• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
Not everyone that breaks the law gets caught and charged. That's life. You broke the rules and got caught. Suck it up and shut up about it for once!

eatchildren should have been banned for quoting that picture ;)

Using your analogy if a police officer is caught speeding they get booked right?

so why are the mods above the law....

:p

Fredescu

eatchildren should have been banned for quoting that picture ;)
Not sure what you're referring to, and I haven't been Gaffing much since I don't have proper internet at the moment, but I'm fairly sure the mods have denied that any particular meme is an insta ban.

so why are the mods above the law....
Pretty unlikely that you're going to find a mod doing something specifically against the ToS

Yagharek

Choc, let it go.

It was a short ban, you learnt something new and now you can move on. The law isn't perfect, mods aren't perfect, but it's over and done with.

Choc

Banned
Not sure what you're referring to, and I haven't been Gaffing much since I don't have proper internet at the moment, but I'm fairly sure the mods have denied that any particular meme is an insta ban.

Pretty unlikely that you're going to find a mod doing something specifically against the ToS

i will let it go but in the MGS zeroes announcement thread people were posting pictures of the Fox figure in high detail that was really kinda gross and everyone was getting the shits so the mods said anyone who quotes it now gets banned, everyone stopped. EC posted it.

:p

edit: 3 weeks was a lengthy ban in the grand scheme of things. Especially when it changed from 1 to 3 weeks without reason.

Fredescu

i will let it go but in the MGS zeroes announcement thread people were posting pictures of the Fox figure in high detail that was really kinda gross and everyone was getting the shits so the mods said anyone who quotes it now gets banned, everyone stopped. EC posted it.
That's not at all analogous to breaking the speed limit. That's like, someone made up a new law, who may or may not have had jurisdiction to make such a law, and then someone else broke it that same day.

you learnt something new
He hasn't learnt a thing!

Choc

Banned
Sure i have. I learnt that gaf mods are indiscriminate and you need to watch everything you say and just because one person said something and gets away with it, you may not.

:)

Fredescu

What you should have learnt:

- Never directly insult anyone on GAF. This is a ban on most other forums besides, so try not to do it anywhere on the internet.
- Don't post angry. You let some random Gaffer get you wound up and you lashed out.

What you took out of it:

- Literally 100% of all people who did what you did were not punished as you were, therefore you were hard done by.

bomer

Hey AusGaf! Just DL-ing some PS classics, isn't Tombi! meant to be available now? I can't see it on my Vita or PS3 and I've heard it's a must play.

midonnay

thats what cockney slang is for.... You're all Karmichael Hunts!!!

or could go the route of the french canadians and co-opt the innocuous as swear words...

like if I call you a pc gamer, I'm insulting your mother >_>

Deeku

In other non gaf news

sega jp sent me project diva

i am not sure if i should play this?
Do you like vocaloid music?
Do you like dressing up virtual idols?
Do you like...primary school swimsuits??????!!
Do you like music games?
Do you like creepy stuff?

If you answered yes to any of the above, play it.

it's actually a really good music game

Well I bought them :p I think its cute. But I really have no idea how to dress guys.

Take him shopping, pick a bunch of collared shirts his size that look classy. Say you think they'd look good on him. The next time you see him; he'll wear one because of brownie points.

If not, tackle him to the ground and forcefully dress him.

Yagharek

Choc, are you sure you were banned 3 weeks? Because looking at your post history you were posting on the 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 28th, 30th, 31st of August, and then again on September 1, 2, 3, and today.

The largest gap in your post history is August 5th to 8th. Which is hardly a 3 week ban.

Why did you get upset with being banned today for 3 weeks, and not once in the last 4 weeks of your posting?

Choc

Banned
EB just announced its next bunch of games

MGS Revengance is in that list. That game is not classified yet.

EB is not allowed to show it publicly if its not classified, this could get interesting.

edit: vince i was banned in June/July. I decided to leave ausgaf for a while and just posted in the football thread.

Yagharek

EB just announced its next bunch of games

MGS Revengance is in that list. That game is not classified yet.

EB is not allowed to show it publicly if its not classified, this could get interesting.

Theyre allowed to advertise games with CTC instead, and have been doing so for years.

What you should have learnt:

- Never directly insult anyone on GAF. This is a ban on most other forums besides, so try not to do it anywhere on the internet.
- Don't post angry. You let some random Gaffer get you wound up and you lashed out.

What you took out of it:

- Literally 100% of all people who did what you did were not punished as you were, therefore you were hard done by.
Also:

- Never post anything overly negative in the Gaming/OT threads unless you have a fanbase

Hey AusGaf! Just DL-ing some PS classics, isn't Tombi! meant to be available now? I can't see it on my Vita or PS3 and I've heard it's a must play.
It is indeed a classic, lots of fun!

Why did you get upset with being banned today for 3 weeks, and not once in the last 4 weeks of your posting?
You obviously haven't been reading his Twitter, IRC or Steam logs!

Choc

Banned
Theyre allowed to advertise games with CTC instead, and have been doing so for years.

there is a major difference between advertising and allowing people to play the games.

Games are not publicly playable (except for trade events which this is not) until they are classified

Choc

Banned
also i posted this theory on twitter but i am wondering what you guys think

i personally think that EB has contacted the PAX guys about merging PAX Aus and EBGames Expo and taht is why PAX AU is happening

i honestly can't come up with another reason why they would choose au over europe first (aside from people having to travel much further).

Its a pain in teh arse to organise a conference from the otherside of the world, they need local boots on the ground so to speak and i guarantee thats EBExpo organisers.

ill eat my hat if i am wrong and if i am wrong, EB may as well attempt to merge the shows because otherwise EBExpo could be dead.

Choc

Banned
the crackdown on the c word is probably due to the amount of threads recently and media attention of girls saying they are sick of being abused online and being treated badly.

Choc

Banned
Queensland doesn't deserve what they are having right now. He is a a tool of the highest order.

One term wonder for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom