• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

I've been meaning to ask you and Deek for advice about dressing boyfriend

Um, I only ever wear the same thing, really. Chinos, light blue shirt, dark jumper, blue/brown/green coat/jacket, soft brown leather shoes.

Boyfriend probably doesn't want to get into that rut.

Um, I only ever wear the same thing, really. Chinos, light blue shirt, dark jumper, blue/brown/green coat/jacket, soft brown leather shoes.

Boyfriend probably doesn't want to get into that rut.

Boyfriend is already in a rut of wearing the same thing, but the only shirt that isn't ripped now is his zerg one :p

nerdboyfriend.com
thesartorialist.com

cool site ^^ I don't know if he'd wear any of that though :p

Salazar

Boyfriend is already in a rut of wearing the same thing, but the only shirt that isn't ripped now is his zerg one :p

I wore two pairs of shorts and maybe three shirts through all of undergrad. I was a menace.

The least appealing kind of shorts imaginable, too. A sort of thick, stretchy cotton. Shameful.

Danoss

guys i need costume ideas for a 21st that doesnt have a costume theme..

friend and i are going to go in costume anyway.

There was a work party that was not a costume party at all. Two cool blokes decided to rock up as Elvis and Austin Powers, it was great.

At an actual costume party, a friend of mine got a science lab coat, some dorky glasses with the lenses punched out, a jar of lollies, and one of those child dolls that's mean to lean in the corner to look like they're crying. How did he gel this together? He put on all the clothes, put the child's head up against his crotch and went around handing lollies out to the children (other party goers). Distasteful, but also quite funny.

At a JB family an friends night, when they were a thing, I went as Mario one time, I tried to get another tall bloke to come with me as Luigi, but he didn't want to put in the effort. I went as the dude from Dead Rising on the next occasion.

Kritz

Banned
The fuck'd Shaneus do.
edit: oh.

edit2:

My guess is that someone fuckin' narced. I remember someone speculating here that there might be a script just searching for instances of it, but nah. Some weenie complained.

I still don't really comprehend / appreciate why the line was drawn at the C word. And why it's not just *'d out like it used to be before the profanity filter was lifted.

Yagharek

I tried to tell him yesterday with a subtle hint not to use that word when holycheck almost used it.

Can we put it in the OP every ausgaf now?

DONT USE THE C WORD PEOPLE

At least it doesn't seem like he knew, so they might make it a short one.
I wore two pairs of shorts and maybe three shirts through all of undergrad. I was a menace.

The least appealing kind of shorts imaginable, too. A sort of thick, stretchy cotton. Shameful.

Oh dear. I'm sure we've all had our fair share of bad fashion moments.

It just occurred to me.. how do you wear all that in summer? here?

Danoss

I still don't really comprehend / appreciate why the line was drawn at the C word. And why it's not just *'d out like it used to be before the profanity filter was lifted.

It really is ridiculous. Has it ever been noted that particular word was not to be used, or did people just start getting banned for it and then word of mouth notified people? If its the latter, and it seems to be, that is really poor.

I'd write and complain about it to the people who control this, but that would probably result in a ban also.

Deeku

Chinos, light blue shirt, dark jumper, blue/brown/green coat/jacket, soft brown leather shoes.
Old man/ I'm a tutor clothes! :p

shanshan310 said:
Well he's doing something right by not wearing ripped clothes! Do you like him wearing game/nerd tees?

I dno, when I was at uni I was mostly black/grey tees + nice jeans + high top sneakers. These days it's more or less the same, but more button down shirts instead of just tees. Though I am starting to slowly go towards the Sal route of blazer-ing it up! I also want a parka!

Danoss

I wonder if we can designate the AusGAF thread an independent country. A safe zone.

I used to think it was, until I was banned here. A couple of people lead me to believe a script is run to find the word, which is the only reason I returned.

My original theory is that someone dobbed. Since no one other than us has an interest in this thread, that would mean one of our own did it to me. I'm not well liked by many, but if even an AusGAF member would stoop so low, that is a concern.

senahorse

I remember being a university student. Saturdays on campus were pretty regular. Finishing assessments, meeting up for group work, cramming for a Monday morning exam or just going by the student hub for some free internet to browse Reddit on. Presumably, students at the University of Queensland were doing all of these things when all of the university’s official sites and email addresses stopped working on Saturday. The cause? The university had forgotten to renew its own domain name. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu–

The domain name in question — uq.edu.au — dropped out of registration early Saturday morning, affecting services across the whole campus including staff and student email, internet connectivity, shared student services, right down to a whole bunch of “miscellaneous” nonsense nobody would even expect.

Reports began flooding the IT department that anything involving *.uq.edu.au was having trouble resolving. It could only be one thing. A quick search of whois and the .edu.au zone revealed the problem.

Support staff scrambled to re-register the domain name which, for some reason, was still a manual process as uq.edu.au dropped out of name servers all over the internet.

The domain was re-registered and by 3:30pm, services gradually came back online. It took until 5:30pm for services to be restored to most, if not all ISPs.

Sauce

Bwahahaha

DVD quality The Matrix makes my eyes cry sadness :(

Late night trip fail.

Anything DVD quality is automatic fail (old tv shows excluded). HD has ruined me.

Cadbury Favourites, once you pop you can't stop.

Until all that is left is the horrible cherry ripes.

But I really have no idea how to dress guys.

Providing you know how to undress him I'm sure he doesn't care.

yes, I went there. And I'd do it again!

I just wish someone had beat them to re registering it. Now that would have been epic.

hey peeps, I am now a twit so I can follow my football teams. so feel free to follow me as I will might maybe say funny interesting stuff probably not.

theuntoldhero

Choc

Banned
i thought it was a pretty soft ban. As i said on twitter, mods keep moving the goalposts without actually communicating they have.

Yagharek

Yes and no. Theyve always been down on directly insulting other members. So you shouldn't be surprised given what you said.

The banning of the c-word is the new one since it was in fairly wide use until a couple of months ago.

Fredescu

As I've said to you a number of times Choc, you 100% deserved the ban. They've been banning for direct insults at least for the five years I've been here. Nothing soft about it at all.

Choc

Banned
i am not getting into it but when i got banned i found about 15 other pages were people had called each other twats and not banned

thats the problem, the bans are also very indiscriminate so some people get away with it and some not.

i accept the ban, but no one can say with a straight face the rules on gaf are applied evenly

For example last week in the MGS Zeroes thread there was a disgusting picture. Mod said next person to quote it will get banned

next person was eatchildren, didnt get banned :p

Fredescu

Not everyone that breaks the law gets caught and charged. That's life. You broke the rules and got caught. Suck it up and shut up about it for once!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
thats the problem, the bans are also very indiscriminate so some people get away with it and some not.
Ehh I totally disagree with this reasoning. Mods are only human, it's very much possible for them to miss bannable posts on occasion.

Yagharek

Chco, there are probably 30,000 active posters on the board. Not everyone who breaks a rule will get banned, but that doesn't mean you can break the rules.

It's just like real life. You can speed and probably won't get caught, but if you do and get a ticket, that's your bad luck for speeding and no-one else is to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom