• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tldr: Gabe, Blizzard and Notch telling me Windows 8 is bad is not an unbiased and fair opinion that I will accept at face value.

The most telling thing that it isn't an immediate effect is that none of them have gone into great detail about their issues with Win8. Just that it is bad. Once it is up and running and has a 30%ish share of the Windows users then they can start to get the ball rolling on why consumers should make some noise if neccesary.

Raxum

Personally, I don't like Metro and the way it stops you from installing any metro apps from anywhere but the windows app store. Metro apps can't even install other metro apps. And yes you can use the desktop, but it's been marked 'legacy'.

Then again, I've been pretty disappointed in windows for a while and kind of wanted to move, however it's been where the games are, so I've stuck it out. Linux can be a bit complicated when you get into the back end, and some of the developers for games on Linux seem to think that everyone on linux is a linux dev and thus know how to install all the libraries and compile their game code from scratch. Gets to be a bit of a chore if you want to try out a game.

That said, loving the customisation of linux. I've been through about 4 different desktop environments so far in one distro. Trying to settle on one and so far kubuntu is winning. (this is on my non-gaming laptop.)

Omikron

Personally, I don't like Metro and the way it stops you from installing any metro apps from anywhere but the windows app store. Metro apps can't even install other metro apps. And yes you can use the desktop, but it's been marked 'legacy'.

Then again, I've been pretty disappointed in windows for a while and kind of wanted to move, however it's been where the games are, so I've stuck it out. Linux can be a bit complicated when you get into the back end, and some of the developers for games on Linux seem to think that everyone on linux is a linux dev and thus know how to install all the libraries and compile their game code from scratch. Gets to be a bit of a chore if you want to try out a game.

That said, loving the customisation of linux. I've been through about 4 different desktop environments so far in one distro. Trying to settle on one and so far kubuntu is winning. (this is on my non-gaming laptop.)

Windows 7 was a disappointment to you?

Vista really wasn't that bad, aside from needing too much memory to do simple stuff because of Aero. And slow file transfers, but I'm fairly sure that was because of Windows' interface with NTFS rather than a fault of the OS itself.

I bought some cheapish shoes and they broke immediately after I threw away the reciept!

Yay.

>.< Not like super cheap but at DFO

Canberra DFO is pretty poop

You haven't watched much TV iirc? you should watch Friday Night Lights, unlike Breaking Bad things don't get worse in that series, they get better!

He should. FNL is da best.

It's not about football. It features it, but that's not it's thing, it fades into the background the further you go into the series.

It's my favorite TV series of all time. Not the best, but my favorite. I am due for another rewatch, and a box of tissues to go with it.

:D

"Everybody leaves me. What's wrong with me?"

That scene and the episode 'The Son' got me good.

jambo

Someone needs to shop Sony stuff on to this

3WuXg.jpg

EDIT: People always say Vista is shit. Can anyone say why it's shit?

Hated what I saw of Vista on a friends computer and was glad to jump straight to Win7 when it came out. Worked out well! Very happy with Win7 (and MSE!).

Raxum

Windows 7 was a disappointment to you?

Windows 7 was definitely better than the previous installments of Windows, but it I've just seen so many problems with Windows. Vista was a stepping stone, but definitely crap. Honestly my major problem is with the registry, it's a mess in there, and sometimes even microsoft techs have no idea what's going on with it.

It wasn't so much Windows 7 that was the disappointment, I was excited for the better specs than XP, and I upgraded as soon as I could. I don't know how to explain it. I've had a bunch of problems with Windows in the past and a few with Windows 7, all related to how windows cleans things up and destroying registry entries that are still in use and such.

Card Boy

Banned
What the heck is with the Sony fanboys viral marketing more than usual on GAF lately? Keep in mind i'm not talking about regular level-headed sane Playstation owners. I'm a PS3 owner myself.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
What the heck is with the Sony fanboys viral marketing more than usual on GAF lately? Keep in mind i'm not talking about regular level-headed sane Playstation owners. I'm a PS3 owner myself.

They should be spending all their money on marketing the Vita instead.

It is kinda crazy. They remind me of myself Nintendo fans from 10 years ago

Any news is good news after continually dismal sales and radio silence on the Vita front.

I didn't watch it, but a commercial adaptation of a book/movie loved by teenage girls in the 80's? Yeah, probably won't attract too many gaffers.
I know it's supposed to be female boomer / gen-Xer nostalgia bait, the equivalent of what the TV series re-adaptation of Scott Pilgrim Versus the World that will download directly into our brains in 2032 will be for us. Thing is, it's supposed to be good, even if Claudia Kanarvon is in it.

The freckled girl is so stupid and vapid it makes me want to kick puppies. It doesn't matter that you're no threat to her or that you obey her every whim, you hyperactive sycophant, that alpha female is never going to let you in to her group. Coolness is political power and power is a zero-sum game, so she has zero interest in allowing her oligarchy to grow or let new competitors in on their monopoly over hunky surfie wankers.

Serrels writes good. He learned. Great article.

call of duty vita looks like a wii game :p

I don't think they care...
I thought everyone laughed at COD Vita and said it looked shit? Will turn out like the shitacular Resistance Vita game they did.

Killzone Vita is where the love is at. FUCK THAT LOOKS SEXY.

Danoss

A fantastic FUD campaign from Apple regarding UAC, mostly. Higher system resources and trying to introduce 64-bit at the same time.

So, nothing really.

It had some flaws that were fixed when SP1 came out, which didn't take too long. Anyone who hadn't used it past that point and is complaining about it is talking out their arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom