• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I remember you offering those up a while ago. If you don't mind me asking how much did you end up getting?

More importantly why don't you just get a single 680 or something?

I got $200 per card, so it means that my first 670 is a $0 purchase.

And I didn't get a 680 as the 670 is only about 2-3fps slower than a 680 across the board. At the moment the 680 is pretty much a useless card, really strange of NVIDIA to put out the 670.

2x 670 in SLI will almost give me the performance of a 690!

I got $200 per card, so it means that my first 670 is a $0 purchase.

And I didn't get a 680 as the 670 is only about 2-3fps slower than a 680 across the board. At the moment the 680 is pretty much a useless card, really strange of NVIDIA to put out the 670.

2x 670 in SLI will almost give me the performance of a 690!

Well that makes sense. Just looked at 690 pricing. Fuck that off.

Clipper

SydGAF. It's board game time again...

I've been a bit busy to post much and probably will continue to be until this weekend, but shall we confirm our next date? I could potentially do this Sunday the 19th, but Saturday the 25th might be the better choice.

Are we all available? Will Choc actually set an alarm this time? Is Winter coming?

And is anybody else available to do a full meetup this time?

jambo

And no games to take advantage of it!

There are plenty of PC games like The Witcher 2, Metro 2033, Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 (currently playing atm) that will destroy most PC hardware when you run them at 2560x1600 with everything turned up to 11.

If you max out Metro 2033 in DX11 mode, you need Triple SLI to get 60 fps =P

Dead Man

So, any guesses for what common household implement resulted in 7 stitches in my scalp this afternoon. I had blood everywhere, apparently bone showing according to the medics, and generally felt rubbish.

Any guesses at all?

All wrong.

103952.jpg

Danoss

Double adapters are known fire hazards. Power boards are the safer option, which you just proved correct in more ways than one.

Also, were you wearing a Star Wars t-shirt?

SydGAF. It's board game time again...

I'm finding it harder and harder to justify a 3 hour round trip for only a little more time spent gaming.

Dead Man

Double adapters are known fire hazards. Power boards are the safer option, which you just proved correct in more ways than one.

Also, were you wearing a Star Wars t-shirt?

I'm finding it harder and harder to justify a 3 hour round trip for only a little more time spent gaming.

LOL, well spotted. Threadless.

markot

Banned
I bought some cheapish shoes and they broke immediately after I threw away the reciept!

Yay.

>.< Not like super cheap but at DFO

Jesus dude that's intense. Nasty looking gash.

I've just started watching breaking bad. Fuck it's good. Although watching it is just delaying me watching the final few episodes of the Sopranos. There's too much awesome Tv is the moral of the story.

Ouch :s

I've just started watching breaking bad. Fuck it's good. Although watching it is just delaying me watching the final few episodes of the Sopranos. There's too much awesome Tv is the moral of the story.

I dunno about breaking bad. Its really addictive, but I get very stressed out watching it. Its not particularly a pleasant viewing experience, y'know?

I liked breaking bad better then the sopranos. It was good but breaking bad is in another league

Go and watch the gruen sweat ad for the olympics in Hobart. Oh jeez!

So good.

I dunno about breaking bad. Its really addictive, but I get very stressed out watching it. Its not particularly a pleasant viewing experience, y'know?

Really. Do their actions bother you that much?

r1chard

OMFG I've finally finished the main story quest in Skyrim - after 275 hours of game time over four quite different characters who got to varying levels. I've still got several of the side ("guild") quest lines to finish and then there's the 1/4 or so of the map I've still not explored.

Rezbit

OMFG I've finally finished the main story quest in Skyrim - after 275 hours of game time over four quite different characters who got to varying levels. I've still got several of the side ("guild") quest lines to finish and then there's the 1/4 or so of the map I've still not explored.

Is such a thing even possible?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
yes :s It was the wanting to see things get better and alleviate my stress that kept me watching. But things never got better did they?!
You haven't watched much TV iirc? you should watch Friday Night Lights, unlike Breaking Bad things don't get worse in that series, they get better!

jambo

Nice man. We were just talking about it in Steam chat. I'm up to 90 something hours and I've only done about a third of the main quest with 1 character and hardly any of the large side quests. Loving just wandering around.

yes :s It was the wanting to see things get better and alleviate my stress that kept me watching. But things never got better did they?!

I watch for the complete opposite. Hoping everything crash and burns.

That's a lot of game time.

Danoss

Adventure Time is pleasantly bizarre. It's kind of like strawberry ice cream. Man, I want strawberry ice cream.

When it was pointed out that it is quite Lovecraftian in nature (Jake is essentially a Shoggoth for one), I was stunned how true that was, and that I hadn't noticed earlier. Something happened in Season 3 that made me think "Lovecraft" immediately.

It's innocent and mature, and funny and serious, and a host of other things all at the same time. I'm glad I'm the age I am, watching it for the first time, to truly appreciate it for what it is.

Also, John DiMaggio is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom