• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did that for two months after I finished high-school. My thoughts: you get so much more time (obviously); missing sleeps absolutely wrecks you; as a result of this, it can be annoying to plan around sleeps; you very quickly gain the ability to fall asleep in odd places within minutes.

The main issue I found was that it just isn't worth it. Given that society at large still works around an 8 hour sleep schedule, it's not as if you're going to be able to go hang out with mates at 4:30am with any regularity. Though I guess that working as a writer where you work from home it could be a bit more feasible.

Rahk

I tried that once a few years ago. Managed to do it for about 2 weeks. The problem wasn't being able to wake/stay up, but the very strict schedule you need to keep for naps, and not being able to do things that come up spur of the moment because your nap time is coming up. e.g. social events, hanging out with friends. Also, impossible to do if you are employed and don't work at home.

Now that this has reminded me, I might try an Everyman or Biphasic sleep pattern, which have a longer core nap with less short naps and are more easily achievable while working. I seem to only be getting about 4-6 hours during the week as it is, so that might help me be less tired throughout the day. I also seem to be able to sleep on command on the train, so should be fairly easy to transition into.

Good luck, Serrels!

Jintor

Spec Ops getting more interesting by the second

Is correcting the spelling on your job app rejection letter a good thing or a bad thing to do

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I like their old stuff better than their new stuff (remix) too.

But really, I do enjoy their new new stuff, mish mash is a wonderful album and love and paranoia certainly has its highlights.

Saying polyester girl is their best song.. Youngin.

Heck my fave song of theirs is probably a tie between my friend robot and I like repetative music and black bugs :)

Kritz

Banned
The wedding lodge. Amazing view.

OXCWZ.jpg

9432N.jpg

P3LIf.jpg

The wedding area is the last image in a little cottage down the road.

I also found a ps2! And some sweet games.

Spec Ops getting more interesting by the second

Is correcting the spelling on your job app rejection letter a good thing or a bad thing to do

I think I did that once, though in that case it was mostly because they called me [applicant name]. Probably better not to though :p

web01

Anyone here know about buying Korean version CD's of Japanese artists.
The prices seem too cheap to be legit like they are bootleg.

Is there an ettiquete for asking "So what did I fuck up on"?
Call or send an email to thank them for the time and ask where you could improve on. You could frame it "do you have any suggestions if I wanted to apply with you again in the future?" or similar.

Yagharek

Call or send an email to thank them for the time and ask where you could improve on. You could frame it "do you have any suggestions if I wanted to apply with you again in the future?" or similar.

Ask for a quick meeting if you can, and give them back a marked and corrected rejection letter.

Better luck next time jintor.

Fogz

Jesus christ, what horrid cold place do you hail from? I went to the Blue Mountains a couple of weekends ago and it was 1 degree. That was enough for me.
Nah, I think it gets a lot colder than that up in the mountains :p

Damn poor Fogz. I'm so glad I've escaped most of the Canberra winter. Left on the 20th of May and coming back early August. So I nearly missed the whole winter!

I never had to deal with such thick frost on my car until I came to Canberra. I need to get a bucket or something.

Yeah, I'd regularly have do deal with my car being a frozen iceblock in the morning. I would just spend an extra 5 or 10 minutes warming up the heater inside and letting it melt off :) I've since gotten a new place with a garage so I am pretty sweet now.

Upon a future application for a job at <company name>, what areas would you suggest I improve on to ensure I land a job at <company name>? I am very interested in self-improvement through constructive criticism so this would really help.

Sincerely yours, Jintor.

PS. Learn how to spell, heathen.

Choc

Banned

You should always send a courtesey email just after the interview as well

'thanks for taking the time to see me etc'

You should always send a courtesey email just after the interview as well

'thanks for taking the time to see me etc'
Agreed. Even if you sucked, because you never know who you'll see popping up in the future who may just remember you.

... Unless you took a dump on their desks or something. Then maybe you don't want them to remember you.

midonnay

^^^^^ I think the 99.5 is ranking so it means that people are ahead of her?

lol, in 2008? She's half way through her medical degree already....

Asian people breaking the sterotypes D:

Omikron

Like Black Bugs! I was thinking of their Band in a Bubble project while walking to the MelGAF meet on Friday. Good times.

:( Anyone you were really close with?

Yes and no, wifes Aunt. Always got along really well her. She was a bit of a family stalwart.

Omikron

Asian people breaking the sterotypes D:

Because it totally matters what score you had once you reach university.

Edit: Ugh. Choc'n the shit outta this thread.

Edit2: LA Noire is already getting boring, can I just do the searching for clues and interview bits please?

I'm confused, why is she complaining now?

Ms Wong, 21, has hyper joint mobility of the wrist. She received some rest breaks during the exam.

pfft. I have this and I didn't get rest breaks. Do you think I can complain to my school about not getting an OP1?

Deeku

Because it totally matters what score you had once you reach university.
Ya, I did pretty bad for a private school asian and nobody really cares. Nor do I.

web01 said:
Anyone here know about buying Korean version CD's of Japanese artists.
The prices seem too cheap to be legit like they are bootleg.
There's nothing wrong with them. You just have to settle for not being a true fan, and the fact that the artist will hate you!

Seriously though, it's fine. Any version outside of japan (korean, taiwan, hong kong etc) is a lot cheaper due to the way the japanese price their media. Just don't buy from ebay, those are most likely bootleg/ stolen promos. Yes-asia is a good place for international versions.

Choc

Banned
during my HSC i had two exams on one day that were essay heavy

each had 3 essays to write, about 20 A4 pages each (legal studies etc )

my hand was fucking DEAD that night. As legend says, everyones hand gets sore

If she had to write 60 A4 pages, i feel sorry for her. If not, seriously 99.5!

Aon

I'm going to indulge in some real dumb hyperbole here, like Choc tier, but it seems incredibly backwards that there's no typing option for contemporary exams.

Fredescu

The only Choc tier hyperbole in that post is the suggestion that it contains Choc tier hyperbole. I think you're right. Surely it would make markers lives easier too.

Amazing Spider-Man was pretty cool. Emma Stone is a cutie.

In Scotland, they were allowing people to write English exams with text speak at one point.

Choc

Banned
I'm going to indulge in some real dumb hyperbole here, like Choc tier, but it seems incredibly backwards that there's no typing option for contemporary exams.

the boards would be to worried about internet access being available

but aon i completely agree, i coudl touch type and would absolutely smashed those essays if i was given a pc majority of schooling in year 11 and 12 has a laptop now anyway it seems

Aon

The only Choc tier hyperbole in that post is the suggestion that it contains Choc tier hyperbole. I think you're right. Surely it would make markers lives easier too.

When I wrote the post it was more akin to "the lack of an option to type is practically a human rights violation" but then I removed that because it was silly, forgot about the disclaimer xD

She don't got 99 problems, she's got .05 of one.

Fixed.

Fredescu

When I wrote the post it was more akin to "the lack of an option to type is practically a human rights violation" but then I removed that because it was silly, forgot about the disclaimer xD
I'm not complaining, it gave me the opportunity to make a "this statement is false" style sentence. If the suggestion that it contains Choc tier hyperbole is Choc tier hyperbole, then it isn't Choc tier hyperbole!

Choc

Banned
yes

she will now be teased into oblivion and her life is ruined because her mum couldn't handle 99.5

ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom