• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the 'sale' on the season pass for BL2. Kinda unsure if I want to play $40 for the DLC at this point, especially since it isn't out yet. I loved BL1 but I've known a few sequels to let you down. Bit torn and been burned too many times. Plus I don't really like supporting DLC that is planned before release, just feels like I'm getting ripped off for the initial purchase.

Also, Torchlight 2 is now apparently coming out close to Borderlands 2. That seems like a pretty bad move on their part, but then torchlight 2 is much cheaper than borderlands 2.

Season pass won't change price now though so no real reason to buy it until the first pack comes out.

Also the Torchlight 2 release date pretty much concluded any thoughts of buying Borderlands 2 for me.

Yagharek

I feel like dusting this off and playing it through soon. I think I rage quited and never went back after dying heaps on those slippery ice levels><

The only thing I rage quitted over was trying to find some hidden coins in one of the desert levels. It had Lakitu throwing spiky shells around and I could never find it. Got it now of course, 2 years after the fact.

The game still looks lovely. NSMB U is going to be a real stunner in HD.

r1chard

Anyone bought shoes from online stores in Au? I'm getting sick and tired of going to actual shoe stores to find they have nothing I like in my size (9).

Yes. Once. I bought one size too small, but it was about 1/3 the price, including shipping and other fees the banks like to charge.

Shaneus

Season pass won't change price now though so no real reason to buy it until the first pack comes out.

Also the Torchlight 2 release date pretty much concluded any thoughts of buying Borderlands 2 for me.
So you mean, Torchlight 2 would postpone your purchase of it? Interesting stuff.

There was a link to a great article in the Torchlight 2 Beta thread, that says this:
When I asked if there would be DLC, he said that anything Runic puts out will likely be freebies which will automatically download via Steam and simply appear the next time you play. "We want to do about one a month to remind people we're still around," he said, adding that these might include new set items or events.

This is from a $15 game! Fuck your "season pass" and "paid DLC". Runic are doing this shit right, first go. I hope they sell a billion copies of it. If it's one thing PC/console developers could learn from iOS, it's the "free shit to keep people playing" philosophy (a la Jetpack Joyride).

Clipper

Anyone bought shoes from online stores in Au? I'm getting sick and tired of going to actual shoe stores to find they have nothing I like in my size (9).

I buy my shoes from an online store in the US. The price markup on shoes in Australia is often much worse than it is for games even. I do often end up spending a ton of the money on shipping, but it's still nearly half the price of buying locally for the brand I like (Rockport in the wide sizes).

The place I use is shoemetro.com and I usually wait until they have a sale before buying. Oh, and if you want to try it, make sure you remember that US sizes are different to Aussie sizes. Check the tongue of your current shoes to see if they have the US sizes or use a size conversion chart. Shipping is currently $33 for the first pair and $10 for each pair thereafter, but it's fairly quick.

Oh, and a quick search shows that an Aussie 9 is a US 10.

Torchlight 2 will cover any lootwhoring needs I have for the rest of the year. Might grab Diablo 3 next year. Still haven't made it back to finishing Borderlands so won't grab the sequel.
Grand Final weekend will be me, some scotch, some children in the other room and me glued to Torchlight.

If it's one thing PC/console developers could learn from iOS, it's the "free shit to keep people playing" philosophy (a la Jetpack Joyride).
It's one thing I have really admired from the Halo producers, continued challenges or content to make it feel like a service that you keep around to have a go with every now and then rather than a one and done release. ESPECIALLY for games like Torchlight and Halo.

Kritz

Banned
aDrvb.png

AAAaaaand that's the final build today.

Shit, this is actually shaping up to be a thing. Still don't know what, but. At least it's going somewhere. And has more than 30 seconds of content.

I made the mistake of checking my work email while on holiday. Turns out some bit of work got knocked back on some irrelevant, pedantic detail and it made me want to SQUIRREL SMASH!!!!

I know it's not my problem, but damn does it ever piss me off >:-(

Last time I checked my work mail I was on the other side of the world and one of the guys I manage was quitting (I expected it, but thought he may wait until I returned before quitting since he'd only hinted at it).

Moral? Don't check work mail while on holiday, never works out well.

Shaneus

Torchlight 2 will cover any lootwhoring needs I have for the rest of the year. Might grab Diablo 3 next year. Still haven't made it back to finishing Borderlands so won't grab the sequel.
Grand Final weekend will be me, some scotch, some children in the other room and me glued to Torchlight.

It's one thing I have really admired from the Halo producers, continued challenges or content to make it feel like a service that you keep around to have a go with every now and then rather than a one and done release. ESPECIALLY for games like Torchlight and Halo.

Yeah, I can think of a few games off the top of my head that did that (Rallisport 2 was one) and I suppose Forza 4 kinda does it with the rivals challenges, but they get a massive, fuckoff red cross next to their name for nickel-and-diming on shit like store-exclusive preorder bonuses (that are later sold together in a pack, essentially nullifying whatever bonus you went for) and not having any track DLC.

Just import a UK version if money is an issue.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/wii-games/new-super-mario-bros-brothers-game-wii

They have it for $50.

Yeah I saw that. I go to order it and then it will take 2 weeks to turn up and I lose interest.

I made the mistake of checking my work email while on holiday. Turns out some bit of work got knocked back on some irrelevant, pedantic detail and it made me want to SQUIRREL SMASH!!!!

I know it's not my problem, but damn does it ever piss me off >:-(

That will teach you.

Love the new avatar, Dead Man. I'm not personally a big fan of his laid-back, adult contemporary surfer music but love it, none-the-less.

Maybe it's the beer talking Shaneus but you got a butt that won't quit...

By the way, did you know that someone on GAF has taken your "Webber Facial Moneyshot" avatar? I almost mistook them for you.

Shaneus

Maybe it's the beer talking Shaneus but you got a butt that won't quit...

By the way, did you know that someone on GAF has taken your "Webber Facial Moneyshot" avatar? I almost mistook them for you.
Who? Which one? I have avatars switched off.

Oh, wait. If it was Foliorum Viridium, I actually stole it off him and reversed it :D

Darklord

Banned
It's so hard to find a good N64 controller these days. They're either shitty chinese rip offs or only come with the full console.

Really wish I hadn't lost my ice blue controller. Man, I would so buy an ice blue 360 controller.

jambo

Man I've been having some major issues with Chrome and GIFs lately. If there are a lot of them and even sometimes just one, the whole browser will become choppy and unresponsive =\

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
guys i need costume ideas for a 21st that doesnt have a costume theme..

friend and i are going to go in costume anyway.

I wanna have a costume party but my friends are lame and I know that they won't dress up :( Last time I did all of them came as "extra ordinary man".

http://www.feitdirect.com/

Godlike. I grabbed something similar to these, but with cork. Beautifully made.
I've been meaning to ask you and Deek for advice about dressing boyfriend, but damn you guys have expensive taste.

guys i need costume ideas for a 21st that doesnt have a costume theme..

friend and i are going to go in costume anyway.

I'm going to second batman. Or gorilla suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom