• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Conroy said something to the effect of around 79 Labor electorates, 71 coalition and 6 crossbench scheduled for the next 3 years, make of it what you will. But tbh choc, Tony doesn't want broadband, Tony doesn't know what he wants.

Choc

Banned
yeah but when the only chunk of sydney not starting in the next 3 years is blue ribbon liberal north shore

seriously! :)

Choc

Banned
Tonys electorate is the northern beaches not the north shore

the north shore is blue ribbon liberal

Hockey is one of the seats.

You will never seen imo a non liberal seat on the north shore in our life times

its why i wonder why i vote

Fredescu

Tonys electorate is the northern beaches not the north shore

the north shore is blue ribbon liberal

Hockey is one of the seats.
I misread the map, but Tony has one rollout point and Hockey has two. Turnbull has two as well. Castle Hill is a safe as houses Liberal seat too.

Fredescu

Hardly anyone gets anything before three years, but it looks like just about all of Canberra gets work starting after three years.

Choc

Banned
I misread the map, but Tony has one rollout point and Hockey has two. Turnbull has two as well. Castle Hill is a safe as houses Liberal seat too.

fred surely you know Turnbull is eastern suburbs! :p

the north shore electorates combined i believe is the most dominated Liberal area in all of australia in terms of votes and how much its held by (which does not surprise me)

It looks like I will have to purchase this
51Vosmwu9dL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
There was more than one episode?

... oh wait, it was picked up after like two years for three episodes!

Choc

Banned
no

but my point was north shore

you are pulling strawmans :)

I wasn't saying there is a clear agenda nationwide to do coalition seats last, but in terms of North Shore its pretty interesting that the entire area is the last to go in Sydney.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
$1500 on a laptop? Bleh no idea. You would be better off spending it on a new proper desktop machine.

Unless you intend to use it for work then there's no point in spending so much.

Fred is the laptop man, To me most of them are just garbage and not really worth your time if you want to do any gaming on it.

Fredescu

I wasn't saying there is a clear agenda nationwide to do coalition seats last

i guess when you are blue ribbon liberal electorates, thats what you get

Just pointing out the number of blue ribbon Liberal electorates that are getting the NBN :p

Don't worry, your point about the North Shore never voting for their own interests isn't lost on me. I always have a good laugh when someone complains about that.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
$1500 on a laptop? Bleh no idea. You would be better off spending it on a new proper desktop machine.

Unless you intend to use it for work then there's no point in spending so much.

Fred is the laptop man, To me most of them are just garbage and not really worth your time if you want to do any gaming on it.

I have always had laptops as i grew up going between parents houses. so i'm too used to them now. plus i dont have a desk.. i like to sit on the couch lol

Fredescu

choc is attempting to find a conspiracy in the nbn rollout?
Not really. Basically the people that live in the richest area in the country constantly complain that they get no government assistance because they always vote the same way no matter what. Choc is just attaching the NBN to that.

senahorse

Just to chime in, my area is scheduled for work to commence within the next 12 months :D. In fact I would guess it will be very soon, as work is going on about a half a kilometre from where I am.

Which seems a little unfair to people with issues getting broadband, as I have both adsl2+ and cable available here, but hey, I am not complaining.

Omikron

My place is on the fuzzy boundary of an area to get it in the next year, not hopeful though as the exchange I am on is different to the one that is covered by the area. :(

HolyCheck

NzBJh.png

is the graphics card better enough to warrant it? I dont get graphics card naming conventions.. they seem to go down or up or i dont know

senahorse

I have always had laptops as i grew up going between parents houses. so i'm too used to them now. plus i dont have a desk.. i like to sit on the couch lol

Buy a desk, plenty of cheap ones around. There is nothing to say you can't sit on your couch and use your PC (connected to your TV).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
You could build a good gaming rig + a htpc setup for $1500 without any major issues I would have thought. That probably doesn't include the $100 desk from ikea. You also have the HP tablet which is probably a better option for being lazy on the couch watching and surfing the net.

And does your TV even do HD? I thought it was something shotty from JB that barely did 720p?

ManeKast

NzBJh.png

is the graphics card better enough to warrant it? I dont get graphics card naming conventions.. they seem to go down or up or i dont know

Go this one if you wanna do any gaming on it.
http://www.logicalblueone.com.au/store/519-horize-p151em1b-clevo-notebook.html
Pretty sweet and within your budget.
http://www.logicalblueone.com.au/store/508-g53sx-dh71.html
This if you can spend a little more. GTX 560M 2gb is a pretty decent video card, will play most modern games well.

HolyCheck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom