• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Not gonna buy wiiu at launch, won't let nintendo trick me again! Well, unless it's like ammmmmaaaaaazing.

Was kinda...hot? today outside:eek:

Card Boy

Banned
Northland JB

JB-Hifi.jpg

It actually did come in handy. As a thanks for buying it, Microsoft gave you free access to this.
Youtube Me extension for Chrome has ruined rick rolling :(

I just got Fishponded with my 4000 Microsoft Points, it took them 2 weeks to tell me they ran out and don't know when they will get more. I got my money back though.
I can't recall the place I saw them cheap at not too long ago now sorry.

Not gonna buy wiiu at launch, won't let nintendo trick me again! Well, unless it's like ammmmmaaaaaazing.
After the Wii I will let the WiiU cool off for 12 months before I pick it up. Make sure there is at least 7-8 games I REALLY want to play. I have a quality PC so I can play the vast majority of stuff anyway. All I will miss out is the usual Zelda/Mario stuff.

If they remake LttP then I would be day one of course.

Yagharek

Youtube Me extension for Chrome has ruined rick rolling :(

Doesnt matter, my intention wasnt to rickroll you, just illustrate how microsoft scammed early adopters with the VIP pack.

Shitty game, shitty dpad and a shitty members card that did absolutely nothing at all. The best thing in that VIP pack was the AA batteries and the useless faceplate.

hamchan

Am I going fucking crazy? Did I just read that Sony are closing Studio Liverpool, the Wipeout guys? What the fuck Sony. Explain to me how this could happen Choc.

If his what is interested?

I blame auto correct.

I'm thinking $500 is my limit, assuming it has a pack in game and wiimote/nunchuk included in the box. Since the Dreamcast launch I've gone and spent woeful amounts of money on hardware launches; its not something I'm proud of.

That said, this is my only console for the coming generation, so I may as well jump in headfirst, regardless of the sandbars lurking beneath the waves. I think I'm going to apply the following general purchase policy however (assuming the games are good and appealing to me):

* New Nintendo IP games buy day 1
* Third party ports at Zavvi prices
* New third party IP/exclusives based on GAF impressions, good and bad
* Third party niche games from Treasure/Platinum/Grasshopper etc on Day Fucking One

(Incidentally, Batman Arkham City on Wii U has all the content on the disc, no DLC codes. So I might grab that one cheap and second hand seeing as the local distributor/PR people are rude. Or import from Zavvi).

Really, I will be happy to see what else from the likes of the Mario Galaxy/Skyward Sword teams comes out. They were the three best games this gen for me, so much to do and see and so many new ideas in them it was like being spoilt over and over and over again.

I've managed to avoid most launches, I learnt my lesson after the original Xbox. That's a pretty good policy though. I really would love to pick one console, has there been much talk about 3rd party games?

hamchan

I fear I'm done with Nintendo consoles now. Their handhelds are still great though. The 3DS was crap for a year but now it's pretty good. Pre-ordered red 3DS XL today and NSMB2 for $159 when I trade in my original 3DS.

Am I going fucking crazy? Did I just read that Sony are closing Studio Liverpool, the Wipeout guys? What the fuck Sony. Explain to me how this could happen Choc.

I am fucking speechless. So fucking speechless than even the news that my best mate has started to date my sister has elicited barely any response from me.

What the fuck Sony. I have defended the shit out of you over the years but this decision is a huge fucking spit in the face. They have done nothing but the highest quality titles FOR FUCKING YEARS. When you needed them to do a killer DD title for PSN they did it for you. When you needed them to support the PSP they did it for you. When you needed someone to make a launch title for the Vita that people gave a shit about THEY DID IT FOR YOU.

Without them going into the future Sony are much much much worse off. It isn't even a matter of finance. Without their games coming out on your consoles you are so much worse off. What are you going to fill those fucking gaps with now.

Just what.

They're not the Wipeout guys, they're the guys whose logo meant I was about to play the best Amiga games ever.

:(

Gazunta

Fucking gutted about Psygnosis.

You know what, fuck it, from now on I'm just playing creator-owned games. Fuck being able to be closed down through no fault of your own because some accountant somewhere decides you're on the wrong end of a financial bell curve.

Really pissed off about this.

I'm gonna dig out the neGcon on the weekend and play some God damn wip'Eout" on the PS1 who's with me.

hamchan

Yeah, stick with Sony. Can't wait to play WipEout on the PS4.... oh, wait.

Sadly I'll probably still be Sony + PC person next gen, even without WipEout. Unless Nintendo actually makes a new F-Zero or preferably to me, hands it off to Nagoshi and Sega again. Then i might buy a Wii U when it reaches bomba prices.

Seeing you in here reminded me that I needed to tell you something. I think Kickstarter has changed the rules about being a US Resident. When I went to Kickstarter a little while back, it gives you the option to look for "Kickstarters in your area." Looking through that, there's a whole mess of Australian projects.

Might be worth another look.

You know what, fuck it, from now on I'm just playing creator-owned games. Fuck being able to be closed down through no fault of your own because some accountant somewhere decides you're on the wrong end of a financial bell curve.

I'm gonna dig out the neGcon on the weekend and play some God damn wip'Eout" on the PS1 who's with me.

Holy shit neGcons. I remember them being pimped in OAPSM. Are those the ones with the "racing wheel"? I remember OAPSM tried to get people to buy it for Ridge Racer Type 4.

Gazunta

Seeing you in here reminded me that I needed to tell you something. I think Kickstarter has changed the rules about being a US Resident. When I went to Kickstarter a little while back, it gives you the option to look for "Kickstarters in your area." Looking through that, there's a whole mess of Australian projects.

Might be worth another look.
Oh awesome, thanks! Time to quit my job and start a kickstarter so you can all fund me developing the C64 version of Crackdown!

Me

:(

Time to break out the old F1 classics

Salazar

God almighty the man is an arse. I am still dumbfounded he will be the next PM. I just cannot comprehend how that has happened.

Hey, I'm here to talk about the BHP thingo.

Have you read the statement ?

Nar.

So, Mr Abbott, is this how you would conduct yourself as Prime Minister ? Going on national television to talk, aggressively, about a major economic issue without any demonstrable grasp of it ?

Deeku

Abbott has like a permanent smirk lol

Leigh Sales was kinda scary:eek:
hot!

After the Wii I will let the WiiU cool off for 12 months before I pick it up. Make sure there is at least 7-8 games I REALLY want to play. I have a quality PC so I can play the vast majority of stuff anyway. All I will miss out is the usual Zelda/Mario stuff.

If they remake LttP then I would be day one of course.

Sadly I'll probably still be Sony + PC person next gen, even without WipEout. Unless Nintendo actually makes a new F-Zero or preferably to me, hands it off to Nagoshi and Sega again. Then i might buy a Wii U when it reaches bomba prices.
Both solid plans. No pc, but I'll stick to the portables and a ps4 I guess.

Maybe this weekend I'll finally get around to playing that Japanese copy of Mario Kart with the wife, and maybe that 20¥ copy of Tecmo Super Bowl as well.

The show is so delightfully weird, but somehow it refrains from being bizarre. (I have to say Season Six so far isn't matching Season Five, with the exception of Gaiman's amazing episode)
I agree, five better than six. Five felt like the whole season was a fairy tale, just brilliant.

Yagharek

I've managed to avoid most launches, I learnt my lesson after the original Xbox. That's a pretty good policy though. I really would love to pick one console, has there been much talk about 3rd party games?

Hasnt been much news about third party games, beyond whats already known. TGS is on mid september, hopefully more news is out then, and also after the launch details are confirmed.

Apparently Abbott was destroyed on 730 tonight. I look forward to watching.

All he has to do is open his mouth in the general direction of someone who will ask a decent question. Such people are rare on his media appearance schedules though.

I am fucking speechless. So fucking speechless than even the news that my best mate has started to date my sister has elicited barely any response from me.

What the fuck Sony. I have defended the shit out of you over the years but this decision is a huge fucking spit in the face. They have done nothing but the highest quality titles FOR FUCKING YEARS. When you needed them to do a killer DD title for PSN they did it for you. When you needed them to support the PSP they did it for you. When you needed someone to make a launch title for the Vita that people gave a shit about THEY DID IT FOR YOU.

Without them going into the future Sony are much much much worse off. It isn't even a matter of finance. Without their games coming out on your consoles you are so much worse off. What are you going to fill those fucking gaps with now.

Just what.

Wait, what? When did this happen? Fucking hell.

edit: it's true. Contender eliminated :(

Gazunta

Until the PS3 came along I bought every wip'Eout" game released for every platform. Absolutely adored the series.

Ironically enough the N64 version was the best version of the first game. But really nothing beats 2097 with a neGcon.

Yagharek

Until the PS3 came along I bought every wip'Eout" game released for every platform. Absolutely adored the series.

Ironically enough the N64 version was the best version of the first game. But really nothing beats 2097 with a neGcon.

Playing Wipeout HD Fury with the 2097 OST comes pretty fucking close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom