• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A shaver.

So theyve released as many games in the past 5 years as Phil Fish.

2012 - DOTA 2
2012 - Counterstrike Global Offensive

2011 - Portal 2

2010 - Alien Swarm

2009 - Left 4 Dead 2

2008 - Left 4 Dead

2007 - Half Life 2 Episode 2 (along with 360/PS3 version of HL2 & HL2EP1)
2007 - Portal
2007 - Team Fortress 2 (well, I guess 2007/2008/2009/2010/2011/2012 since they continue to release huge amounts of content for it)

For a company with only 300 people running several online MP games as well as the biggest gaming DD network in the world that seems like a good amount of releases.

Certainly not as prolific as From Software I will admit :)

What's a good hair product to use to stop fizzy and 'poofy' hair.

anything with 'de-frizz' written on it, or straightening shampoo (or a product for after you get out of the shower). Might want to get a second opinion though, not sure if it works differently on men-hair.

Oh yeah Nintendo, so then Phil Fish, Valve, Bethesda, Irrational, Epic and CD Projekt all have the same amount of releases.

I did buzz cuts for ages, growing my hair longer for fun!

Fudge then. Can't recall the one I used but it was available at Safeway as well as Priceline et al. Went on easy and was solid as a fucking rock after a few seconds. Chemical reaction with hair molecules, like concrete or something. I don't know, I'm not a chemist.

markot

Banned
best-hair-straighteners.jpg

Like that? That looks annoying >.> I just want something simple I can put in my hair after a shower or something really.

Ive never really done anything with my hair, last week I bought the first brush I had for ages cause I never needed one before >.<

And I dont want concrete hair, thats just like mousse!

Probably just cut it in the end, ive got woggy hair.

Danoss

That looks annoying >.>

Welcome to having long hair, it's not a walk in the park. If you want to keep it simple, get those clippers back out. I don't have any pics of me with long hair, but I do have my drivers license which features my long hair.

[Image removed] Drivers license image, what was I thinking?

I don't miss it.

Yagharek

Well I thought the only thing valve had released since 2007 (Orange Box) was Portal 2.

Portal, Ep2 and TF2 all came out at the same time, so in the five years since that would only have been Portal 2 by my count.

Obviously I was wrong about L4D and its map pack and a couple of others.

Hats dont make up for Ep 3 though.

Omikron

Well I thought the only thing valve had released since 2007 (Orange Box) was Portal 2.

Portal, Ep2 and TF2 all came out at the same time, so in the five years since that would only have been Portal 2 by my count.

Obviously I was wrong about L4D and its map pack and a couple of others.

Hats dont make up for Ep 3 though.

Probably a good thing considering their increasing anti-consumer practices.

Danoss

Who's beard gets itchy? I only ever found that was the case when I was initially growing mine. It doesn't get itchy anymore.

You know what really bugs me? this stupid telstra ad that they keep playing during the olympics. Not only did they get rid of the song's beautiful homage to kookaburra sits in the old gum tree (debatable if that's what it was), but they can't even seem to decide on a new jingle to add in. If you're going to do that don't even bother adding the song in. Ugh. I'm sorry. This just makes me hate the way patent laws work even more. Lets stifle creativity and shit on classic Australian music because MONEY /rant.

Edit: went to the ekka today. This is what a fancy pigeon looks like:
8021_10150998771305267_349069485_n.jpg

Picked up a Nexus 7 today, Reptile asked to see a comparison. Here we have (left to right) a Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, TouchPad (running Android ICS) and an iPad3.

sVHh6l.jpg

reaction: If its not bigger than the ipad; not going to bother. Looking forward to the samsung note 10.1 even though I'm not big on android; however; the screen real estate if its a HD panel would be heavenly for mags + whatnot and I will get one.

+

also LTTP and OT but who did city2surf? I didn't :)

So I made my own Twitter bot. Any time the word "fuck" is written in Steam chat, the bot will post it. I did intend the bot to just simply post everything I say on Steam, but turns out twitter APIs can't post more than 350 times an hour or more than like once every 15 seconds.

https://twitter.com/ThinkingAusGAF

It is probably not safe for work. Also, it does not include usernames of anyone who says anything for privacy reasons.

... but you can probably guess who's saying at least half of that. >_>

this is AMAZING!

I'm interested in how you coded up the bot

reaction: If its not bigger than the ipad; not going to bother. Looking forward to the samsung note 10.1 even though I'm not big on android; however; the screen real estate if its a HD panel would be heavenly for mags + whatnot and I will get one.
I bought the Nexus 7 precisely because it is a smaller screen. After using it for a day and a half over the weekend, it's immediately obvious how much more convenient a 7" device is for everyday use over a 10" one. 10" tablets are restricted to tables and laps for the most part, 7" tablets are so much easier to hold for long periods of time. The only time I've felt any sort of twinge of longing for a 10" tab was when browsing the web in landscape orientation, but that didn't last long.

That said, I got one with the dreaded loose screen problem and haven't been able to permanently fix it, so I'll be taking it back for an exchange this week.

midonnay

The Nexus 7 is small enough to hide in my (inner) jacket pocket....

I wouldn't want to carry around an Ipad in my area hehehe >_>;

on my second device too after dead pixel problems out of the box.....

other than that its a tremendous device.... >>>> than Ipad for my uses anyways. (language learning)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
American reaction to Japan losing to US in Womens football

http://cdn.japandailypress.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/japs-hiroshima-tweets-490x793.png[/mg][/QUOTE]

[quote="Choc, post: 40932524"][img]http://cdn.japandailypress.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/pearl-harbor-twitter-japan-soccer-490x727.png[/mg][/QUOTE]

I'm not quite sure what your point is. Those in glass houses (countries) shouldn't throw stones.

Not sure if anyone was subscribed, but if you are (or are interested), I've just updated the Video Game Conferences Google calendar with the important conference dates for the rest of the year. It's in the local time zone for that conference so it's already converted to your local time zone.

Love cable :D
Is this with the Optus speed pack thing? That's pretty impressive! I usually get max 1.7MB/s (without the speed pack thing).

Stackboy

So reptile re-re-convinced me to buy sleeping dogs.....but I'm going to get it on 360. COMFY COUCH. It doesn't look like the kind of game I want to sit at my pc for tens of hours and finish. Can see myself doing that on my big tv.

Omikron

So reptile re-re-convinced me to buy sleeping dogs.....but I'm going to get it on 360. COMFY COUCH. It doesn't look like the kind of game I want to sit at my pc for tens of hours and finish. Can see myself doing that on my big tv.

This is interesting, sitting on a couch compared to a PC genuinely effects your gaming experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom