• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Looks like not.
yTNoUm.png
Not stocking it or not just local? I was bitching and moaning about the Torquay one possibly being Geelong region at the time and not available anywhere else (and not available anywhere at all now, really... save for the odd petrol station that sells 600mL ones). Diet Rite one is available everywhere _b (and is almost as good, too)

Yeah, I originally suggested it may be available online at homeshop.com.au since I've found stuff there not at my local, but when I actually checked (which was the screenshot) it seems like it was indeed just the local store offering it.

Ydahs

Great news. Is there any discussion of him moving somewhere safer once he's up and about? What's the situation like where he is (or was it just some freak occurrence)?
If I'm not mistaken the hospital he's in is already safe. There's only a small part of Lebanon that's currently (or really only ever) dangerous and that's near the Syrian border. My dad's side of the family normally moves to their villages houses during such times, but my mum's side doesn't have anywhere to go.

The current clash is occurring in Bab al-Tibbaneh (Sunni, Sufi) and Jabal Mohsen (Alawites), which have a history dating back to the civil war, over 30 years ago. They begin clashes at almost any opportunity and unfortunately, the current war in Syria has ignited tensions once again. The army does little to get involved and many there are living in poverty, so most have nowhere to go.

Deeku

So I bought an ipad. But I didn't get one of those flippity flip magnet cover thingos.

Any good case recommendations? Or do I just go on ebay and get one of those cheap/ possibly cruddy faux leather ones?

Manager pulled me aside today and told me not to wear white socks anymore. I pull up my pant leg and show her I'm wearing black ankle socks. "oh, it was your skin". -_- I didn't think I was that pale...

I'm also pissed at how expensive soundwave is now going to be =/ at least I have Blink182/ possible syd-gaf meet up to look forward to.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A part of me wants to hate NSMB2 because the coin thing is definitively a gimmick, and a pretty lame one at that, and the whole game screams "map pack". But I'll be damned, the level design is really quite excellent.

Fuck you Nintendo. Stop making me enjoy myself.

Ydahs

A part of me wants to hate NSMB2 because the coin thing is definitively a gimmick, and a pretty lame one at that, and the whole game screams "map pack". But I'll be damned, the level design is really quite excellent.

Fuck you Nintendo. Stop making me enjoy myself.

So if you take out the coin collecting, it's still a solid SMB game? Might have to buy this one.

Yagharek

The coin colleting isnt intrusive. Or it doesnt seem that required at this stage (finished world 1 tonight). Yes, it keeps your tally, and yes you end up with a lot of lives (I'm on 70 lives and 8000 coins) but the levels themselves are short and sharp.

I really like it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So if you take out the coin collecting, it's still a solid SMB game? Might have to buy this one.

As Vince said, the coin collection isn't intrusive. It's actually one of my disappointments :lol. It's basically same-old Mario coin collection, enhanced with a coin tracker, optional coin rush mode, and a handful of power-ups and gimmicks that grant more coins than usual. Otherwise the actual game is Mario is as Mario does, only with more coins than normal, which are used for nothing other than lives.

So far the levels seem pretty well designed though, even if they're almost all reusing assets. They're fun, so yay.

markot

Banned
Wish they ditched the 3d models and did sprites...

I also hate how lazy overworlds are now... Mario world was so awesome...

I suggest to you (and everyone!!!!) that you start up a fund so you can send him (if he wants to) on exchange over a gap year. It was such an amazing, eye opening experience for me. I grew up a lot, and surely gained a better understanding of the way the world worked. I don't know if you'd be keen to part with him for three/six/twelve months, but its really something wonderful.

story time?

Anyone tried Kettle's version of grainwaves, they are amazing?

Which flavour do you recommend? I got the cheddar and red onion jam one today will eat tomorrow.

A little. Did you see his AMA reddit thread this morning? He seems like a cool dude.

Cool of him to confirm the britta dinosaur thing.

Darklord

Banned
Where would be the best place to buy old consoles? Preferably boxed. I'm thinking of building a bit of a collection(nothing crazy) but I feel that ebay will all be over priced.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Where would be the best place to buy old consoles? Preferably boxed. I'm thinking of building a bit of a collection(nothing crazy) but I feel that ebay will all be over priced.

Ebay. You could try your luck at places like cashies, red cross joints etc. You always see some lucky fucker on reddit in the US finding some old system in amazing condition at similar places.

Garage sales as well although I can't see those being boxed.

It would be hard to find boxed consoles to begin with. Would have to be on very lucky person.

Darklord

Banned
Ebay. You could try your luck at places like cashies, red cross joints etc. You always see some lucky fucker on reddit in the US finding some old system in amazing condition at similar places.

Garage sales as well although I can't see those being boxed.

It would be hard to find boxed consoles to begin with. Would have to be on very lucky person.

What are decent prices for them, would you have any idea? Or is there anyway to find out about that? Say a boxed SNES or NES. I don't want to go on Ebay and end up paying $180 for one then find out they're normally $50...

Edit: I found one snes boxed for $200.

Argh it ate my post. Cookie's right, second-hand shops and eBay are your best bet. Check the prices of auctions on eBay, there's usually heaps and you'll soon figure out the appropriate prices. Boxed will carry a premium.

Or you could try overseas sites like Mandarake (do they ship overseas?). e.g. they currently have a boxed Lynx for sale.

Omikron

What are decent prices for them, would you have any idea? Or is there anyway to find out about that? Say a boxed SNES or NES. I don't want to go on Ebay and end up paying $180 for one then find out they're normally $50...

Edit: I found one snes boxed for $200.

The console is worth what you are willing to pay, if you think peoples asking prices are too much, don't pay it. Sure there is a 'rough' average price, but it really varies so much with old stuff, especially via ebay. (I was looking for a NES not that long back)

That is my theory when buying old / collectable stuff.

That is my theory when buying old / collectable stuff.
Yeah I have the same. Look at average prices of something to figure out what's fair and what isn't, but if you buy something at n dollars and feel it's a fair price at the time, who cares if you could've saved three dollars by waiting a day?

Dead Man

Just got news that my cousin, aged only 13, got shot in the stomach in Lebanon. A lot of my family is caught in the middle of what might become a civil war :(

Damn, hope they pull through. And get somewhere safe.

Heh, the horrid day continues. Turns out the girl who died in that car crash on the Western Ring Rd in Melbourne was my brother's former classmate and my sister's close friend.

But finally some good news regarding my cousin. The bullet penetrated the small intestines and hip bone, but it was removed through surgery and he should pull through.

Shit, good and bad. Glad your cousin is okay though, could have been much worse.

Jintor

Dark Souls has a resomolution patch, time to figure out where to get it on PC

maybe pick up sleeping dogs as well, I don't know

...in two weeks after all my assignments are done

I'm tempted to get NSMB2 as a download, given the price on the US store is only $40. Paying retail is, of course, outrageous and immoral, but it's still cheaper than importing a physical copy. Decisions decisions...

Yagharek

Wii U threads in gaming have gone silly again, thanks to AC3 news.

Its going to be like Wii all over again isnt it (the entirety of discussion around it is going to be focussed on power vs the other two consoles). For. Six. Whole. Years.

Again.

Clipper

I'm tempted to get NSMB2 as a download, given the price on the US store is only $40. Paying retail is, of course, outrageous and immoral, but it's still cheaper than importing a physical copy. Decisions decisions...

That's what I did and I'm loving it. The bonus 50 coins (so 120 CN coins total for the game once the post play survey arrives, with the retail total being 70 coins) on Club Nintendo were also very gladly received.

hamchan

I'm actually quite sick of NSMB and I haven't even bothered to finish the Wii one yet. NSMB2 looks super uninspired and looks like it has less changes than the yearly CoD. It's $30 when I buy it with my 3DS XL though, so I might as well pick it up now since it'll stay at $60 for the next 3 years anyways.

Sorry VKS, I was talking to Clipper. I don't think I made that clear enough. I remember Clipper had to send his 3DS in for repair and then encountered issues when they realised the return shipping address was one of those proxy shipping companies.

I thought I remember something about issues with his Club Nintendo account after that.

I could be wrong, though.

MAN FUCK MOVING. Got barely anything done, washing machine was heavy as fuck and I need to have the garden fucking spotless by Wednesday. AND I didn't ask for time off work. AND the wife can't get much done due to some little creature in a blue tshirt hanging off her leg the whole time since no-one can take him at all.

AND I paid $60 to get the home phone transferred so EFTel could transfer the internet until they come back today and say there are no ports available! And that my 12 month old plan isn't offered any more so it would need to be a new contract anyway! A new contract with fucking 24 month terms when I paid $70 initally so I DIDN'T need a fucking timespan stuck on it!

So I called up Dodo and apparently they CANNOT run their internet on a Telstra homephone! The fuck! So I had to cancel the Telstra line and sign up with a whole package with Dodo (which works out cheaper monthly) WITH a $60 connection fee for the phone which ISN'T FUCKING LISTED ON THE WEBSITE YOU LYING FUCKERS I SHOULD GO TO THE ACCC ON YOUR ARSES. Was on the phone for two and a half hours getting it setup (sorry work!) and it is only for the phone! Within the next 10 days the phone will be connected and they will call back to offer me an internet plan! NEVER GOING TO GET FUCKING INTERNET AGAIN AM I??? :(

Although Telstra were very very nice on the phone to deal with. Will suck when they send those jobs offshore like Choc was saying.

ALSO FUCK MOVING

ALSO I HAVE AN ASSIGNMENT DUE IN 10 DAYS I HAVEN"T STARTED >_<

Finally started playing the walking dead. Had been putting it off for whatever reason.

But damn if it isn't amazing.
First Ep was great, holding off until the whole lot are released and I can buy the whole thing for $10 again. Or until AU PSN+ gets it free like the US already did.

Or you could try overseas sites like Mandarake (do they ship overseas?). e.g. they currently have a boxed Lynx for sale.
I still need to find my Lynx since I offered it to someone on GAF years ago >.>

I agree printer drivers are the bane of my existence, always a fucking conflict somewhere because of them or they chew up too much RAM.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Who is AusGAF is going get Guild Wars 2 and play on Storm Bluff Isle with me? (Official GAF server).

Going pre-purchase it soon I think. Can't wait!

Heh. What do you want?

I can probably part with a NES, Saturn, and Mega CD2. None of them are boxed though, and I might be missing some cords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom