• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Adventure Time is pleasantly bizarre. It's kind of like strawberry ice cream. Man, I want strawberry ice cream.

Buy relatively expensive strawberry greek yoghurt.

Freeze it (after ensuring that the strawberriness is mixed up with the yoghurtiness).

Enjoy something markedly, soaringly superior to straight up bought strawberry icecream.

markot

Banned
Pfft again!

The first 3 seasons of spongebob are up there with the first 10 seasons of the simpsons comedically speaking.

Omikron

Dear Omi,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are sorry to hear you are unable to purchase FINAL FANTASY VII.

Unfortunately, the game is currently only available from the SQUARE ENIX Store which is only serviced for certain countries.

We apologise you are unable to purchase from the store in your region currently. We are pleased to announce, however, than Australia and New Zealand will have their own SQUARE ENIX Store in the near future and you will then be able to purchase the game. We would advise checking www.square-enix.com for further updates on this.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused in the meantime, but hope you enjoy FINAL FANTASY VII when you are able to purchase it.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!
More help and information is available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.

Oh Sqaure.

Deeku

Buy relatively expensive strawberry greek yoghurt.

Freeze it (after ensuring that the strawberriness is mixed up with the yoghurtiness).

Enjoy something markedly, soaringly superior to straight up bought strawberry icecream.
I didn't know freezing yoghurt would work.

Yoghurt is pretty great though. I had one of those fruit salads with yoghurt on top things from dj's for lunch today! yum

I love you Sleeping Dogs but I gotta make sure someone's granddaughter hasn't been run over tonight otherwise it will end up on ACA.

Damn drug addicts.

Also I am all out of alcohol aside from my AusGAF scotch. Feels good man. Maybe time for some clean living?

Yagharek

Rex_the_runt.jpg

It's ok to admit you have bad taste markot. No one will think any less of you than they already do. :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Windows 8 is now on technet / msdn. If only I had access I would actually install it this weekend to check it out.

Maybe someone in here is crazy enough to do it.

Raxum

Windows 8 is now on technet / msdn. If only I had access I would actually install it this weekend to check it out.

Maybe someone in here is crazy enough to do it.

Apparently it's not so bad, but I tried one of the previous consumer previews and really didn't like it. Might install the new one this weekend on a Virtual Machine or something. See if they've made it any worse(or better but with metro I don't see how).

We'll undoubtedly get a copy of Windows 8 at work which I'll try to get a copy of. You only get three(?) install keys via MSDN though so I expect I'll be only trying it for a couple of days until it complains I've not registered it.

jambo

Pfft, spongebob poos all over it.

When you were in that coma, did you feel your brain getting damaged?

Also that dog claymation show sucked!

Hitler would have thought I have bad taste too.

So if you want to agree with Hitler thats fine with me.

Its the cancer of aids. Windows 8 that is.

Do you even fucking read your own posts?!

If it turned out that you were in primary school, I would not be surprised.

I dunno about breaking bad. Its really addictive, but I get very stressed out watching it. Its not particularly a pleasant viewing experience, y'know?

I hear what you're saying, its hard to sympathise with most, if not all, of the characters actions. But it's so damnable compelling..

I liked breaking bad better then the sopranos. It was good but breaking bad is in another league

I'm really enjoying breaking bad but no way. Sopranos is art. Full disclosure I think Sopranos is the best show ever and the Wire can suck it. I do have to finish Friday Night Lights though. I bailed at I think season 3 when things got really soap opera-y. Ive heard, from someone here I think, it picks up after that season though

I'm really enjoying breaking bad but no way. Sopranos is art. Full disclosure I think Sopranos is the best show ever and the Wire can suck it. I do have to finish Friday Night Lights though. I bailed at I think season 3 when things got really soap opera-y. Ive heard, from someone here I think, it picks up after that season though

Did you at least like the wire? Never watched Friday night lights, not enough of a football fan.

Danoss

Never watched Friday night lights, not enough of a football fan.

It's not about football. It features it, but that's not it's thing, it fades into the background the further you go into the series.

It's my favorite TV series of all time. Not the best, but my favorite. I am due for another rewatch, and a box of tissues to go with it.

FEMALE COMPANION HAS ADVISED DFA PACK HAS ARRIVED

WHY DID I GO TO WORK TODAY

THAT WAS SILLY

I SHOULD BE AT HOME WEARING A DFA SHIRT PLAYING BEAT UP HONG KONG PEOPLE

Raxum

You have my deepest sympathies.

Mine as well, from what I've used and the things I've heard about where they're heading I might make the move to linux when windows 7 support drops. Hopefully that'll either be after I've finished gaming, when I switch to consoles, or when there's actual Linux support in most games.

Edit: Valve, Notch, and someone from Blizz are worried about it. And from what I've seen I'm worried about it as well. Not sure why people are defending it and not understanding what's happening.

markot

Banned
Do you even fucking read your own posts?!

If it turned out that you were in primary school, I would not be surprised.
Sheesh, someone woke up on the third Reichy side of the bed this morning.

Also, tickets for the new TF2 mode seem llama lame-sauce.

And blizzard needs to be worry about their own games before they start talking wise about anything. Their output has been thoroughly disapointing these lase few years.

Their concerns are only based around their own interests.

It's not like they're being altruist with their stance.

It would certainly cost them sales and profit.
It would certainly create more sales and profit for Microsoft.
It would certainly mean less choice and less competition for consumers if the walled garden does happen.

It would certainly all be hypothetical as nothing has been shown to the contrary aside from little clues as to where things could end up with the Windows platform. Microsoft won't show their hand until they are sure they can have a satisfactory conclusion to their search for higher sales/profits and higher shareholder satisfaction.

Microsoft is moving towards Apple's App Store system. Few people decry that system. It's only because they're moving from an open to a closed system witch will most likely cut into publishers and artists ability to sell products outside of Microsoft's app store variant.

I'm going to assume that the only way around this will be by producing retails disks.

I'm not saying this is a good direction, just that the people that are decrying this system are those with their own closed systems. Steam. Battle.net. And however notch sells his stuff (directly through his website, I'm guessing.

I don't think many, if any, of those are truly thinking "how is this good for consumers." It may be a secondary concern, but their own business is their primary focus.

Who says Microsoft is moving exclusively to a walled garden? They're introducing an app store to get some of that sweet app store money. The end.

You can get software from other sources with OS X, and you'll be able to with Windows 8, 9, 10.

Yagharek

I'm not saying this is a good direction, just that the people that are decrying this system are those with their own closed systems. Steam. Battle.net. And however notch sells his stuff (directly through his website, I'm guessing.

That's a pretty good point. I guess the difference now is that you can choose between which drm service to use out of steam or battlenet, or none at all unless a particular disc distributed game forces you to use steam/gfwl/origin etc.

Everything is closed these days, except linux, but youre right - windows is moving from semi-open to closed and that concerns some people.

It wouldnt be a problem if any of these companies were trustworthy, but all of them have demonstrated remarkable hostility, contempt and incompetence to varying degrees in very recent times.

Who says Microsoft is moving exclusively to a walled garden? They're introducing an app store to get some of that sweet app store money. The end.

You can get software from other sources with OS X, and you'll be able to with Windows 8, 9, 10.

Indeed. Nothing wrong with current Win8. All the concerns raised by Gaben et al has been about the future of the platform and the move towards locking it down.

Which is what I said.

I don't want all of PC gaming to move to the App Store idea. I don't spend money on the closed off iTunes system. Actually that is a lie. I once bought Game Dev Story.
I'm just talking generally, not to you, in particular.

I'm not the biggest Microsoft fan, and what I'm seen of the MetroWindows 8 interface is of very little interest to me.

The problem I have is with people pointing at all of these closed systems decrying the new direction of Windows and saying "this is bad for customers" when, in reality, they are saying "this is bad for us but let's make it seem like we care about people and get them on our side."

I never trust people that have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo telling other people to fear change, especially when they have the most to lose in the transition.

Gabe saying Windows 8 sucks? I trust that opinion as much as Mussolini telling me that capitalism sucks. Whenever you hold a majority power in a system it's only natural to try and turn people against something rising up against you.

tldr: Gabe, Blizzard and Notch telling me Windows 8 is bad is not an unbiased and fair opinion that I will accept at face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom