• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Shan, what the hell is going on

Jesus. They (Fresh) have been dodgy since they first got in. Which I'm ashamed to say I was at uni for. They offer to sell off the stuff the union should provide and instead put in flashy things like Subway. Admittedly the food court is way better than when it was just the refec.

The one that really got me though was when they renamed the Red Room the Second Degree. Then campaigned the next year promising to change it back to the Red Room.

Before they had there, what 8 year reign?, the opposition (young Labor) were in power for even longer.

The name scam isn't new. More entrenched now, but previously I had a mate who was involved in the union and they found out what the opposition was going to call their campaign and registered it before they did. It was only a yearly thing then. But still, old tricks

Jesus. They (Fresh) have been dodgy since they first got in. Which I'm ashamed to say I was at uni for. They offer to sell off the stuff the union should provide and instead put in flashy things like Subway. Admittedly the food court is way better than when it was just the refec.

Yeah, if you can afford it :p

EDIT: I seriously hope this gets them kicked out. Something will be done about it... right? :(
LOL nope. They are buying power and control. The current Deakin society is the same, sucks since I was friends with the guy who started it before the juggernaut got rolling and it became much bigger than the original idea. A lot of profit and power can be gained through these organisations and the ties that bind them together....

holy shit tony scott killed himself.....
FFS that sucks. If only he could have gotten help in time. Going to do a Tony Scott movie marathon this weekend.

Top Gun
Beverley Hills Cop 2
Days Of Thunder
Last Boy Scout
True Romance
Enemy of the State
Man on Fire
Domino

Just awesome fun movies that I can't help but have a big grin on my face watching.

Also all the links attached to the word Scott on this website head to their page on Ridley Scott....

Cheer up you two. These people will be standing for public office in the next 20 years!
You just gotta bring everyone down don't you Vince :/
Time to go start my own country. With blackjack. No hookers though, the wife will hit me over the head and I don't like that.

I didn't know anybody cared about uni politics. >_>

I don't remember any political crap when I was at uni. I rocked up, sat through a terrible tute or two then left. Maybe I wasnt immersing myself in the uni lifestyle enough. I do miss being able to go surfing for the rest of day though.

FFS that sucks. If only he could have gotten help in time. Going to do a Tony Scott movie marathon this weekend.

Top Gun
Beverley Hills Cop 2
Days Of Thunder
Last Boy Scout
True Romance
Enemy of the State
Man on Fire
Domino

Just awesome fun movies that I can't help but have a big grin on my face watching.

Sad stuff. Made awesome movies though.

Yagharek

You just gotta bring everyone down don't you Vince :/
Time to go start my own country. With blackjack. No hookers though, the wife will hit me over the head and I don't like that.

Good idea.

Maybe we can build an island in the middle of the Pacific. News Corp will be declared an enemy of the state and barred from entry. Boat people welcome on the proviso they help with building the infrastructure. Any and all sectarianism will result in expulsion to Sweden. First ten years will be run as a tax haven for the world's illuminati, and once we hit $10 Trillion, we seize the lot.

Then we buy out the Vatican and convert it to a Pussy Riot theme park.

markot

Banned
jq_20120820_3dsXL_v3.jpg

Does that mean I can go in on the 23rd and trade it and xfer my ds stuff >.>? Or do I have to go in earlier?

Quoted for new page and no answers from jerks!

Sleeping Dogs is number 1 game in the UK beating out Mario Bros 3DS!

Good idea.

Maybe we can build an island in the middle of the Pacific. News Corp will be declared an enemy of the state and barred from entry. Boat people welcome on the proviso they help with building the infrastructure. Any and all sectarianism will result in expulsion to Sweden. First ten years will be run as a tax haven for the world's illuminati, and once we hit $10 Trillion, we seize the lot.

Then we buy out the Vatican and convert it to a Pussy Riot theme park.
I was thinking more of moving into a middle eastern country and taking over before converting everyone to atheism and worship of the human spirit and science. My country would be a utopia in the desert, an example for future generations. At the time I would be thought of as a terrorist though of course, stupid American PR machine.

Pssh, I lived on campus I got fed for free. Fed crap, but still.
Same here! Got a scholarship to pay for my residence which came with dinner 3 nights a week (which was okay if doused in gravy) and everyone on res got $300 on their student ID for cafe at lunch! Greasy wing dings for all!

Yagharek

Quoted for new page and no answers from jerks!

0. Ask the store if you can do the trade after buying the XL then doing the transfer.
1. Buy a new 3DSXL, pay via cash/eftpos.
2. Take it home
3. Transfer all your old 3DS stuff to the new 3DSXL
4. Take in the old 3DS and trade it in with the old receipt as well, and request the credit back as cash. (ie its basically a full refund/return of the XL, then you buy it again and trade in the old system at the same time, from the perspective of their computers).

Do not trade your old system in until after the transfer process or you will lose all your games.

Yagharek

I was thinking more of moving into a middle eastern country and taking over before converting everyone to atheism and worship of the human spirit and science. My country would be a utopia in the desert, an example for future generations. At the time I would be thought of as a terrorist though of course, stupid American PR machine.

My idea is better. Tropical island > desert.

Deeku

ugh I always hated those uni election people! They're all so...enthusiastic when they bug you about voting..overly enthusiastic people really poop me off!

I don't know if I want a XL, I can't handle big pixels. Plus it sucks that I can't just randomly walk into a store and implulse regret trade in because mine's US unit:/

But I'm definitely getting a japanese 3ds when I'm over there in like 3 weeks, but to XL or to not?...need to try one first!

ugh I always hated those uni election people! They're all so...enthusiastic when they bug you about voting..overly enthusiastic people really poop me off!

I don't know if I want a XL, I can't handle big pixels. Plus it sucks that I can't just randomly walk into a store and implulse regret trade in because mine's US unit:/

But I'm definitely getting a japanese 3ds when I'm over there in like 3 weeks, but to XL or to not?...need to try one first!

This may sound silly but, the pixels are bigger on the XL?!

markot

Banned
Didn,t labor bring it back

Enjoy while it last I guess

Not really the same thing I dont think, it doesnt go to the unions does it? and it was mainly because the nationals were pissed at the deal too, cause lots of the services unions provided were useful... things like sports facilities, day care... etc....

Deeku

This may sound silly but, the pixels are bigger on the XL?!
Bigger screen but same resolution, so pixels are stretched...or something. I don't know the technical part, all I's knows is that it may look funny to people that prefer a crisp image, ie me!

midonnay said:
Miranda Kerr was in a weird Japanese ad?

Thanks for informing me media watch

*starts up Google*
oi..chii...??! :eek:

oh..i guess that's a play on the word "tea"?

My idea is better. Tropical island > desert.
Nah, start in the desert and work our way out through the whole damn continent as more countries realise I know what the fuck is up and hand over their land.

Do uni unions even do much after they got all their money goned by Howard?
Came back. Thought it was odd that Deakin texted me that I had overdue fees, assumed it would go on HECS.... Only $42 a trimester though! Cheaper than my wife's!
Get it? Pregnancy joke! Ah fuck you guys, whatever.

Blah blah, you guys all suck! :D
Sorry, I finished a progress report for an assignment I haven't started yet tonight so now I am drunk in celebration.

Omikron

Cheers to mega, fogz, rep and markot. Swell chaps.

I get the feeling people just can't read when I state what my app is capable of. :(

OMG A level bike races at night in the rain. Like fucking ecstasy. So good. Beats out Saints Row 3 for most insane sensation of speed. You can corner like a mother fucker too so it is just like being a being of greater capability, sliding around corners without concern for any of the piles of flesh you may have just ran over. Sooooo good.

Omikron

I have so much loathing for this man.

m.theage.com.au/opinion/political-news/private-schools-hard-done-by-says-abbott-20120820-24ita.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom