• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Fingers crossed, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Still gotta apply for summer clerkships...
Shouldn't you be doing them now?! From memory, all the stuff closes like end of july. Apart from legal stuff, you should apply to the accounting firms (kpmg, ey etc..) as well. They pay alright and it's pretty chill work for a summer intern. Apply for auditing or something, good corporate exp that looks good when you're going for law firms and stuff later on!

3DS is region locked isn't it? That sure seems like it would make it a pain =/ Where'd you import it from?
US amazon, which was another mistake in hindsight. Should have gone for a JP unit instead.

Fredescu

I only got an email address.

Disaster.
Makes it easier to send her pics of your wang.

If you got a phone number you'd have to follow up your original SMS with like "so, did you get those pics of my wang?" because maybe her phone doesn't support MMS. Awkward.

Jintor

Shouldn't you be doing them now?! From memory, all the stuff closes like end of july. Apart from legal stuff, you should apply to the accounting firms (kpmg, ey etc..) as well. They pay alright and it's pretty chill work for a summer intern. Apply for auditing or something, good corporate exp that looks good when you're going for law firms and stuff later on!

I am doing them now, but I hate every minute of it, lol

Well, we just wrapped a production cycle and I don't have anything else to write for Hyper (except animuz), so I guess I'll have the week to do them.

Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane :p

Clipper hasn't done Melbourne, I haven't done Sydney, you haven't done Hobart. Assuming we all make it tonight.

Edit: I was wrong apparently :D

Also, sal, I walked past pulp fiction. I thought, "oh, that's a wanky name for a shop. Ooo, food court."
You work there or something?
So'd you go for Jackpot Noodles, Red Fan or the fill-up-your-plate place?

Also, this information may be five or so years out-of-date (I'm getting old), but I seem to recall Pulp Fiction having a very cute girl working there. Best place in the CBD for sheer volume of eye candy though, is George street, especially the corner of Alice Street (uni entrance) or the balcony of Irish Murphy's (corner of Elizabeth street).

That's free advice and it works no matter if you're into male or female eye candy.

Choc

Banned
You act like he is overreacting. $47 is a lot if you're struggling to get by as it is.

im not saying he is over-reacting, its fine to want to be frugal :)

but 47 as a starting price when we usually get 60-70 isnt so bad

Choc

Banned
Jintor you should do some research but you can claim a number of things via tax as you are a games journalist for your taxable income right now.

You might want to talk to DW about it but back in the day my crew used to claim magazines as research, games as research and consoles over the depreciation life.

obviously not 100% of them, but you can claim a portion

Kritz

Banned
Kritz is first to the meetup. Me and clipper are showing up early. Someone not from the Internet has sat down with me. Lady, if you are from the Internet, please introduce yourself.

Deeku

I am doing them now, but I hate every minute of it, lol
Yeah, the process is absolutely horrible! lol

Ummm, quick tips though they might be obvious. Try to keep your resume one page if possible. If cover letters are required, tailor them and don't be lazy like me and make a general one. Also, luck plays a huge role in these summer intern things, unless you're an hd superstar, so don't get discouraged after a few rejections!

And stick around whirlpool if you progress further. Always lots of good info there.

Ohoh and make sure you use key words in your application answers. Things like, leadership skills, attention to detail, strong communication skills etc etc.

Choc

Banned
Sydney people

M7 closed. Truck jacknifed and taken all lanes out. Won't reopen until well after peak

avoid

Choc

Banned
No amount of toilet paper can clean up your shit thread title.

I'll stop now

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
:( I want to go home to Adelaide for a night or two over a weekend.

why is it so expensive i can never afford it.

Heh. I actually remember that episode! I never got the joke at the time either. I guess I just accepted that there were 7 Rocky movies and that Adrian was a dude he fought.

I hadn't seen Rocky at the time.

Card Boy

Banned
I got Bayonetta on my 360, I hope it's good! I also rebought RDR (GOTY Edition) the different between my PS3 version is bloody huge.

Aon

Synchronised posting is the new Ausgaf Olympic sport of 2012!

(You guys should totally try and get a five person sync post going it'd be adorable xD)

Jintor

Oh, yeah: cute checkout chick who actually engaged me in conversation at that EB.

I wonder if it was the suit.

HolyCheck

If my house mate hasn't vacuumed or taken any of the ikea boxes out or built atleast 1 dining room chair I may snap.

Kritz

Banned
We're at grill'd. Met Salazar but he ran off for a bit.

Kritz, clip, marsh, Shan, crazed. And spied a Salazar.

Edit: a vks, sorry. Not Salazar. I have bad hearing.

Frawdder

Forget your BrisGAFs and what have you, I'm off to see Karnivool tonight. Yeah, wooo!

Actually, I'm not feeling 100% got a bit of a cough and the sniffles but lengthy dose of a great Aussie band should be good for me.

Also, The Living End are doing something unique for their next tour late this year. They're playing all their albums in full during a seven day period (first album gets two shows). Which is awesome because all I ever want to hear from The Living End these days is their first album and maybe their second. Seven shows in a row is crazy though.
http://www.thelivingend.com/latest-...are-playing-all-of-their-albums-live-in-full/

HolyCheck

Forget your BrisGAFs and what have you, I'm off to see Karnivool tonight. Yeah, wooo!

Actually, I'm not feeling 100% got a bit of a cough and the sniffles but lengthy dose of a great Aussie band should be good for me.

Also, The Living End are doing something unique for their next tour late this year. They're playing all their albums in full during a seven day period (first album gets two shows). Which is awesome because all I ever want to hear from The Living End these days is their first album and maybe their second. Seven shows in a row is crazy though.
http://www.thelivingend.com/latest-...are-playing-all-of-their-albums-live-in-full/

Nice, the gurge are doing a tuplang and unit tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom