got to do it properly, after all.

Bonus points if you can fill the chocolate mug up with extracted creme egg interior.

Damn that sounds fun. I might try and do that (but not with my creme eggs >.> no one will take them away from me).

PHOTOSHOP

You know what to do

lol. whoops. Probably should have foreseen that.

Deeku

I've actually never had one of those eggs before. I remember seeing ads on tv for them and they looked kinda gross:/

Choc

Banned
wanna know something funny

in the time that APple was in court today, Telstra sent me a marketing email about the Samsung 4G Tablet

lulz

Yagharek

I'm glad no one did anything horrible to that photo like
replacing the creme eggs with something terrible like kookas biscuits

Choc

Banned
guess this is why apples fighting it

Apple potentially faces penalties of $1.1 million per contravention, however the number of contraventions would not be known until the ACCC files a statement of claim next week.

I agree though - as per bands its much fuzzier inside to give direct purchases to the artist rather than through third parties. But music is made by small bands, artworks by solo artists, books by authors and editors. Games require a hell of a lot more people when you get beyond something like cave story or tetris these days.
Absolutely, and that is why developers aren't telling publishers to fuck off and running to Kickstarter. Anything of a biggish budget and with a team of people that may find it hard to get the hypetrain moving will struggle to get the money they need to make a game without also selling their souls to the publisher man.
My favourite thing in the world at the moment is BandCamp because of how it easy it is for bands to give a direct line to their consumers and cuts out a hell of a lot of red tape that has polluted the industry for way too long. I downloaded (illegally) this bands album, I then googled their stuff and found their BandCamp and within 3 minutes had ordered a T-Shirt and physical copy of their album as well as being emailed a high quality digital copy. All because I liked what I heard and was given a nice big BUY NOW button in front of me at a worthwhile price. Unfortunately video games cost a LOT of money, time and manpower to make so the Kickstarter program is the closest a lot of mid-sized developers will get to that system.

So, guess who has 50 creme eggs.

Wx3aj.png
I can guess who won't be going to uni tomorrow because they have a stomach ache ;)

Great game!
I was hoping that would get a positive comment out of you! If you hated DotT I would have recommended a weekend retreat in the wilderness with a generator, a SNES and 20 of the best games of all time. Life is good!

If you want to make omelettes, you have to break a few eggs. In which case break open some creme eggs and fry them up with bacon. Then post results.
Nothing tastes better than runny egg yoke on bacon.

Are we posting pictures of us with our dinner now? I'm too late to post the Lite n Easy chilli con carne I just inhaled, so I'll just post a pic of me chillaxing on the couch under a pink blanket.

0cce1756.jpg

Unfortunately, my hair isn't as silky as Shan's.

Looks like a hairy burnt hand rather than a blankie.
Wall of pictures looks very intriguing though. If I ever turn up at your house expect me to inspect every single one while slightly nodding my head and murmuring to myself.

Rahk

I get that direct developer to customer sales are a good ideal to pursue - hell, it's how gaming used to be. But I dont know how much pre-commitment is a good idea. What's to say that a project might become impossible to finish and all that the fundee has done is get an income for x number of months on the back of a promise.

Those are the risks you take when deciding to fund something. However, I believe you can measure this risk and have a good idea of the likelihood of them meeting their promises by doing things such as looking into the history of the people involved and watching the videos/reading the text on the Kickstarter page.

Also, a lot of Kickstarters are put up after a portion of the work on the project has already been done so you can see the work in progress. This has been the case with a few of the games I've backed, they already have some art/design and brief gameplay videos. It's already been said, but they also often offer other incentives such as T-shirts, posters and so on, so even if they fail to deliver on the game you'll still get something out of it.

Just take a look at the Banner Saga page. Just from reading the text, watching the video and seeing the amount of effort they've put into it so far, you can tell they are really enthusiastic about it and an interesting game is likely to result from it. A Kickstarter page for something like the Phantom console might look very different, and would probably be much less likely to receive funding.

In general, I think the amount of people not delivering on promises after receiving funding is quite low on Kickstarter. I believe it's more likely for them to use the money that all these people with expectations have given them to produce a better product, rather than just lose interest after being funded. Have a little faith in people.

wonzo

Banned
Fucking hell. I post about Binary Domain for PC at GMG for $32 (from $40 which is STILL cheaper than the Steam price) and you guys don't say shit? I have no idea how reptile puts up with all this crap.

Shame on all of you. ESPECIALLY reptile.
thanks for the heads up.

I still look fucking terrifying in photos. I am not photogenic.

Do what I did when I felt the same way: do a 365 day project where you take one self portrait a day and upload it. By the end you might hate the photos, but you won't have a problem being in them.

Deeku

Nice photoshop jint, lol

Cool wall pics vks. You look like your mii!

Sal managed to pull the exact same expression from his other photo. What a pro!

I hate taking photos, it's the wooooooorst!

Danoss

I still look fucking terrifying in photos. I am not photogenic.

Don't worry, you'll feel better about yourself after this.

Here's a cheesy as hell photo of me after having a traditional barbecue.

InW9h.jpg

My mate took the photo and he is even worse at photography than I am, so I set up the shot for him. He missed the focus on the eyes though, which is never good.

Shaneus! New Alex Metric EP is sooooooooooo good (in case you didn't get my tweet yet).

Nobody posted about GAME Aus yet? From the good Kotaku.
The Australian division of GAME has remained relatively quiet during recent months, declining to comment on what impact the UK collapse will have on the local business. But in a recent interview with the Australian Financial Review, local GAME managing director, Paul Yardley, said he would be working closely with PwC and the Australian management team would get to pick who bought the local division.

This quote is also what I was talking about, a lot more stores were shut in our region than just the 2 in Geelong.
In its 2011 annual report, GAME Australia employed around 500 staff in 94 stores. In the previous year, it had closed 25 stores to reduce costs.

I hope this photo isn't too big...
Those be farmers hands.

Rezbit

Only 2 AusGAFfers know what I look like. Unfortunately I don't have creme eggs, I'm not in England, I'm not a cool ethnicity and I don't have a pimpin' eyebrow ring.

So I shall remain anon.

Yagharek

What is it with old codgers in WA and thinly veiled racism? Someone then just accosted me about laundromat lights not working and "how Ceduna is nice and so are the aborigines but don't talk to them just leave them alone".

Its like living on the set of today tonight sponsored caravan parks.

Inbred grey nomads can gagf.

Rahk

I got 50 creme eggs last year. I don't think I'll ever eat another one again.

Shan, check the expiry date. Probably best to put them in the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom