• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 6 - Ricki Lee is awful. Everything else about Australia is AMAZING [Free hugs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
My friend reckons it's a fake because the creases on the pages don't match up.

somethingsomethingi'veseenafewshopsinmytime.jpg

Who would go through 3 pages of Dick Smiths stock and replace all the prices though?

jambo

I must own this shirt

http://www.snorgtees.com/abstinence-99-99-effective

aemkd.jpg

Jimrpg

they really need to delete those dick smith lists from places like ozbargains

i dont mind them on ecogamer cause its for gamers (mostly)

but its going to be tough getting a bargain now that its on ozbargains :(

VOOK

they really need to delete those dick smith lists from places like ozbargains

i dont mind them on ecogamer cause its for gamers (mostly)

but its going to be tough getting a bargain now that its on ozbargains :(

They're bloody scalpers on Ozbargain, really they only get cheap shit to sell it back and trade it in.

I've got my plan anyway ;)

I'd be happy just to be able to replace my stolen xbox 360.

However i was lucky on the last DSE thing and managed to get 9 months of xbox live and 3 copies of Carnival games for $10.01 before they pulled the whole thing down.

Jimrpg

They're bloody scalpers on Ozbargain, really they only get cheap shit to sell it back and trade it in.

I've got my plan anyway ;)

plenty of scalpers on ecogamer mind you...

i really want to get a couple of PSPs and DSs... i need enough hardware to last till my death 100 years from now...

and i definitely want to get an extra DS for my fiance's sister.... when the DS first came out, her dad bought her one... she must have been about 10 at the time... she played it so much on her first day, her dad threw it out :( I KNOW talk about tragic!!!

vanty

Would stores have games in the back that they don't have on the shelf? Just checked my local store and the only non-casual DS game they had was DQ9 (which I'll get, hid it as best I could ahah) yet the stock check on the site has a ton of stuff that wasn't on the shelves.

Wish they were clearing DSi XLs as well, I'd totally get one for $50 or whatever but they must sell enough to keep them and not the normal DSi. XL is $249 as well, 3DS on sale for $199 :/

VOOK

Go and layby and cancel on Monday?

I did not think of this...

plenty of scalpers on ecogamer mind you...

i really want to get a couple of PSPs and DSs... i need enough hardware to last till my death 100 years from now...

and i definitely want to get an extra DS for my fiance's sister.... when the DS first came out, her dad bought her one... she must have been about 10 at the time... she played it so much on her first day, her dad threw it out :( I KNOW talk about tragic!!!

True that.

I want some DSi's to give away on Vooks is possible.

Deeku

All the lurkers have started posting! lol

I might grab a cheap psp since the umd drives in my current ones don't sound too healthy.

Jintor

In case I didn't get your attention Boardgamegaf I might leave early to go visit the game jam so I'll probably only be around for a game or so

vanty

I'm not a lurker, first time I've even looked at this thread in months ahah.

I just want some Pokemon Gold memories for $10.

Danoss

Nathan Hindmarsh announces retirement. Link leads directly to his video. If only they lifted the prompt cards or whatever a bit higher, so it looked less like he was reading.

Eels Media said:
Arguably the greatest player to have pulled on a Blue and Gold jersey, Pirtek Parramatta Eels captain Nathan Hindmarsh has this afternoon announced he will retire at the conclusion of the 2012 season.

Hindmarsh, 32, released a video recording tonight with all the laid-back and self-deprecating character that Rugby League fans have come to know and love throughout his magnificent 15-year career.

In his video, available on the Eels website – parraeels.com.au – and in transcript below, Hindmarsh said he had always intended to make an announcement early this year after having made the decision to retire in late 2011.

Eels Coach Stephen Kearney has been aware of his decision for some time, with the Eels coach and management giving Nathan the latitude to announce his decision at his leisure.

“15 years at this legendary club. It’s hard to believe,” Hindmarsh said in his video.

“I made the decision late last year and informed the coach and people close to me that 2012 was going to be my last season.

“I know there has been a lot of speculation about my career of late and I thank the coach and club for giving me the time I needed to make this decision public.

“I was always going to announce it early on in the season, and ideally I would have liked to have done it coming off four wins. But that’s footy isn’t it.

“That’s why I’m announcing my retirement now. I love this club it’s been my life since I was 16. I’ve made lifelong friends, met my wife and watched my kids’ faces light up when I tell them they can come to work with dad.

“I’m hoping that by announcing this, it will take some pressure off my coach, my team mates and the club, so we can get back to focusing on what really matters… winning games.

“I will retire as a one club player which I am very proud of. I’m going to finish my career the same way I started - utterly and deeply exhausted - knowing I have tried my best and left it all on the field.”

Eels head coach Stephen Kearney paid tribute to Hindmarsh’s impact on the game over the past 15 years.

“He’s a guy who pretty much redefined how much work one human being can get through out there on the paddock.

“I don’t know how many times I’ve seen replays of him chasing down wingers and fullbacks, making that last ditch effort that’s the difference between winning and losing matches.

“He’s all about heart and that’s why he’s so respected by everyone who plays the game, as well as loved and admired by those who watch it.

“He’s always put the team and this Club first and they are huge shoes to fill.

“It’s been a tough start to the season for us but the lads are focused on improving from here, and making sure Nathan finishes his playing career on a high note.”

Eels Chief Executive Officer Bob Bentley said:

“Words probably can’t describe what Nathan means to this Club and our supporters.

“When people think of the Eels, they think Nathan Hindmarsh.

“He’s given his heart and soul to this Club on and off the field for his entire career and built his success on sheer hard work and dedication.

“Obviously it would have been terrific for Nathan to have had the chance to announce his retirement after a better start to the season for us, but we’re confident the team can turn this around and make it a season to remember.

“We’re already preparing for one hell of a send-off at the end of the year.

“Nathan is quite simply a living treasure of this rugby league club and we will be doing everything we can to give him the send-off he deserves.”

He was visibly on his last legs in 2011, and 2012 is certainly not too kind to him, especially with the way the Eels season seems to be shaping up.

At least he has some media opportunities in the future, and it would be a refreshing change to have someone different to the usual drop-kicks we get in the NRL presentations.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm guessing ecogamer are destroying the dse site since it was dead slow searching before I left for work.

X3n. What are flat cat 6 cables like? I'm guessing thy aren't as well shielded as the ol rounders?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Fuck sales! I got my new laptop. Time to uninstall all the asus software on it.

Although I admit. The quick boot custom OS is awesome
There's a second power on button, and if I hit that it turns on in about 5 seconds into a custom simple OS that allows games, web browsing, youtube, photo browsing.

senahorse

I'm guessing ecogamer are destroying the dse site since it was dead slow searching before I left for work.

X3n. What are flat cat 6 cables like? I'm guessing thy aren't as well shielded as the ol rounders?

They are OK, but certainly not as reliable as your standard UTP/STP cable. I have used flat cables in rentals before and they did the job. They are pretty delicate though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My local is low on black Dsi, low on whatever a psp e1000 is and that's it.

Such a shitty store haha. I don't even think they will be open by the time I get there from work anyway.

legend166

I was hoping this would be a chance to snag another guitar for the 360 but when I search guitar hero on the website nothing even comes up.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
What's that website to go to when you have a fresh pc?? For all the installs? Tyia.

I'm sitting here deciding if I want any of this pre installed asus software. I don't know what of it is important :( so I don't really think I should uninstall it.

Fogz

I live out in the middle of nowhere, I could probably try and grab a couple of things for some fellow ausgaffers. Local DSE had a fairly good range last time I was in there (about a week ago).

Might go scouting sometime over the weekend.

Yeah if anyone can manage to grab me a dsi and a variant of pokemon (soul silver or heart gold) I'd very much appreciate it. None of the Sydney stores seem to have decent stock, and the few that have anything say low in stock on the website when I check local stock, so I'm not optimistic about my chances. Would paypal back of course.

They unstickied all those Sports OTs. But we are still standing!

Is there more whining? "Oh god first we got moved out of the Off Topic and now we've been unstickied. How will I ever find the thread, and no using subscriptions is not an option."

Edit: Found this.

Sport threads will be gone forever. We will all be banned.

Why the fuck is a Australia thread still stuck up there.

He just doesn't understand.

MY LORD. If that Dick Smith sale had started while I was out playing at the park with my son I would have held it against him for the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom