• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1chard

So I didn't come back into here last night after my ranty mcranterson rant because Batman finally started working (it turns out LIVE has a password restriction - any password longer than about 8 characters is silently truncated at input and then attempts to use the longer password fail quite inexplicably - not with a "you got your password wrong" message or anything)

AND BATMAN IS AWESOME.

First time I've been up past midnight playing a game for quite some time.

Also, fuck Apple.

Edit: also, watching my daughter playing DragonBox and learning the fundamentals of algebra in a really fun way (she doesn't want to stop playing) is something to behold. Wow.

Shaneus

Damn, I think I might have to buy that Transformers. Was it on sale or something? I had honestly not heard of it until I saw people talking about it in the last few days.

$50 on Steam but if it's really cheap elsewhere (and Steamworks) then I might be tempted.

Even though I'm still playing Sleeping Dogs :/

Jintor

So I didn't come back into here last night after my ranty mcranterson rant because Batman finally started working (it turns out LIVE has a password restriction - any password longer than about 8 characters is silently truncated at input and then attempts to use the longer password fail quite inexplicably - not with a "you got your password wrong" message or anything)

God I hate GFWL

Deeku

Speaking of Batmen, is the first game still worth playing? Been thinking of maybe getting into the series and figured I'd just skip the first and start with the latest game.

Shaneus

Anyone here having problems with checking updates via the iOS app store? It's broken as fuck pour moi... I can see there are 9 updates, but every time I try the updates tab it "Cannot connect to whatever".

Damn, I think I might have to buy that Transformers. Was it on sale or something? I had honestly not heard of it until I saw people talking about it in the last few days.

$50 on Steam but if it's really cheap elsewhere (and Steamworks) then I might be tempted.

Even though I'm still playing Sleeping Dogs :/

I hadn't really heard of it until a couple of weeks ago. Then someone showed me the Metroplex trailer and I was immediately sold.
I got it on 360 for cheap because I had a crapload of old games I wanted to get rid of. No idea how much it was without the trade ins though. Or on Steam. Or if its even on PC.

Oh, one sweet thing is you can design your own transformer for multiplayer. Unfortunately only one option controls your vehicle design, but the robot is pretty customisable.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
5 hour layover in Auckland and I cant use the Qantas club because my flight, booked through the Qantas website is now a Jetstar plane.

bullshit.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Speaking of Batmen, is the first game still worth playing? Been thinking of maybe getting into the series and figured I'd just skip the first and start with the latest game.

Asylum = Metroid
City = Zelda

Asylum comes together as a complete game better than City. Tighter pacing, better story, and good puzzles. City ends a little abruptly, and feels less cohesive. Both games are excellent and there's no reason not to play both.

Yagharek

He is drawing a long bow. I'm asking genuine questions about the logic as to why cigarette sales should be protected. Apparently that's not on.

Jintor

I can't believe I've probably read over 20,000 words on corporate social responsibility and legal entity status but can probably sum it all up in less than 1,200 or so

Fuck i hate writing legal papers and not articles

r1chard

That's what I'm playing now and it's awesome. Even without physx, which I'm sure is worth the price of nvidia entry or something.

Am currently in the middle of making my first puff pastry (in the French style.) Doubled the recipe so I can split it between an apple tart that my daughter wants to make and (hopefully) some croissants for breakfast tomorrow :)

"in the French style" sounds so goddamn dodgy ;-)

Next time I move house I'm just going to burn it down and start fresh with the insurance money.

SUCK EGGS FUTURE INSURANCE INVESTIGATOR, I WATCHED BATMAN SO I WON'T LEAVE A TRACE OF EVIDENCE YOU CLOD!

Jintor

Looking at the USA and I'm beginning to think representative democracy isn't all it's cracked up to be. Father-knows-best or Benevolent Dictatorship is clearly the way to go.
It's that or they really need to reform their electoral process

Yagharek

Looking at the USA and I'm beginning to think representative democracy isn't all it's cracked up to be. Father-knows-best or Benevolent Dictatorship is clearly the way to go.
It's that or they really need to reform their electoral process

It's not really democracy though. It's corrupted by lobbyists, corporations, rich old men and the militant puritan element.

midonnay

Singapore is probably the best example...... but any opposition is drowned out by anti defamation laws

Works fine if you don't disagree with the government.

Naitanui is too big for afl :p

Salazar

The lesson here is never catch public transport on a weekend.

No choice. Although I did consider leaping off the bus and sprinting all the way along the bike track to uni.

Awful bogans on the bus and on the train. One woman, her brain totally wiped out by booze, carrying pot plants. She actually reached into my bag (which had a bottle of champagne in it from the conference) and asked if she could "git some waterr for me plants".

No. Just no. Leave me.

Deeku

Asylum = Metroid
City = Zelda

Asylum comes together as a complete game better than City. Tighter pacing, better story, and good puzzles. City ends a little abruptly, and feels less cohesive. Both games are excellent and there's no reason not to play both.
Hey I know metroid and zelda, I like those games! Guess that settles it, will play both.

Salazar said:
Awful bogans on the bus and on the train. One woman, her brain totally wiped out by booze, carrying pot plants. She actually reached into my bag (which had a bottle of champagne in it from the conference) and asked if she could "git some waterr for me plants".
D:

Funny, but kinda scary.

Ya know, I've only ever had one encounter with a bogan/bum. Few years ago, I was waiting for the bus and this guy came up to me, gestured to shake my hand and said "how do you do?". I was like "errrrr". Then he was all "shake my hand!". I reply "nah I'm alright". Then he pokes me in the chest, kinda hard, and walks off:/

Pretty messed up yo! lol

Oh, Asylum is still totally worth playing. Does quite a few things better than City, though has a worse end game than City.

Gazunta

Desktop computer died today. Looks like the hard drive is toast. I can replace it easily enough (I have a 64GB SSD sitting here and a fresh install of Win7 just waiting to go), but im in the middle of some huge deadlines and I really don't have time for the crap with the OS installation and setting up... Damn it. I just realized that was my iTunes and Photoshop set up. That's going to suck getting fixed up again...

But I gotta say, God damn am I grateful for Dropbox and Google Docs. Desktop machine dies, I calmly walk out to the lounge room, tap on the iPad and I just continue writing from where I left off seamlessly.

Christ all fucking mighty writing on an iPad sucks.

Agh fucking shit I just realized I'll have to make next weeks comics entirely on an iPad. Stick figure comics time.

Grr.

Just...way too much going on to have to deal with this nonsense too. Maybe I should just buy a laptop...

...and never play games on it

Clearly Safe Mode and the System Restore idea didn't work. You could try out Ubuntu Live (hopefully it'll have The Gimp included) without installing. You should even be able to access some of your existing data.

Just don't click install if you want to keep your data!

Is anyone with an idevice getting weird results you try to click on a google search result? Im getting some weird results. Like something's been hacked weird. Bing works though and thats not a phrase i thought id ever use.

Gazunta

Clearly Safe Mode and the System Restore idea didn't work. You could try out Ubuntu Live (hopefully it'll have The Gimp included) without installing. You should even be able to access some of your existing data.

Shit, that's a good idea, thanks. At least I can start using a proper keyboard again to beat the deadlines and worry about the rest next week. I'm pretty sure I have some old Knoppix live CD somewhere. Thanks!

pretty sure it doesn't come with gimp installed.

Guild wars 2 pre purchase is happening and I'm not at my computer. :(

edit: how much is a nexus 7? I'm using an android tablet and I'm kinda enjoying it haha

midonnay

Gmote works really great on the n7 (vlc frontend)

Takes about 5 seconds to set up and streams everything I throw at it except pure bluray backups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom