• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
One was closed and the other says Wii remotes stet part of sale. The only stores that have psp3000s are in like fountain gate and stuff. Nowhere near me. cry.

Oh yea, Fgate is near me but i have won't be able to get there at all until the weekend. But then that's easter weekend so that's out.

Plus the sale is online. So you could get lucky.

Danoss

I've always liked David Mitchell after first seeing him on QI. His shows with Robert Webb are hilarious and now there is even more free entertainment from him available to all on YouTube (and the ABC it seems).

David Mitchell's Soapbox has been cracking me right up this evening. His rants are unbeatable, you should totally watch!

midonnay

What if its falling, ON YOUR CHILD!?

can't feel my left hand anyways....thank you kid icarus :/

game is absolutely gorgeous though....and the music ......and the voice acting :O

land battles are abit wonky though.... hopefully will get better with practice >_>

Danoss

I love David Mitchell's soapbox. His thing on sustainability/carbon tax was good: http://youtu.be/syii9DKnb2M

Brilliant!

I just started on Series 1, so I wasn't up to that just yet, It certainly was a lot more serious than the one's I've been watching, or what I usually expect from him. Well delivered though, as usual from Mitchell.

I particularly liked in one of his videos where he describes his job as 'making stuff up, and pretending'. Many actors need to take a leaf out his book and stop taking themselves so seriously.

pilonv1

Will probably just try that then, most of the stores in my area are out of stuff I want. Would love to get my hands on a G19 and a new mouse.

Shaneus

oh. Well in that case stick with psp or the xbla one if you already have it. No need to get a new system just for one or two games.
Yeah, although of the few games franchises I can continually play, at least two are Vita exclusive (for now) in Wipeout 2048 and Lumines.

Here's a weird thing. Getting a bizarre amount of thumbs up for my comment on the Conan/Ron Burgundy YT vid. Interesting maybe?

Yagharek

Do you have a psp already? Got wipeout pulse? That's awesome. If you don't have a psp though, get a vita when the price drops would be my advice. Or when a couple more games you like are out.

Vita has Uncharted, Wipeout, Lumines, Gravity Daze & Escape Plan. If I can grab a Vita for around $200-220 I will bite. Those couple of games would be well worth it since the price of games is coming down around $30 so fast.

Will probably just try that then, most of the stores in my area are out of stuff I want. Would love to get my hands on a G19 and a new mouse.

Same here, the G19 deal is amazing. Will probably run out from work just before 9am to raid the local store of any $1 items. Doubt I will be able to get through to the online store so I won't even bother with the shitty internet at work.

Shaneus

Is this old? It probably is. I shouldn't even post it because we're not friends but some of you might find it funny.
Celebrities that look like mattresses

Do you have a psp already? Got wipeout pulse? That's awesome. If you don't have a psp though, get a vita when the price drops would be my advice. Or when a couple more games you like are out.
Yeah, got a 1000. And Pulse was one of the first games I bought for it. Or was it Fusion? Eh, anyway. I'd love to pull it out again but there's no real justification when my phone is half the physical size and mass and already has games I'm deeply involved in (even if none are as good as Pulse or Lumines). Definitely considering holding off for a Vita though, because there's a good chance the console itself should bomba soon if the games themselves are.

Yagharek

Purely hypothetically, I'm not going to get away with an avatar of atrax robustus am I? My reading of gaf ToS suggests it wouldn't be welcomed. I was thinking of it in an action pose.

Yagharek

Is this old? It probably is. I shouldn't even post it because we're not friends but some of you might find it funny.
Celebrities that look like mattresses

Yeah, got a 1000. And Pulse was one of the first games I bought for it. Or was it Fusion? Eh, anyway. I'd love to pull it out again but there's no real justification when my phone is half the physical size and mass and already has games I'm deeply involved in (even if none are as good as Pulse or Lumines). Definitely considering holding off for a Vita though, because there's a good chance the console itself should bomba soon if the games themselves are.

Choc mentioned something about mattresses once...

As for vita, if you're not sure, wait. Or look at importing it instead, which would be considerably cheaper I assume.

Danoss

Purely hypothetically, I'm not going to get away with an avatar of atrax robustus am I? My reading of gaf ToS suggests it wouldn't be welcomed. I was thinking of it in an action pose.

Is this a joke? I'd be cool with it.

I'm a fan of it's relatives, but it's one of very few I want nothing to do with in person.

Shaneus

Choc mentioned something about mattresses once...

As for vita, if you're not sure, wait. Or look at importing it instead, which would be considerably cheaper I assume.
Oh yeah. I was really only ever somewhat semi-seriously considering it pre-launch, but there was never any commitment behind it AND it was only for one to two games anyway. No matter what the game is, you'd be stupid to buy a console that's only just been released for it.

Dead Man

LOL at the Libs saying middles class welfare is on the line, like they will ensure the middle class gets its handout. I remember when it was bad to be offering welfare to middle classes, and good to offer it to the lower classes. Ridiculous.

Yagharek

That's awesome.

My very favourite is the Sparassidae family. Many people don't like them because they're a bit big, but they're quiet and awesome toilers.

Lycosidae too. Harmless and highly strung. Poor things :(

I saw a nest last night of unknown classification. Just a common sort I assume. But there were hundreds of hatchlings being guarded by an adult. No bigger than 1mm across I reckon. You could barely make out individuals moving, but the whole mass had some weird shimmer to it.

I want a vita so bad. I'm a moron for buying a 3ds :( There better be a Castlevania coming out soon.

Also, maybe I should just wait for the vita redesign...

OH GOD TACTICS OGRE PSP $16 ON PSN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Triple dipping so I can finally play it on vita :D

tactics-ogre-let-us-cling-together-screenshots.jpg

One of the best games of all time without a doubt.

I will avoid going viral though :/

Danoss

Lycosidae too. Harmless and highly strung. Poor things :(

I saw a nest last night of unknown classification. Just a common sort I assume. But there were hundreds of hatchlings being guarded by an adult. No bigger than 1mm across I reckon. You could barely make out individuals moving, but the whole mass had some weird shimmer to it.

Yes, they are great. Unfortunately, I haven't really encountered any, as much as I would like to.

That mother would be mighty pissed, no matter how tame she may normally be. I just saw this video of a common member of the Sparassidae family that I see around so very often. She was very agitated, for obvious reasons. Poor fool wouldn't leave her alone. Good video to show people the signs to stay away from this usually gentle species.

The one I would absolutely love to see (and photograph) is anything from the Salticidae family. I think they're lovely and amazing. I haven't found a single one anywhere, which disappoints me. They're not terribly big though, but very clever and their eyesight is incredible. Check out this video to see how awesome their sight really is.

Yagharek

Thanks for the videos, I'll look at them when I'm not mobile phone browsing.

Another encounter I had at work: 4 large Nephila and a half dozen smaller ones in a cluster. I had to relocate them though since they chose a poor site.

Danoss

Thanks for the videos, I'll look at them when I'm not mobile phone browsing.

Another encounter I had at work: 4 large Nephila and a half dozen smaller ones in a cluster. I had to relocate them though since they chose a poor site.

Nephila are gorgeous! I used to have a few make homes around my place, then they went away. I was very sad.

I do like the fact that (at least the ones I've seen) in Australia, they have more round and bulbous abdomens. They look incredible.

Have you every watch them construct? It is truly a marvel to see, it's really amazing. I wish I could see it from the flight stage, but the chances of that are very slim.

Nickovic

Those of you planning on laybying anything for the Dick Smith sale may have to think twice. They stopped doing layby a few months ago.

Yagharek

Nephila are gorgeous! I used to have a few make homes around my place, then they went away. I was very sad.

I do like the fact that (at least the ones I've seen) in Australia, they have more round and bulbous abdomens. They look incredible.

Have you every watch them construct? It is truly a marvel to see, it's really amazing. I wish I could see it from the flight stage, but the chances of that are very slim.

The ones in WA are elongated, maybe 2 inches long and a quarter inch across. Haven't seen them building, they seem to be very quick about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom