• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I officially hate working on a weekend.

Also I hate linux. I also hate everything. Gah.

One month in I'm struggling to find anything on the android store worth playing or paying for. People really think smartphone games are the future?

About the only fun I had was reporting a bible app for objectional content on the basis of hateful/abusive content.

iOS store contains more games, plus since it's policed it needs to meet certain criteria.

That is the most depressing thing I have ever read. Jesus.

Standing on the shoulders of giants. We are through the post-modern looking glass, people.

grampavs-sexualinadequacy6_thumb.png

I wish Conan could have written an episode of Futurama back in the day, just for old times sake.

isnt there still heaps of stuff thats blatant rom dumps with a name change?

On iOS or Android? Since Android isn't a walled garden you can just jump online and download whatever you want and transfer to your phone. pretty much impossible to stop piracy on Android, main problem though is compatability issues. Too many fucking versions of Android and handsets to get it all running perfect without going overbudget compared to iOS stuff.

Yagharek

On both. Ive heard of pirated versions of pokemon etc being sold on iOS for 99c.

Walled garden or not, its not like a lot of stuff isnt going to sneak through by brute force of numbers of submissions.

Ventron

Yay! At PAX Prime! Sucked in fellow Aussies! Nyahnanana.....

*Gabe and Tycho announce PAX Australia 2013*

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Salazar

Told the crowd did not appreciate his lack-lustre effort, Tomic said: "That's your prediction. I have mine. That's how I play. If you think that's that, it's up to you. What is your name?

Swanton: "Will."

Tomic: "Will who?

Swanton: "Will Swanton."

Tomic: "From?"

Swanton: "Reuters."

Tomic: "I'll remember you."

lol, what a pissant

midonnay

On both. Ive heard of pirated versions of pokemon etc being sold on iOS for 99c.

Walled garden or not, its not like a lot of stuff isnt going to sneak through by brute force of numbers of submissions.

difference is that you don't even have to jailbreak an android phone to installed pirated stuff...

it really is a clusterfuck imo :/

I think the latest version, jellybean, offers signed apks?

maybe that will help....

ps: still have 23 bucks of free google money from the n7.... Horn looks tempting.

Happy bithday x3n05! How old are you? IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING

Just came back from seeing Moonrise Kingdom. Sweet and odd (like every Anderson film). Enjoyable but I wouldn't put it near my preferred Anderson films. One critic said this which is pretty interesting:

"Anderson's best live-action feature" because "it takes as its primary subject matter odd, precocious children, rather than the damaged and dissatisfied adults they will one day become."

I think I prefer the damaged adult stories.

Warner Bro are having a big Blu Ray sale on their website. You can get the Kubrick pack for $23! (Was $20 at Sanity a while back) Also 20% off for new customers or something. Free postage over $50.

Got this. Came to $19.15 with the new member discount. :)
Only one in the box I haven't seen is Lolita so keen to see that. Still need to see Paths of Glory and The Killing too. I also already own 2001 on Blu but it's still worth it for such a low price.

Their page also reminded me, everyone needs to see The Informant! with Matt Damon. Fucking great movie.

Was an odd film but definitely enjoyable.

What's the point of a Kubrick collection without Strangelove?

My thoughts exactly. Oh well.

Gazunta

I have a working PC again! New Windows 7 install on a 64GB SSD, and a new 1TB HDD to store all the Steam games on
that I will never ever play

Can't wait to get Photoshop going on this and crank out the next book for Supanova. Any last minute game requests?

Hey guys.... what happened to Yowies? They were so exciting. Picking the colour... discovering the animal inside... But I don't remember seeing them on shop shelves in years. I never noticed until today, and now I'm feeling rather sad.

Also this thread needs more simpsons quotes.

wonzo

Banned
Hey guys.... what happened to Yowies? They were so exciting. Picking the colour... discovering the animal inside... But I don't remember seeing them on shop shelves in years. I never noticed until today, and now I'm feeling rather sad.
according to wikipedia:

"In mid 2005 the Yowie was removed from sales in Australia and New Zealand. It was rumored that the Yowie's sales declined from 2001 onward."​

:(

Kinder Surprise don't contain toys in the US. I think they may have started this year but I'm not sure if the toy is outside the chocolate egg or if they still don't include them.

I don't think anyone in high school would even know who Mike Myers is at this point :/

STRANGELOVE

My thoughts exactly. Oh well.
You can grab it for around $15 from the UK. They have an awesome Digibook edition in the US too I think. Probably going to grab the Digibook of Spartacus at the end of the year.

Yowies chocolate tasted amazing

Borderlands 2 season pass DLC is $16 on the Aussie store. Get in quick as its a price mistake.
This is an amazing deal, I thought it was $30 in the US? Ton of content will be for that too, would expect another 3-4 packs.

Clearly we need ONE LAST AUSTIN POWERS MOVIE
The first Austin Powers was all we need. I can tolerate two, but that's it for the ones after the first.

What was really awesome was last year watching Austin Powers, telling the wife how it used all the James Bond tropes, then watching all the James Bond movies over a period of a few months then watching Austin Powers again.

midonnay

Happy bithday x3n05

Plex is like $5 to stream media from your computer to your N7. Also grab Plume for Twitter related activities.

I don't think they've updated it for jellybean yet.... I did try to buy it before but none of the videos would play properly.

anyways I ended up using gmote.... abit bare bones but it hasn't failed me yet

looks like North Melbourne screwed up and only slightly beat GWS....

Dockers would have to tank to face us ._.

ps: sydney... >_>

What was really awesome was last year watching Austin Powers, telling the wife how it used all the James Bond tropes, then watching all the James Bond movies over a period of a few months then watching Austin Powers again.

Also realising all the little cameos that we never understood back in the day. Like Will Ferrell!

senahorse

Thanks all, still waiting for the cake, I am not allowed to look :D

Cod I am an old C
arseldine resident in Brisbane that just hit 36 :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom