• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

Melbourne is CLEARLY the best choice. 1) because I live there and 2) it's the most liveable city so something something better than Sydney.
1. But your avatar resides in Sydney...
image.php

2. As if attendees of PAX actually care about a city being livable. A livable city means nothing when you don't go outdoors to live in it :p.

Shaneus

See, this is what I missed about AusGAF. Simpsons posting runs and Reptilescorpio being intent on keeping my wallet completely empty.

fun fact. There will be children born around the time I stopped watching the Simpsons (2000-2001) starting high school around about now.

Shaneus

You crazy car, I don't know whether to eat you or kiss you.
If someone could find me the clip of the TV show that starred Charles Bronson as every character, I'd love you forever.

BTW Rep: Is the Kubrick collection the only one on Blu-Ray? I opened up each link I was interested in and that one was the only one that was BR :(

Kritz

Banned
I'd love for a SydPAX, because then I'd beat Clipper with doing the Eastern Shore AusGAF Meetup race. But now that I'm a master of Brisbane CBD I could handle it being there.

I still don't like Melbourne at all. >_>

So, what I'm saying is, TasPAX.

Shaneus

Update: Looks like there's a few on BR, but not many. Only other good value ones IMO are Inception BR/DVD @ $7.50, Departed/Blood Diamond and Last Samurai/V for Vendetta @ $9.85 each.

Their page also reminded me, everyone needs to see The Informant! with Matt Damon. Fucking great movie.

Shaneus

I'm still hanging to see the new Transformers go for cheap :/

Oh hey, if anyone's in Geelong tonight and is bored, I'm filling in for a DJ friend at Mr. Hyde's for most of tonight (I think 10-12?) so come in if you've got nothing to do and want to hear some awesome-o music.

PS. Ordered Kubrick set and Inception for a grand total of $25.10. Make sure you register an account for additional discounts!

Spent hundreds of dollars at My Hydes and still never gone further than door -> bar -> toilet -> REPEAT LAST TWO STEPS A LOT -> door

Oh yeah, gonna get Dark So-oh wait.

Can still get it for $40 elsewhere, but...
Yes I'm still bitter

Sleeping Dogs is currently $35 on there for a few more hours!

I'd love for a SydPAX, because then I'd beat Clipper with doing the Eastern Shore AusGAF Meetup race. But now that I'm a master of Brisbane CBD I could handle it being there.

I still don't like Melbourne at all. >_>

So, what I'm saying is, TasPAX.

maybe Tamworth PAX. I'd pay just to see the advertising

Kritz

Banned
Also, new build of my game. I've abstracted the level design a bit for testing purposes. I think ideally I want to mix the architectural stuff I was going for with the previous build with the floating linear thing going on right now.

There's still a design issue of the physics blocks falling off the level. I haven't come up with a good way to resolve that yet. Or, rather, I haven't decided what my philosophy should be on letting users break the levels. If I should reset elements of a challenge if the player fails (making me rethink why I have that element of the challenge that allows them to critically fail), or just have enough, say, alternate solutions that the probability of critically failing to proceed is rendered incredibly improbable (and perhaps then still having a single path through a challenge that can never be broken / is always reset when broken).

Video game design ~

http://kritz.net/personal/unity/Vlander/build07/WebPlayer.html

Deeku

What do you do at a pax? Apart from walking around and street passing and going to a giantbomb panel or gfw radio which won't happen here..:(

senahorse

2115719439_Cat_CatWearingPartyHatItsMyBirthday_xlarge.jpeg

Actually, my gf is making me one right now :D

On another note, Mario 3D Land is just plain awesome. Love them or hate them, Nintendo really get good level design.

Yagharek

One month in I'm struggling to find anything on the android store worth playing or paying for. People really think smartphone games are the future?

About the only fun I had was reporting a bible app for objectional content on the basis of hateful/abusive content.

There are PLENTY of clones of AAA console titles that are pretty good. Grabbed the Saints Row & NOVA3 ones. Also The Lorax for the little guy to read on the Touchpad :)

Get ScummVM going on that thing Vince! Play back through all the classic adventure games!

What's the point of a Kubrick collection without Strangelove? Ordered it and Sarah Connor Chronicles anyway. Amazing price.

They cut out Spartacus and Dr Strangelove in the local release :/

Must have been licencing issues. Because both movies should have gotten in at the expense of Eyes Wide Shut and/or Lolita! (IMO of course)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hrm some SSD sale over on ozbargain. Tempted to pick up the 64GB samsung for server and 240GB sandisk for PC.

Been up since 2:20am watching dota 2, along with rahk. Woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom