• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sideways business class seats suck!

Your doing it all wrong. Private jet or nothing.

I'm slightly worried about a friend with lots of New Age acquaintances.

If she ends up paying for this guy to rub her boobs, I will be kind of mad.

How hot is your friend.

On a slightly more serious note, if your dumb enough to believe it will work, you deserve to pay someone to fondle you for the health benefits (that don't exist). I'm just mad I didn't think of it sooner.

Choc

Banned
Feel free to move to the us then.

Given the capitalist notion of the US and how the dollar drives it, its amazing how they have many policies that keep house prices in check to allow people to buy houses, unlike australia.

even before the GFC their housing was very affordable.

Housing is a necessity and should be looked at in that way. Unfortunately Australia forgot that.

Choc

Banned
felt like total king shit being the only person in the voting line today that didn't take a stupid how to vote for me paper

make up your mind before you get there people. I also think that they should have an entry at each polling booth that allows you to enter without being bombarded with forest killing crap.

edit: also quite frankly given the mayor of Sydney, Melbourne etc affect the entire metro area and the policies of the cities globally, the entire metro area should vote for those mayors

Sydney CBD is full of hippy loving greenies that keep fucking voting back in useless Clover Moore who is destroying our cities economy with bad policy. The OPT is losing millions of dollars a week because of bad policy on the roads around the terminal.

and given that the Sydney CBD is significantly built up by business, business should have some say in who the mayor is. Far more businesses then residents in the area.

Choc

Banned
How long do you think they can keep the real estate bubble going?

if the government keeps changing policy to boost it, forever.

The government can't let the houses bust, because it will destroy our banks who have property on their books 30% overvalued according to international economists

markot yes the business people do not live there, but the policy of the mayor has a direct economic impact on how well that business can operate. i am not saying give them a 1:1 vote, but at least let them have a say.

The CBD electorates of local councils should be seen as special cases because they are. Sydney is a global city with a mayor that is intent on treating it like a fucking little cottage town. And if residents don't like it, don't live in the city. You choose to live in the CBD, you deal with the fact there is an economic impact on the business that reside there by stupid policies.

markot

Banned
Nothing to do with the mayor.

Melbourne cbd feels like it was planned from the get go, cause it was.

Sydneys is just there, shit thrown together since the landing.

Choc

Banned
Nothing to do with the mayor.

Melbourne cbd feels like it was planned from the get go, cause it was.

Sydneys is just there, shit thrown together since the landing.

Until you live in Sydney you will not know the economic destruction that Clover Moore has caused

tearing up 1 lane on major intersecting roads for a bike path, thus increasing traffic congestion ten fold

good job clover. Nothing against cyclists but it was a dumb thing to do. They need to implement policy to reduce cars in the city (such as congestion tax) if they want to do that. You don't just tear up roads without a way to reduce the influx of traffic.

And other such decisions she has made.

and then you have stupid comments from her like this

'The independent, left-wing Mayor led a council decision on Monday night to support a Buy Nothing New Campaign which encourages people to stop buying anything new except food, hygiene and medical essentials during October.'

it is a BUSINESS CENTRE of NSW. DUMBEST THING EVER SAID BY A MAYOR.

There is little doubt that both Melbourne and Sydney CBDs contribute significantly to the economic flow of the nation with those two centres being the financial districts of the country....

edit: its got so bad in Sydney, the government has had to lower the Sydney councils powers becaues they were destroying everything

'Declaring war on Lord Mayor Clover Moore, Mr O'Farrell will today announce new laws that will take away Ms Moore's transport and traffic planning powers.'

"The Sydney CBD is too important to be held hostage to the political constituency of Clover Moore. It's very clear Clover Moore's pitch for re-election is built around more bike lanes and making the CBD as unfriendly to cars as possible. That is why we have decided to act in the best interests of wider Sydney."

Yagharek

Election day: the one day I can wander around my local primary school and not look totally suss
People with how to vote cards look suss to me, only for different reasons.

Unless they're hardcore rightwing church types in which case suss is putting it mildly

Choc

Banned
guys apparently this is not bullshit

'Qld Treasurer says 6000 fewer jobs will go because he's found other savings like photocopying on both sides of the paper'

ABC news just tweeted it

Salazar

guys apparently this is not bullshit

'Qld Treasurer says 6000 fewer jobs will go because he's found other savings like photocopying on both sides of the paper'

ABC news just tweeted it

They banned colour photocopying a while back.

senahorse

I also like how it has come to light that Costello's audit was lazy and sloppy work full of factual errors, yet Campbell takes it as gospel. Qld is a view to what the LNP party will be like in the rest of Australia.

Salazar

I also like how it has come to light that Costello's audit was lazy and sloppy work full of factual errors, yet Campbell takes it as gospel. Qld is a view to what the LNP party will be like in the rest of Australia.

Pffffft, u r so ready to take the word of "academics" and "experts"

shame on u

Choc

Banned

that would be what happens when you get a non accountant to do an accountants work

senahorse

TONY Abbott punched a wall twice near the head of a woman who beat him in a Sydney University election, according to extracts from a political journal.
Fairfax Media on Saturday published extracts from an article in The Quarterly Essay by David Marr.
It explores the student political life of the federal opposition leader and how it influenced his time as a Howard government minister.
In September 1977, Barbara Ramjan, now a social worker, defeated Mr Abbott for the university's Student Representative Council (SRC) presidency, Marr writes.
Once the victory was declared, the SRC offices saw wild scenes including flashing, mooning, jeering and abuse.
Mr Abbott approached Ms Ramjan, who thought he was coming over to congratulate her.
"But no, that's not what he wanted," she recalls in an interview for the essay.
"He came up to within an inch of my nose and punched the wall on either side of my head.

Mr Abbott told Marr he had no recollection of the incident.
"It would be profoundly out of character had it occurred," he is quoted as saying.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/news/tony-ab...nt/story-fncvfxcm-1226467996723#ixzz25rG3Sb8n

Ladies and gentleman, our future PM,
until MT takes another go at the leadership which seems very likely.

Maybe you guys don't realise, but in the 70s there was no higher compliment than NOT punching a woman in the face.

What a gentleman.

Remember folks, when moving house keep your fridge doors open! My cousins left theirs in storage for 3 months, and I was tasked with scrubbing the copious amounts of mold off.

pfft, ignored again
sorry :(
Do we know when it will be? Cause I would be happy to plan it around pax!
Housing is a necessity and should be looked at in that way. Unfortunately Australia forgot that.
pfft, you crazy choc. Housing is a luxury retirement investment. Everybody knows that.
How long do you think they can keep the real estate bubble going?
Until the baby boomers start dropping off I guess.
I find the fact that he was a boxer make this situation even more hilarious. Tony wanted to take that election TO THE RING!
lol!

Deeku

Went to a meeting this morning. Turns out we get to help on some live stuff while doing training and networking, which is cool I guess, but also means it will be less of a bludge:( It's also weird to meet people in person that you've dealt with only thru phone/email!

Then went and bought a JP 3ds for like 150 aud...cheappppp! Didnt realise an xl was only like 40 bucks more, so yeah probly should have got that instead....oh well! Bought fire emblem and etrian odyssey 4, will probably grab some other games later.

Choc

Banned
sydney-swans.png

Choc

Banned
Went to a meeting this morning. Turns out we get to help on some live stuff while doing training and networking, which is cool I guess, but also means it will be less of a bludge:( It's also weird to meet people in person that you've dealt with only thru phone/email!

Then went and bought a JP 3ds for like 150 aud...cheappppp! Didnt realise an xl was only like 40 bucks more, so yeah probly should have got that instead....oh well! Bought fire emblem and etrian odyssey 4, will probably grab some other games later.

buy Kengan Sangura (hopefully i spelt it right)

so japanese its not funny

senahorse

sorry :(
Do we know when it will be? Cause I would be happy to plan it around pax!

I guess I can forgive you :p

No idea when it is, but once we know might be able to plan around it. Gf and I will probably go wherever it is so should be keen for a meetup, but lets wait and see when it is I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom