• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a few like that as of late. It really is disheartening.
It was basically a receptionist job that I am overqualified for but tailored my resume to make it look like the perfect job (since it pays a lot more than my current one) and I had even worked for the company before and know all the ins-and-outs of the place!

Oh well, time to ask for a pay rise I guess.

Don't. I haven't.

I've actually contemplated boycotting here until it's changed.
You didn't boycott the last heathen thread! You can't live without my enabling posts, don't deny it!

If my house mate hasn't vacuumed or taken any of the ikea boxes out or built atleast 1 dining room chair I may snap.
You are a harsh mistress aren't you!

Forget your BrisGAFs and what have you, I'm off to see Karnivool tonight. Yeah, wooo!

Actually, I'm not feeling 100% got a bit of a cough and the sniffles but lengthy dose of a great Aussie band should be good for me.

Also, The Living End are doing something unique for their next tour late this year. They're playing all their albums in full during a seven day period (first album gets two shows). Which is awesome because all I ever want to hear from The Living End these days is their first album and maybe their second. Seven shows in a row is crazy though.
http://www.thelivingend.com/latest-...are-playing-all-of-their-albums-live-in-full/
Make sure to fill us in on the new tracks! Also record them and chuck em up on YouTube!

A lot of bands have been doing the retrospective thing in the last couple of years. The Cure did a great live run of their quintessential trilogy a long while ago but it has only been the last 3-4 years that others have started to catch on to how popular the idea is. Totally wish I could have flown over when NIN played The Downward Spiral in its entirety.

As much as I don't enjoy TLE since their second album I must say they are awesome at mixing it up in the live arena. "Secret" shows were lots of fun.

A wild gaz appears
Pics or it didn't happen!

Man you know what's great? No Bernbaum here.
You may be living in a Campbell Newman wonderland but at least there is no damn Bernbum smelling up the place!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Sitting here on a library computer on a lonely night in Geelong.. while I'm waiting for this film club thingy to start.:/

Frawdder

Make sure to fill us in on the new tracks! Also record them and chuck em up on YouTube!

A lot of bands have been doing the retrospective thing in the last couple of years. The Cure did a great live run of their quintessential trilogy a long while ago but it has only been the last 3-4 years that others have started to catch on to how popular the idea is. Totally wish I could have flown over when NIN played The Downward Spiral in its entirety.

As much as I don't enjoy TLE since their second album I must say they are awesome at mixing it up in the live arena. "Secret" shows were lots of fun.
I'll do my best.

I also remember Queens of the Stone Age playing most, if not all, of their early stuff when they toured here last year. I've never been more annoyed/angry at missing out on concert tickets than I was then.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It was basically a receptionist job that I am overqualified for but tailored my resume to make it look like the perfect job (since it pays a lot more than my current one) and I had even worked for the company before and know all the ins-and-outs of the place!

You didn't boycott the last heathen thread! You can't live without my enabling posts, don't deny it!

You are a harsh mistress aren't you!

Pics or it didn't happen!

You may be living in a Campbell Newman wonderland but at least there is no damn Bernbum smelling up the place!

he's $2k in debt to me, unemployed and i work full time >_> so yes i will be a harsh mistress

Sitting here on a library computer on a lonely night in Geelong.. while I'm waiting for this film club thingy to start.:/
I went to one of those things one time! The ones run by the club at Deakin Uni right? They had a Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz night one year and had them up on the projector in the main lecture theatre. A mate and I went in there with 2 goon bags and 2 giant bags of cheese Twisties. Good times.

I'll do my best.

I also remember Queens of the Stone Age playing most, if not all, of their early stuff when they toured here last year. I've never been more annoyed/angry at missing out on concert tickets than I was then.
Seeing them at V Festival with Smashing Pumpkins was insane. They shred the shit out of their instruments and don't mind playing some of the kooky shit from their past. Also dat bass!

he's $2k in debt to me, unemployed and i work full time >_> so yes i will be a harsh mistress
Oh in that case I would be shitty too. Mate of mine did that for a few years, even moved in with his gf and lazed on the couch for 6 months before getting his current job! Does very well for himself now though. Maybe your friend is just biding his time!

Kritz

Banned
6ayox.jpg

y6K1o.jpg

PTLIv.jpg

First people just left! (VKS + 1)

Got a guy from the grill'd to take the end photo.

First people just left! (VKS + 1)

Got a guy from the grill'd to take the end photo.
At the train station now. Sorry about bailing early, but Mrs Squirrel wasn't feeling quite right and it is a school night.

I'm the dorky looking one in the vest, by the way.

Sad that Bern and Agyar couldn't be there. Enjoy the hookers and blackjack guys!

Also: Choc's absence was noted.

Jintor

At the train station now. Sorry about bailing early, but Mrs Squirrel wasn't feeling quite right and it is a school night.

I'm the dorky looking one in the vest, by the way.

Sad that Bern and Agyar couldn't be there. Enjoy the hookers and blackjack guys!

Also: Choc's absence was noted.

hur hur what a dork

*goes back to playing Final Fantasy music on his first-day overly-expensive handheld console*

I recognise clipper and vks by their miis!
Ha ha!

Speaking of which, Clipper and I appear to be the only people who thought to bring their 3DSs! I opened up Mii Plaza and only Clipper was there :p

By the way, I have the piece of the Star Fox panel you're missing. I know I have all the pink pieces, but I always think completing a panel outright takes precedence.

Guess who has two thumbs and a date next weekend?

This guy.
Excellent! No matter what happens on the date, no matter what she offers you, make sure you keep them thumbs!

Jintor

If I didn't know Shan was all up in the Brissed Banes, I'd swear she was a classmate of mine from primary school.

Yagharek

Pro-tip for AusGAF people:

Don't use the c-word on neogaf. Seems like it is now being enforced as a bannable offence.

I know none of you are foul mouthed, but just a friendly warning.

Yagharek

Hey jint, how is theatrhythm?

I played the demo but its too hard for me on anything above the bottom difficulty. :/

I didnt like FF8 back in the day, but holy balls did they include the best track from it.

Hey now!

Anyway, its one of those words I'm trying to train myself not to use in public, like fuck. It's alright I guess in private context, amongst friends etc but yeah ...

Jintor

Hey jint, how is theatrhythm?

I played the demo but its too hard for me on anything above the bottom difficulty. :/

I didnt like FF8 back in the day, but holy balls did they include the best track from it.

It's pretty good, but I think it relies really heavily on nostalgia to pull through completely - it's more elegant than exciting, even on harder difficulties.

What I'd like to see is Nintendo mash Osu! with their best music, give it to Sakurai to fill with collectables, and give to all of us.

Yagharek

It's pretty good, but I think it relies really heavily on nostalgia to pull through completely - it's more elegant than exciting, even on harder difficulties.

What I'd like to see is Nintendo mash Osu! with their best music, give it to Sakurai to fill with collectables, and give to all of us.

I have Donkey Konga. That's as close as they got. :/

But thats a good idea.

I might give the demo a few more goes then. Not sold on it. Rhythm Thief may just do me.

Deeku

That's what I was worried about. FF music is nice, but I wouldn't think it would make good rhythm game music. Plus I don't think the track list includes any of the jpop theme songs!

Still a maybe for me. I have enough current-ish games to play through as it is.

hamchan

That's what I was worried about. FF music is nice, but I wouldn't think it would make good rhythm game music. Plus I don't think the track list includes any of the jpop theme songs!

Still a maybe for me. I have enough current-ish games to play through as it is.

It does. Eyes on Me, Melodies of Life and Suteki da ne are all in it.

Deeku

Well that sucks, no demo on US store:/

It does. Eyes on Me, Melodies of Life and Suteki da ne are all in it.
Oh ok. Still, it's missing an important one that's relevant to my interests! Would have bought it in a flash if Kiss Me Goodbye was in it!

midonnay

I'm partial to Gitaroo Man myself........

to be honest....thearythmnwhassimacallit doesn't seem like its worth 50 bucks from what I've seen on youtube....

more like an IOS game I'd pay 10-15 bucks for....

it'd help if it had a music creator like that DS game (which is similar in gameplay without the pretty graphics) that I can't remember the name of... so fans could input (steal) their own music.

Looks like brisgaf had a good night out.

Guess who has two thumbs and a date next weekend?

This guy.

Nice work.

Don't screw it up.

Out of curiosity what's your current job?

Clipper

BrisGAF was indeed fun. I just wish I had paid attention to the time so I didn't need to wait 40 minutes for the bus...

Still waiting...

By the way, I have the piece of the Star Fox panel you're missing. I know I have all the pink pieces, but I always think completing a panel outright takes precedence.
I took a pink piece... Then bought out my pieces from walking for the day and got the missing Star Fox piece on the first try!

'Twas a good Streetpass experience :)

Jintor

I'm partial to Gitaroo Man myself........

to be honest....thearythmnwhassimacallit doesn't seem like its worth 50 bucks from what I've seen on youtube....

more like an IOS game I'd pay 10-15 bucks for....

Content devaluation, unless you'd PREFER to be even more nickled and dimed than this title already is.

Oh maaaaan BrisGaf looks rad. I'm sad I couldn't make it guys. Have a brew for me.

Pro-tip for AusGAF people:

Don't use the c-word on neogaf. Seems like it is now being enforced as a bannable offence.

I know none of you are foul mouthed, but just a friendly warning.

What a bunch of country music loving women. That's an arrested development reference for anyone keeping tabs.
That's fucked though. Swearing is one of my favourite parts of GAF. Well that's not true entirely true. What happened? The c bomb is just a bridge too far?

Clipper

Yay, bus came!

Thanks to everyone who came tonight. It was pretty great to meet you all and stuff. Now, on to board games tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom