• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I need some kind of electric buzzer that will shock me whenever I make poor decisions so I can get a pavlovian reaction and actually go to goddamn sleep on time

goodnight ausgaf

Salazar

Sal managed to pull the exact same expression from his other photo. What a pro!

Concentrating face. Everything goes slack. Gimme a break.

You look a little bit out of it. Where's the delicious hot breakfast you were talking about ;.;

In here. Will take photos tomorrow morning.

PpPCV.jpg

I know. She said I could take her to my favorite places but she doesn't seem to be into heavy metal at all and a plain old pub is too boring. I wouldn't actually mind trying new places out anyway, we could both go in fresh at least.

Thanks folks!

Take her to Cherry or Pony anyway and drink until you vomit on her shoes.

Clipper

SydGAF Board Gamers, we might be down to 3 due to Rahk's cousin's birthday party (or some other previously unknown engagement) and Danoss' fever (get well soon, mate), but that'll still work, right? Anyway, just thought the reminder would be useful once more. Sunday, April 1 10am AEST (Daylight Savings switches off that day). Other Sydneysiders interested in joining in are still welcome, just PM me.

I'm kicking myself for skipping that cream egg deal. Goddamnit I want a cheap box.
And you actually missed it twice!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I must confess that I've never properly watched Battlestar Galactica.

And now I am.

And it's kinda cheesy. Fun, but cheesy, and sometimes a bit silly.

Heard the ending as poop. Not sure I'll make it that far.

And you actually missed it twice!

What?! NOOO!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I can't figure out if I should waste someone's time by going to the physio for my back or just suck it up and ride it out. Maybe try small things here and there and take a few days off to give it some sort of rest. I also don't think joining a gym straight off the back to try and strengthen it would be a great idea, I'm bound to tear something.

I hate potentially wasting someone's time on pointless shit. I can't figure out if it's another doctors appointment + some sort of tablet to help with the on and off pain or to do something else about it.

Work's not too bad either. I was thinking of taking off a few days over easter but it is school holidays, So i'm guessing the boss will be in and out or something. Bleh. I will get time off one of these days.

I hate potentially wasting someone's time on pointless shit. I can't figure out if it's another doctors appointment + some sort of tablet to help with the on and off pain or to do something else about it..
Screw that. Go see a doctor if you don't feel right. That's what they and Medicare are for. If you don't want to, you could try Voltaren tablets (that's what my wife takes when she has back pain), though they may be prescription-only...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the most tiny of spoilers regarding A Storm of Swords, it barely even counts, but it was a nice surprise:

Jaime is a perspective-character now? Fuck yes.

Yagharek

Watch Stargate SG1 instead. Gets closure after series 8, and then following on from that runs a short arc (2 series + 1 film) that ends it.

Or SG Universe for a short but poignant adventure of survival rather than technological parasitism.

the most tiny of spoilers regarding A Storm of Swords, it barely even counts, but it was a nice surprise:

<removed spoiler>

Yes. I liked that. Very much so.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Screw that. Go see a doctor if you don't feel right. That's what they and Medicare are for. If you don't want to, you could try Voltaren tablets (that's what my wife takes when she has back pain), though they may be prescription-only...

I've had random back pain for years though. As long as I can remember and i've been to the doctors a few times. Usually just told it's muscle strain etc and to take these for pain.

This right now though is just my right lower side freezing up on me if i'm sleeping and attempt to turn / roll towards the right. Then I just slowly have to move back to the left and i'm all good again.

Even walking is causing some small amount of pain. Running is certainly not a good idea as I found that out last week, The pain just shoots straight into my back.

It's why I'm wondering if a physio is a better choice than a doctor. Instead of pills, I assume they will tell me to rest and maybe throw out some form of exercise to get the back into a better shape. Then from there I can continue it with general exercises or hit up the gym and attempt to get in shape along with strengthening my back.

So I don't know if it classifies as;
Take a week off and do nothing, although sitting infront of the PC reading steam chat probably isn't a great way to sort out my back. Maybe do some random exercises I find on the internets and move around a little bit.

Take a week off and hit up the poor bastards who have to touch me at the physio on my first day off, so if they say you should take a week off and do the following, Then I can do that.

See the doc once again for more random pills that are essentially designed to stop me from feeling the pain and causing it to spasm but not actually treating the cause of the problem. Which would probably range from weakness in my back caused by poor posture and having to constantly lift shit every day.

Maybe just get constant massages. Mmmm a massage.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It made it about 3/4 through season 2. Then I just couldn't do it. Will go back to it at some point.

Board game is way better!

I'm four episodes in (plus the mini-series) and I don't know how much more I can take.

Is there any truly good sci fi that isn't reserved to literature?

Yeah, a physio is probably a good idea, or a remedial massage (a McMassage is not likely a good idea).

Some light exercise and stretching will help if you do it properly and the reason for the pain is tightened muscles or those muscles aren't otherwise being exercised.

I say see a doctor and ask them about a physio (unless you already have a physio?) referral. Don't take rec leave to recover from sickness if you have sick leave.

Oh and for the love of God don't see a chiro.

Is there any truly good sci fi that isn't reserved to literature?
TV? I can't think of any. Firefly is good fun though.

It totally counts. What is lacking in aliens is surely made up in robots.

Oh and for the love of God don't see a chiro.

Agreed. Those places are just money machines for the most part. The place I used to go to had 1 chiropractor and 4 - 5 patients at one time, and he'd just rotate between them. Plus its only bones, which might not be the root of the problem. If anything, an Osteopath is alright. I'd rather see them of the Chiro.

Choc

Banned
I've had random back pain for years though. As long as I can remember and i've been to the doctors a few times. Usually just told it's muscle strain etc and to take these for pain.

This right now though is just my right lower side freezing up on me if i'm sleeping and attempt to turn / roll towards the right. Then I just slowly have to move back to the left and i'm all good again.

Even walking is causing some small amount of pain. Running is certainly not a good idea as I found that out last week, The pain just shoots straight into my back.

It's why I'm wondering if a physio is a better choice than a doctor. Instead of pills, I assume they will tell me to rest and maybe throw out some form of exercise to get the back into a better shape. Then from there I can continue it with general exercises or hit up the gym and attempt to get in shape along with strengthening my back.

So I don't know if it classifies as;
Take a week off and do nothing, although sitting infront of the PC reading steam chat probably isn't a great way to sort out my back. Maybe do some random exercises I find on the internets and move around a little bit.

Take a week off and hit up the poor bastards who have to touch me at the physio on my first day off, so if they say you should take a week off and do the following, Then I can do that.

See the doc once again for more random pills that are essentially designed to stop me from feeling the pain and causing it to spasm but not actually treating the cause of the problem. Which would probably range from weakness in my back caused by poor posture and having to constantly lift shit every day.

if this has come on suddenly cookie it could be a sign of kidney infection and you NEED TO GET THAT FIXED ASAP.

dr. stat.

they just take a urine test analyse it for bacteria and then give you tabs if you do have it.

But you don't want to take a chance with that.

also if you dont have it you can get a referral from the doc for a decent chiropractor

Yagharek

Holy shit, did anyone see the devil may cry HD collection OT? Talk about over the top OPs.

Just got locked too. Capcpcom marketing won't be happy.

jambo

I must confess that I've never properly watched Battlestar Galactica.

And now I am.

And it's kinda cheesy. Fun, but cheesy, and sometimes a bit silly.

Heard the ending as poop. Not sure I'll make it that far.

I felt exactly the same way.

A few mates and my gf love the damn show and keep telling me to watch it. I finally got around to watching the first few episodes and it felt so damn cheesy. Some of the acting was down right terrible, almost soap opera levels of horribleness.

Never went passed those first few eps.

6AHpc.jpg

EatChildren

Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop are awesome. Haven't tried Firefly, but I will.

I guess what I'm really looking for is a talky, grounded sci-fi that deals with wider morally grey philosophical concepts. Literature does it well. TV...not so much. Battlestar Galactica has the right premise and a lot of right ideas, but I find too much of the writing unappealing and super cheesy.

I felt exactly the same way.

A few mates and my gf love the damn show and keep telling me to watch it. I finally got around to watching the first few episodes and it felt so damn cheesy. Some of the acting was down right terrible, almost soap opera levels of horribleness.

Never went passed those first few eps.

Yeah, exactly. Like, episode four for example (the one I just watched). The only thing I could think of was
how this early in they were already re-using the "warhead/explosive drops from shelf and explodes", a hook that was used in the mini-series
. Like, seriously? That's so goddamn lazy. And the way it was handled was lame.

I don't think Battlestar Galactica is for me.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Stick with it ec, its an investment and worth your time. S2 and s3 start to get fair complex

Woke up this morning feeling like poop, my throat feels like a chicken has been let loose in it scratching it all night. Heading into work now. Got so much to do since I had last week off I can't stay home sick. And next week I'm out of the office all week agh.

jambo

NBN has already rolled out in my gf's area, they've been able to get 100 MB stuff for months now.

Damn her!

EDIT: Adelaide CBD rollout is Dec 2013 =\

Look at the map. The green ones are new. In other news: goddamnit!

Ah yeah just read the press release. They aren't even doing anything in Geelong let alone Warrnambool! They are getting the wireless running within 12 months in a couple of shithole country towns north of here though. I am sure the 50 people living there will be pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom