• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagharek

Played the Trine 2 demo tonight on PS3. Game is absolutely gorgeous. Platforming controls in it are absolutely dreadful and floaty.

Hope the Wii U version supports Wiimote pointer controls, like Icarian or Lost Winds.

Dead Man

488314_290806934360311_1054302128_n.jpg

LOL

During an otherwise crappy weekend (girl dramas you know the drill, well except Shan I guess) I finished Sleeping Dogs. Big fat meh. It was alright I guess but Hong Kong was way to samey.

In those kind of games normally I can learn at least the major streets fairly well and quickly. Sleeping Dogs seemed like a giant maze of the same streets, and I swear there were entire suburbs I didn't go to. I don't know. The game was fine I guess, the story was ok, the hand to hand combat was rad, but it was just a standard open world game otherwise.

This Howzat seems alright so far. I was afraid it was going to be too Kerry Packer heavy, and it may yet be, but it's an interesting story.

Deeku

During an otherwise crappy weekend (girl dramas you know the drill, well except Shan I guess) I finished Sleeping Dogs. Big fat meh. It was alright I guess but Hong Kong was way to samey.

In those kind of games normally I can learn at least the major streets fairly well and quickly. Sleeping Dogs seemed like a giant maze of the same streets, and I swear there were entire suburbs I didn't go to. I don't know. The game was fine I guess, the story was ok, the hand to hand combat was rad, but it was just a standard open world game otherwise.

I've played like maybe 6 or so hours and I'm already over it. Like, the novelty of Hong Kong/ asian setting was kinda cool and goofy at first, but after playing for a while, I feel that the game is extremely boring. City is pretty dull as well, and samey as you said.

Combat is kinda fun, though.

I dunno, I might play more and even finish it since it's a shortish game.

Played the Trine 2 demo tonight on PS3. Game is absolutely gorgeous. Platforming controls in it are absolutely dreadful and floaty.
I got it for free through PSN+ and I still haven't even played it yet. Still need to finish the first game on Steam.

I dont get why Sweden is more likely to extradite Assange then Britain would be >.>?
They aren't really. What makes it a possibility is that the Swedish authorities could have interviewed Assange at any point while he was in the UK/Ecuadoran embassy and they refused. Which makes zero sense.
Why wouldn't they get their case done while they had the chance to get it done sooner rather than later?
Why would they give up the chance to interview him when they have no idea when they will get their hands back on him?
Doesn't it seem like the logical thing to do?
He hasn't even been charged yet after they already stopped the investigation once. It just doesn't make any sense.

I've played like maybe 6 or so hours and I'm already over it.
During an otherwise crappy weekend I finished Sleeping Dogs. Big fat meh.

:(

I'm had enough to drink to accept abuse from anyone who bought the game and hated it based on my pimping.

Loving the shit out of it myself. Looks glorious on PC and have already spent 15 hours and only about 2/3 of the way through, maybe even less. Love the little ambient shit going on in the streets, like drunks annoying shopfronts or a random murder scene being investigated.
Driving is the best out of any open world game I have played so far. Once you get the hang of it you can pelt around the island. Which looks insanely great at night when it rains.
Hand to hand combat is a huge step up, now I have all the moves unlocked it is insanely fun to mix up the attacks against different enemies. Favourite is the running jumping kick follow up, so brutal! Gunplay is nothing to write home about and they try and only make you use it when you have a clear run to slow mo jump-over-cover all the way through.
The shoot out in the hospital was TOTALLY Hard Boiled and so much fun, sliding along counters getting off 2 shotgun round into a fat guys chest!
Music is frustrating, jumps around too much. Love that they have a bunch of Opeth tracks on the Roadrunner channel! Wish you could put in custom tracks or at least choose a default station :/
Story is awesome, feel very connected to Wei and just want him to say fuck this shit and go full triad and protect the family! I always play as a good guy so it is strange how much it has turned into a Point Break kind of thing for me, very unexpected but very cool.

EDIT: OH SHIT Howzat was on? Damnit, hopefully the pirates can get me the hookup :/

Julian Assange's mother subjected to Nazi taunts during radio interview
Christine Assange pulled the pin on her 3AW interview with Howson after he shouted down the previous guest Sam Castro, a co-founder of the Wikileaks Australian Alliance, subjecting her to what Ms Assange described as "a torrent of verbal abuse''.

After reprimanding Howson for his behaviour, Ms Assange refused to be interviewed on the Melbourne station and hung up the phone, prompting Howson to begin shouting "Seig Heil! Seig Heil! Seig Heil!'' - a Nazi salute to Hitler.

Also Onion article? No? What?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The less I mentally invest into the whole Assange situation, the less angry I get.

What was the Nazi connection to Assange's mother?

Shan's expertise exceeds mine, at the very least.

Highly unlikely. After spending my high school years with boys I've become kind of awkward around most girls ;.; I want to make friends, but I don't know how. Every time I make a girl friend they move away.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Good funtimes for MvM after Cookie graciously deigned to host a server for us all until it overloaded his machine

Na. Machine was fine. Just HL2.exe decided to crash, Which is nothing new I don't think for anyone who plays TF2.

I wish it didn't use that. I don't believe dota 2 or portal do, Never had those crash.

markot

Banned
I want to punch anyone with a guy fawkes mask in the face....

If V for Vendetta had him wearing a groucho marx mask instead...

Well that sucked. 20 minutes of watching dudes fiddle over a mic, followed by thankyous and general pleas =/
Wouldn't have expected anything else though. Discussions on the allegations have been done to death and he hadn't publically thanked everyone yet. Just waiting to see what happens.

UK back down or they break in.

Stackboy

In the hospital =[ missus is having abdominal pain

Hope she's ok man.

It took me nearly 12 hours, but I got BF3 working on my new PC. Turns out it was Origin (surprise, surprise) causing the issue. If I close down Origin and have battlelog open in a browser, choose a game to join then Origin boots straight into BF3. I discovered this by mistake. If Origin is already open, then it gives me an error. PC GAMING. But seriously, BF3 is glorious on the PC.

Omikron

Hey AusMetalGAF, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend this series Metal Evolution.

It is by the same guy that did the movie Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, so if you liked that, you will like this as it is pretty much 8 or so hour extension of that.

The first 2 eps are currently available on iView.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Still no Mario. Sleeping Dogs is far too good for me to be distracted by anything else. I've got an appointment near a JB on Thursday so I'll pick it up then.

Oh. Yeah. Sleeping Dogs owns. Sleeping Dogs!

In the hospital =[ missus is having abdominal pain

i got to "having" and then my head auto filled it with baby. there was a range of reactions that went through my mind. hope all is well.

im going to clipper this and ask about a iron brigade trenched 4 pack again
anyone interested its like 9 dollars this way
id also love to not be the one to buy it as i dont really want to have 25 sitting in a paypal account

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Hey AusMetalGAF, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend this series Metal Evolution.

It is by the same guy that did the movie Metal: A Headbanger's Journey, so if you liked that, you will like this as it is pretty much 8 or so hour extension of that.

The first 2 eps are currently available on iView.

Never heard if it but will check it out when I get home!

fuses shouldn't cost much (you could almost do them yourself). A broken stalk would depend on the age make and model of a car.

or you could get this guy to do it for cheap

original.jpg

legend166

It's a 2002 Corolla.

Me getting my car serviced is the equivalent of when someone buys their computer from Harvey Norman or something and they pay $3000 for something that should really cost $1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom