• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any of AusGaf going to start playing cs:go?
Any AusGaffers getting CS:GO? Would be sweet if we can get a match up and running in the near future.

Adelaide generally doesn't sell out but I'm not willing to risk it :)
Edit: oh my ^

Good point. Nothing worse then having to pay scalping prices.

Deep breaths choc. Watch the 4 corners link I posted.

Could you repost it?

Also FUCK YOU REBELLION. You make shitty games (although Sniper 2 was okay) so you feel the need to lash out at a really great indie PC developer? For having the fucking word Rebellion in a game title? A sequel to one of their series? Did you have a car crash recently and somehow get amnesia and forget that rebellion is a pretty fucking normal common word?
I don't even own any of Ironclad's games but that is some serious no-publisher-will-work-with-us-any-more bottom of the barrel shit right there.
What, really? They didn't develop the latest Sins game? Fuck, mind blown.

Well, I'm just going to try to forget this obvious case of attempted treachery by continuing my game of Platinum Game's Pokemon Platinum.

On an unrelated note, I bought Cave Story during the last Steam Sale. After hearing all the hype surrounding the quality and insanity of CAVE's famous bullet hell shooters I was quite frankly disappointed.

I'm remember the entirety of my childhood eating lambchops since we were so poor and could only eat what lambs our neighbours would kill for us.
Now I'm sad.

:(

Stackboy

I ended up putting together my new pc last night. Didn't get any time to play games on it yet, but tonight it's nothing but BF3.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Also you can grab some from TheHut on 360, they have a bunch of 10% off coupons floating around too. 1 pound for bulk delivery.
Dodonpachi Resurrection for $15
Deathsmiles DE for $22
Akai Katana for $27

Not sure if still half asleep, or this page doesn't actually make sense.

Satire. A medicore developer called Rebellion (famous for Sniper Elite and Rogue Trooper) has sued the developers of Sins of a Solar Empire for naming their most recent sequel Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Because the name Rebellion can only be used for their developement studio.

Danoss

Satire. A medicore developer called Rebellion (famous for Sniper Elite and Rogue Trooper) has sued the developers of Sins of a Solar Empire for naming their most recent sequel Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion. Because the name Rebellion can only be used for their developement studio.

Wow, what a bunch of idiots.

sbHZn.png

Sue these guys. I fucking dare you.

Jintor

What grounds are they going for, trademark I'd guess?

/edit lol that's bullshit, any court worth their salt would take that case apart

First comment on Gamasutra: "Edge". Amazing.

Yagharek

Rubbish. Similar problems happened with XP, yet no one is trashing it, somehow it gets a free pass. Not Vista though, join the hate train on it.
Bandwagoner :p

Turns out the problem with vista was sp2, not 3. Anyway, minor detail because the faults was widespread. The .NET framework was to blame and would prevent people from installing sp2 for good.

Vista was a shit OS. I used it for 4-5 years and with all the useless features turned off like aero. It basically looked like an XP desktop with a quarter of the performance and half the lifespan.

I apologise for my poor humour causing so much confusion in this thread.

I'll leave now and go back to playing JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, by the late, great Bizarre Creations.

Jintor

None of you probably care but yesterday one of the judges in the Apple v Samsung case lost her shit at the Apple Lawyers.

Ars Technica said:
“You want me to do an order on 75 pages tonight? When, unless you’re smoking crack, you know that these witnesses are not going to be called?” Koh shouted at Apple lawyers. “Who is going to call all these witnesses when you have less than four hours left?”

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/08/benchslap-of-the-day-are-you-on-crack/2/

Basically, the judge limited the total arguments for each side to about 25 hours. Apple have 4 hours left and want to call 22 witnesses. That's an inordinate amount of paperwork for Justice Koh, not to mention that it leaves about 12 minutes per witness, which is insane considering objections, etc.

None of you probably care but yesterday one of the judges in the Apple v Samsung case lost her shit at the Apple Lawyers.

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/08/benchslap-of-the-day-are-you-on-crack/2/

Basically, the judge limited the total arguments for each side to about 25 hours. Apple have 4 hours left and want to call 22 witnesses. That's an inordinate amount of paperwork for Justice Koh, not to mention that it leaves about 12 minutes per witness, which is insane considering objections, etc.

Oh shit that is funny! You can only push someone so far with bullshit. At some point they will remember they got into this job to get criminals off the streets, not settle petty profiting.

Apple Lawyer response said:
“Your honor, first of all, I’m not smoking crack,” said Apple lawyer Bill Lee. “We have timed it out.”
ROFL

Jintor

Generally speaking, the lawyers who joined to get criminals off the street (or ensure the rights of men are protected) are actually in those fields Reptile :p

I bet that was said with a straight face back.

I was thinking a puppy dog look of "I didn't eat all the drugs, it was that stupid SAMSUNG lawyer dude over there, miss".

Man I hate lawyers. Which is strange since my awesome cousin is one and my sister is nearly one. Actually no, that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom