• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, there's a new series of Red Dwarf: X this month in the UK. they all look sooooo old in the trailer that im too lazy to link to.

Deeku

Feels extra cold tonight, haircut today makes it even worse:/

shanshan310 said:
Noooo. Yowie had the Australian animals and stuff!
I just remember getting really crappy somethings inside. Kinder surprise toys were usually awesome, like things you had to assemble and stuff!

codswallop said:
Kinder Surprise don't contain toys in the US.
That suckssssss! Guess the surprise would be the white inside then?...great.

Clipper

Holy shit, there's a new series of Red Dwarf: X this month in the UK. they all look sooooo old in the trailer that im too lazy to link to.

I was actually seriously pondering whether I should buy tickets to fly over there for the filming back when it was announced. I really would have loved to have gone. I can't wait to finally see the new eps...

how the fuck does a ps3 die and corrupt itself with fucking iview?!

god fucking damn this generation
IIRC, I was watching iView when my first PS3 went to the YLoD... Oh no wait, it was PlayTV. iView never cause me any problems, apart from crashing due to running out of memory a little too frequently sometimes.

Shaneus

Catch-up time:

Yowies were shit. Kinder had the better chocolate and better toys.

Jase: My maths is shit. You were born in 1980?

Mike Myers should be better known from his work in So I Married An Axe-Murderer. Woah, man.

I hope Essendon won. Or at least, gave the Pies a good scare. Glad Geelong soundly pantsed Sydney.

I have some new light globes for my headlights on my car. They're not quite legal, but man they're white!

Y'all are missing late-night AusGAF Steam chat.

Spoilers: It is mostly YouTubes of music and drunk lyrics shouted at one another.

Which is cool.

Nope, but I did buy a new car, am building a house and played a good amount of games. 3 months off gaf = time well spent. :p

Oh and I forgot to mention, I won the VCAT suit against gamewave and they had to send me Diablo 3 CE free. :)
Damn! Congrats on the productivity dude!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh, MGS game play footage .. Oh wait. It's 10 seconds of some dude walking around. How fucking unexciting can you get.

Watch dogs looks better too.

Wait, you're older than me? I mean, given how you act on here, I had you picked for being at LEAST a 90s kid.
That's a far more astute observation than I believed someone of your phrenological limitations would have allowed. Well done.

As it stands, I've never grown up so I am a child of every decade. This has become a matter of much consternation as teachers are increasingly more alarmed at my appearance at the schoolyard during lunchtime.

I'm amazed that despite the fact that the 80s make me cringe with all of its teased hair, overuse of fluoro, fingerless gloves, leg warmers, the proliferation of the colour pink,craptacular dancing and hats that were brims only, I have quite the fondness for it.

I think, however, it's due more to some of the music, cartoons and movies viewed through the rosy-tint of hindsight more than anything else.

r1chard

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads here. I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast in bed of pancakes, fresh coffee, hand-made card and the $2 brain teaser gizmo bought from the stall at the school. Also: no dinky laminated tie this year! Win!

Danoss

Hi AusGAF.

Some members convinced me that GAF was running a script to find and ban C-word users. So I'm back, if anyone cares.

Can I get a woop woop from the 90's-ausgaf?
Hi AusGAF.

Some members convinced me that GAF was running a script to find and ban C-word users. So I'm back, if anyone cares.
Or spies and snitches everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Except this thread maybe...
Oh my gawd new Doctor Who oh mah gawwwwwwwwwwd

wheeeeeeee. Imma wait and see if I can get some study done first though.

So, my tutor has offered to mark 'draft essays' until friday next week. Given that I haven't started yet (its due in october), should I rush and try to get something decent in? I feel like the draft should be a complete essay, does it need to be?

also further to my Red Dwarf X post last night, here's the trailer

http://youtu.be/R7opdzX_4kE

I also caved and bought Sleeping Dogs last night off GMG. For $35, why not? I also re-bought Borderlands on 360 to continue my original playthrough (I sold the disc yonks ago) If it sticks with me I'll get Borderlands 2.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
10 minutes of gameplay was shown Cookie..... wait for the actual 15 minute presentation to come out, not just the cutscene.

I think it was 2 minutes of gameplay, snake creeping along the ground, getting into a jeep for 2 seconds, summoning a chopper and that was it. Going by what was put out. Not all that exciting.

Yagharek

Metal Gear new demo puts all western dev output to shame in terms of visual quality (and inevitably gameplay quality and code stability too).

Epic's UE4 just got upstaged (at least what's been shown of it) and this is only PS3/360 footage.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Metal Gear new demo puts all western dev output to shame in terms of visual quality (and inevitably gameplay quality and code stability too).

Epic's UE4 just got upstaged (at least what's been shown of it) and this is only PS3/360 footage.

What? That was running on a high end PC. It was not on current gen consoles. That was their next gen engine. It will be ported to the 360/PS3.

It was similar to watch dogs in presentation. Check out this cutscene, oh shit we are now in game, zomg graphics.

It's next gen. Not current gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom