• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't we know what most Aus-gaffers look like from real-pic January?

eSGWb.png

daaaaaamn this is amazing. I might use it for my next avatar.

In lieu of such, a picture of me digesting breakfast and still waking up.

You look a little bit out of it. Where's the delicious hot breakfast you were talking about ;.;

Besides, if you take enough portraits, you'll end up not looking terrible in at least a few.

Unless you never smile or change your pose.

Yeah, that's kind of the attitude I take too. I blink a lot, so I end up with half open eyes in the majority of photographs I'm in. Need to take a few to get it right =/

Shanshan, how tiny are you?

D: How huge are those hands?!?!?

8QOOV.png

I got 50 creme eggs last year. I don't think I'll ever eat another one again.

Shan, check the expiry date. Probably best to put them in the freezer.

hahaha. I might do that anyway. Brisbane weather is not good for chocolate, summer or not. Did you get yours on catch of the day too?

Jintor

Shouldn't we know what most Aus-gaffers look like from real-pic January?

Unfortunately, we have the short-term memory of... uh... mammals... small ones... lives in burrows...

I hate how 'read' and 'read' (phonetically as in red) are spelt the same. ENGLISH, YOU SUCK, ONE IS PAST TENSE.

Deeku

So I was just not on the phone with somebody that is not related to me, who is not working on some sort of legal matter for some big "fruit" company.

Fascinating behind the scenes stuff!

Choc

Banned
i honestly never thought that we would get to 1984 stages in Australia but we are pretty fucking close with this

they want to take DNA from EVERY CHILD BORN IN NSW to keep in case that kid commits a crime

:|

Yagharek

i honestly never thought that we would get to 1984 stages in Australia but we are pretty fucking close with this

they want to take DNA from EVERY CHILD BORN IN NSW to keep in case that kid commits a crime

:|

So much for presumption of innocence. Everyone is a suspect. Any child who may have stolen from the cookie jar gets a visit from nsw police and a taser shock.

Rahk

hahaha. I might do that anyway. Brisbane weather is not good for chocolate, summer or not. Did you get yours on catch of the day too?
Yeah, got them from catch of the day. From memory, mine had an expiry date 1 or 2 months after they arrived. I guess that explains why they were cheap. They were still fine several months later in the freezer though. I didn't even eat most of them, because turns out I don't really like them. That was my first time eating them.

Also, they come in two different sizes, which might explain Omi's gigantic hands.

Choc

Banned
I guess it makes it easier when catching criminals. What if someone breaks in and their dna isn't in the system?

shan, its the kind of thing you see in a dictatorship

its like the 'Australia Card' that gets floated every so often and some smaller european nations have

Choc

Banned
Wait, what's wrong with a national id card?

why the fuck should i be forced to carry a card around that has my entire identity on it (name, dob, medicare number etc etc etc) in this age of identity theft

no thanks

and yes people will say you hvae a licence and medicare card, just something about the national card irks aussies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_Card

"The idea for the card was raised at the national Tax Summit in 1985 convened by the then Federal Labor government led by Bob Hawke. The card was to amalgamate other government identification systems and act against tax avoidance and health and welfare rorts. "

this is already achieved via ATO Cross checking, and bank checking. All gvt agencies and banks talk to each other these days. Its not needed.

Following the shelving of the Australia Card, the Federal Government introduced a new identification system known as a Tax File Number.

http://austlii.edu.au/itlaw/articles/GGOzcard1-Lessons.html

Deeku

Oh ok, eh I guess. I don't know, I have a hong kong background so I guess I'm used to the idea of an id card situation. Having all that stuff on one card seems kinda handy though.

Choc

Banned
its the only bill in history i believe that forced a double dissolution, where the Government was returned and the Senate still blocked it.

For anyone that cares, under the constitution the parliament is then joined (HOR and Senate) for a single vote

Omikron

lol, love the glitchy bugs in ME. Went to leave a mission by holding the correct button down and as the cut scene for leaving the planet occurred, I died. Bizarre.

Darklord

Banned
I met a girl and she wants me to show her around Melbourne on a Saturday night but I have no idea where to go. The places I go to are like live gigs and pubs where friends hang out or somewhere more local to where I am. She's into high fashion and trendy bars with good food and drink. You know what isn't stylish and trendy? A heavy metal gig! So I need ideas on where to go.

Choc

Banned
I met a girl and she wants me to show her around Melbourne on a Saturday night but I have no idea where to go. The places I go to are like live gigs and pubs where friends hang out or somewhere more local to where I am. She's into high fashion and trendy bars with good food and drink. You know what isn't stylish and trendy? A heavy metal gig! So I need ideas on where to go.

speaking as an outsider (so the Melb people might go uh, no)

Chapel St

Omikron

Penny Blue bar in the cbd is kinda nice and relaxed, looks nice and great selection of beer! :p

Edit: I missed the food thing, not sure if they do food.

She's into high fashion and trendy bars with good food and drink. You know what isn't stylish and trendy? A heavy metal gig! So I need ideas on where to go.
Usually it is the other way around, the outsider is brought into an atmosphere not someone who has no idea about that stuff taking someone who loves that stuff into the situation.

Facebook may also have help.

I would just go get drunk where ever :)

Deeku

The last time I was in Melbourne, I ate at that masterchef guy's restaurant, the press club. Surprisingly, it was really good! That would probably cover the stylish/trendy and good food part.

Shaneus

Late but whatever: Shan, freeze some eggs. Give them a LONG time in there to make sure they're frozen. Like, a few days. Then, eat them like the unhealthiest apple you've ever eaten. So amazing.

same >_>

bad childhood experience with custard pies :p
NO CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCE IS BAD ENOUGH TO AVOID CUSTARD PIES.

You take that back you soulless bastard.

Boken

Banned

Sounds like all of Melbourne!

EVERY BODY LOOK!
F25t1.png

ITS A BARGAIN!

BINARY DOMAIN ON PERSONAL COMPUTER
Special low low price of $31.99! That is only thirty nine, ninety nine!

binary-domain1-580x3687jij.png

Parting with your money gives you a sexy looking Steam key for your favourite digital delivery content system AND means that all your friends can see you playing the rising hit of the year!

binary_domain_pt_01_thumb.jpg

Save your home village from robots from the future out of control! Won't someone please think of the childrenbabies?!

babieso9k78.jpg

Share tender moments with comrades. With big guns that don't even hurt your arms because you do like a thousand crunches a day!

binary-domain-2011060t5jb4.jpg

You like robots? You like explosions? You like diversity in the work place? Don't worry! No rangas here!

binary-domain-xbox-3nlkn8.jpeg

Look! WeI a simple video game fan person will even show you an EXACT screenshot of what you will be playing without ANY fan-dangling in that Photoshop program people talk about but I have no idea about! And this is a QUIET moment!

binary-domain_78767_byqjlj.jpg

Did I mention PRE-ORDER BONUS STUFF!!! *YAY!* Buy before the weekend is out and you get all this! FORE FREE!! Save dozens of dollars and time spent pondering if you should buy the DLC as you get it for FREEEEEEEEEEEE! WeThey are practically giving this game away!

r_x6y2bh_original4pjp3.jpg

Act NOW! The critics are raving about this masterpiece! And with good reason!

ravereviewsvsj7e.png

Machinima said:
"If you enjoy action games with quirk and charm, I can't recommend Binary Domain enough. It has all the hallmarks of an unpolished gem - except it's actually polished."
GamingXP said:
"This is an amazing shooter with a great and enthralling story and" "graphics."
Zaphrozz said:
The fact that this game takes all the good things from other great third-person-shooters and combines it makes this game an awesome action game for every fan of the genre.
Steve Perry said:
It is every gamers wet dream! If you like Mario or Halo or Call of Duty or Battlefield or Madden or Skyrim or Forza you will this! Don't stop believing! In this game!

To sum up this piece of entertainment product I went straight to the source.
op4tL.gif

This child lost his mind the moment Binary Domain started up. It was a moment of pure joy.

I think you deserve to experience joy as well.

Shaneus

EVERY BODY LOOK!
F25t1.png

ITS A BARGAIN!

BINARY DOMAIN ON PERSONAL COMPUTER
Special low low price of $31.99! That is only thirty nine, ninety nine!

binary-domain1-580x3687jij.png

Parting with your money gives you a sexy looking Steam key for your favourite digital delivery content system AND means that all your friends can see you playing the rising hit of the year!

binary_domain_pt_01_thumb.jpg

Save your home village from robots from the future out of control! Won't someone please think of the childrenbabies?!

babieso9k78.jpg

Share tender moments with comrades. With big guns that don't even hurt your arms because you do like a thousand crunches a day!

binary-domain-2011060t5jb4.jpg

You like robots? You like explosions? You like diversity in the work place? Don't worry! No rangas here!

binary-domain-xbox-3nlkn8.jpeg

Look! WeI a simple video game fan person will even show you an EXACT screenshot of what you will be playing without ANY fan-dangling in that Photoshop program people talk about but I have no idea about! And this is a QUIET moment!

binary-domain_78767_byqjlj.jpg

Did I mention PRE-ORDER BONUS STUFF!!! *YAY!* Buy before the weekend is out and you get all this! FORE FREE!! Save dozens of dollars and time spent pondering if you should buy the DLC as you get it for FREEEEEEEEEEEE! WeThey are practically giving this game away!

r_x6y2bh_original4pjp3.jpg

Act NOW! The critics are raving about this masterpiece! And with good reason!

ravereviewsvsj7e.png

To sum up this piece of entertainment product I went straight to the source.
op4tL.gif

This child lost his mind the moment Binary Domain started up. It was a moment of pure joy.

I think you deserve to experience joy as well.
It warms my cock
les
to know that if I hadn't announced the deal earlier, reptile wouldn't have tried to outdo me with such an obvious, showy post. Revendicated.

hamchan

Hell yes buy Binary Domain! Then buy Yakuza 1 to 4 + Dead Souls. Then buy F-Zero GX because that game is fucking amazing. Then bow down and admit Nagoshi is your god.

I hope that Binary Domain post is in the steam thread and other related threads Reptile.

Darklord

Banned
Usually it is the other way around, the outsider is brought into an atmosphere not someone who has no idea about that stuff taking someone who loves that stuff into the situation.

Facebook may also have help.

I would just go get drunk where ever :)

I know. She said I could take her to my favorite places but she doesn't seem to be into heavy metal at all and a plain old pub is too boring. I wouldn't actually mind trying new places out anyway, we could both go in fresh at least.

speaking as an outsider (so the Melb people might go uh, no)

Chapel St

Penny Blue bar in the cbd is kinda nice and relaxed, looks nice and great selection of beer! :p

Edit: I missed the food thing, not sure if they do food.

The last time I was in Melbourne, I ate at that masterchef guy's restaurant, the press club. Surprisingly, it was really good! That would probably cover the stylish/trendy and good food part.

Gin Palace, 1802, Der Raum, Chi Lounge, Red Hummingbird. That ought to do to start.

Oh, food, Mo Vida, Mo Vida Next Door, Hu Tong, that place with shipping containers I forget the name of.

Thanks folks!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm kicking myself for skipping that cream egg deal. Goddamnit I want a cheap box.

Jintor

I am so busy I don't have time to think about trifling things like my brain melting into itself for reasons!

international law exam yaaaaaaay

Deeku

Ya, I'm super busy too, still working on stuff for work:(

This sounds kinda sad, but coming in here to browse occasionally really lifts my spirits! Or, it just impedes my work progress lol.

hamchan

There comes a point in a Uni semester called Shit Town, where you have all the assessments and quizzes bunched up in a short amount of time. I have just finished the first Shit Town of the semester where I had 2 assignments and 2 quizzes to do this week, and now I have massive headache and neck pains. Now that it's over I'm going to just play video games non-stop for the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom