• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Loldo

Also, passed my P2 test. $38 for the test, $17 for P1->P2 and $55 for 12 month renewal. Luckily I had a nice guy, so he dropped the $17 fee

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
And today I just got my learners!

Just haft to hold it for 6-months so I can move on to P2. (since I'm 21).

senahorse

So 3DS XL games on eshop.

I understand they are RRP there, are there any other downsides to going all digital on the platform over retail, ignoring the usual suspects (e.g. game ownership, physical copies etc)?

Yagharek

So 3DS XL games on eshop.

I understand they are RRP there, are there any other downsides to going all digital on the platform over retail, ignoring the usual suspects (e.g. game ownership, physical copies etc)?

Might want to wait til there's an account system before deciding whether you trust it or not?

I think the convenience factor would help big time for a persistent game like Animal Crossing. For regular games, I'm not convinced.

At the very least, it might just make it more viable to release niche Jp games on PAL 3DS rather than risk large unsold inventory. Thinking along the lines of Time Travellers here.

senahorse

Might want to wait til there's an account system before deciding whether you trust it or not?

I think the convenience factor would help big time for a persistent game like Animal Crossing. For regular games, I'm not convinced.

At the very least, it might just make it more viable to release niche Jp games on PAL 3DS rather than risk large unsold inventory. Thinking along the lines of Time Travellers here.

Fair enough, I will stick to retail for now, thanks for response.

jambo

Only 6 months to go before I can get my full license!

Yeah not bad at all. Fucking big though.

Yeah I only got through about 3/4 of it before I gave up. Not for the taste though, just too much in one sitting.

Had one yesterday. Not bad for Maccas. It doesn't have the same taste that every other burger seems to have.

Yeah, as soon as I took a bite I was very surprised at the flavour. Good lamb flavour and no hint of that Maccas taste.

Mine had too much bread not enough sauce, I really like the lamb wrap though!

Mine was the opposite haha, dripping with sauce.

I might give the wrap a crack at some point.

Had a Grill'd 'Hot Hombre' burger for lunch. It was... interesting.

Chicken, frijoles, onions, tomato, crisp tortilla, avocado, cheese and the bun. It was like a quesadilla burger!

Rezbit

Had a Grill'd 'Hot Hombre' burger for lunch. It was... interesting.

Chicken, frijoles, onions, tomato, crisp tortilla, avocado, cheese and the bun. It was like a quesadilla burger!

Take out the avo and I'm all over that. Man I wish we had a Grill'd down here. Fffuuuuu forgot to go there when I was in Melbs.

Axiom

Who is AusGAF is going get Guild Wars 2 and play on Storm Bluff Isle with me? (Official GAF server).

Going pre-purchase it soon I think. Can't wait!

I pre-purchased it, but I have to wait until the 28th since I'm late to the party.

Yes I'm bitter.

Clipper

I thought your US Account was having problems because they found out you were in Australia?

Sorry VKS, I was talking to Clipper. I don't think I made that clear enough. I remember Clipper had to send his 3DS in for repair and then encountered issues when they realised the return shipping address was one of those proxy shipping companies.

I thought I remember something about issues with his Club Nintendo account after that.

I could be wrong, though.
Yes, they deleted my account. I created a new one started again from scratch, this time using my mate's name who lives in the US.

I use my credit card on the US and JP shops just fine...
This stopped working for me too after the first update... time to try it again, I guess. What do you use for the postcode?

jambo

Just had the weirdest issue at work.

Someone was replying to an email, but getting a bounce back from out internal spam filter saying there was a spam URL contained within the email. Being as useless as they normally are, the bounce back messages didn't tell me which URL was at fault.

I checked through on someone's advice and found that a missing space meant that two sentences merged together like so

"...get the materials.it is important..."

It picked up materials.it as being the spam URL. Complete fluke.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I pre-purchased it, but I have to wait until the 28th since I'm late to the party.

Yes I'm bitter.
Did you get it from GMG? I was tempted by that option, but opted for the official site since I'd love to get into the game early, as I'm going be busy next week.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The World Ends With You countdown = Arrangement album and iOS port, despite fans eager for a new game.

Square-Enix Japan sucks. Square-Enix US/UK is fucking fantastic.

As stupid as that TWEWY countdown thing was, I'm hesitant to say Square-Enix Japan suck when they just recently released Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Card Boy

Banned
Can i have some AusGaf opinions on the following? Are these good games? (X360)

-Lolipop Chainsaw (will i like this if i liked No More Heroes?)
-Ace Combat 6
-Saints Row 2
-Eternal Sonata

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Can i have some AusGaf opinions on the following? Are these good games? (X360)

-Lolipop Chainsaw (will i like this if i liked No More Heroes?)
-Ace Combat 6
-Saints Row 2
-Eternal Sonata

The only bad game on there is Eternal Sonata.

I'm sure the rest are okay, but I wouldn't reccomend ES to anyone.

Yagharek

Nsmb2 is brilliant. I love the raccoon suit, and the music is catchy too. Lots of secrets already. Only thing I don't like is mid world bosses which are piss easy, and the background. Apart from that, it's fun.

Of course 3d land is closer to Galaxy.

Square Enix is embarrassing compared to Square Eidos. Deus Ex 3 and Sleeping Dogs have been classics for me. Almost got the itch to do another de3 run already!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
As stupid as that TWEWY countdown thing was, I'm hesitant to say Square-Enix Japan suck when they just recently released Theatrhythm and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

That's true. Not fond of Kingdom Hearts, but I love Theatrhythm (Theatrhythm Nier please).

I suppose being a PC gamer the quality of SE's Western products are all the more impressive.

Shaneus

Okay. Anyone miss out on Torchlight 2 as part of a four-pack for PC but was somewhat interested? $15 or so. Comes with the first Torchlight if yer keen.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
SE Japan still release quality games like Tactics Ogre : Let us cling together. Which I insist is more than just a "remake" it's very different from the original, might as well be a different game.

Still need to play Nier to.

Tactics Ogre was awesome.
Nier was awesome.
Hell even Resonance of Fate was awesome.
Everyone should get Alpha Protocol. It is awesome times a thousand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom