• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

image.php

You don't look very happy about it.

Deeku

buy Kengan Sangura (hopefully i spelt it right)

so japanese its not funny
I need to find out what it is first!

I'll probably grab some next weekend. HK has a lot less jp games than I thought, but the prices are good compared to buying online.

Edit: btw there's nothing wrong with a yellowy top screen...right?

So I'm working with the Penny Arcade guys on PAX Australia as the Event & Marketing Manager!

Someone once described PAX to me as not being a 'consumer' show, but a 'community' show, and after coming back from PAX Prime in Seattle last weekend I have to agree.

The big expo halls filled with publishers are a huge part of it of course, but just as big are all the other areas - the free to play console areas, the random tournaments, the old school gaming setups, beanbags and handheld areas, table top games, the BYOC Lan area, industry panels, nerdcore concerts, Omegathon, and of course Gabe and Tycho gracing our shores in the flesh.

AUSGAF UNITE! What would you all want out of a PAX event? I wanna hear from you.
you sound like those ads on youtube that i hate.

Kritz

Banned
I thought AusGAF might find this amusing.

I got sent an email early this week from a lady my mother knows from work. The most I heard from my mother about this was that someone wanted some software made. So, I got an email. I read through it, it sent off a few alarm bells. I didn't respond. Two days ago my mother responded to me that the lady was "disappointed" I didn't get back to her.

So, I got curious, and sent an email saying that I'm a second year uni student and don't really have the time or skills to develop anything sophisticated, and that I'd like a bit more information about the project before I say either way my position.

The response...
http://pastebin.com/b5Ah3CXW

(sorry for the link but I'd rather this not be indexed by search engines)

I really can't "nope" hard enough. God damn.

Jintor

I thought AusGAF might find this amusing.

I got sent an email early this week from a lady my mother knows from work. The most I heard from my mother about this was that someone wanted some software made. So, I got an email. I read through it, it sent off a few alarm bells. I didn't respond. Two days ago my mother responded to me that the lady was "disappointed" I didn't get back to her.

So, I got curious, and sent an email saying that I'm a second year uni student and don't really have the time or skills to develop anything sophisticated, and that I'd like a bit more information about the project before I say either way my position.

The response...
http://pastebin.com/b5Ah3CXW

(sorry for the link but I'd rather this not be indexed by search engines)

I really can't "nope" hard enough. God damn.

See if you can sell her some speakers off the back of a van

Salazar

My beef with AFL is that it seems too goddamn easy for teams to play radically unadventurous possession football with a minimum of exposure.

Choc

Banned
Clover Moore seems alright to me.

Ham she is doing serious damage to the economic activity in our city. The Government had to step in and legislate her otu of something after she made a decision that was costing the overseas passenger terminal 1 million dollars a day in revenue when ships were in town.

the bike lines without changes to how the traffic flow of the city works, was ridiculous. Busses get stuck everywhere now because there is so much traffic because 1 lane was torn up on every major road.

If they are going to do that they should have had the balls to do something about the traffic to stop the stupidity. Such as a congestion tax. They just don't have the balls to do it and so now buses are 1000x slower.

When you go into the city every day for work ham and have to deal with the load of shit that goes on in there now thanks to those bike lanes, you to will realise she is a moron

If I saw Clover on a ballot paper for an election I had no idea about I would pick them because I loved God Hand and Okami.

Moore Clover Please! Four Moore Years!

Yagharek

My beef with AFL is that it seems too goddamn easy for teams to play radically unadventurous possession football with a minimum of exposure.

My beef is the umpires dont know the rules and teams like geelong dictate them.

edit: also, down to the last 12 coins in NSMB Wii. Amazingly fun game. World 9 is pure.

Wrote about misogny?

Would be a good alternative username for you.
to be clear, not saying you are, just that its almost the same length as your current one and its a somewhat similar looking word

mandiller

Correct. Well, that and all sorts of news comments in the opinion/unleashed sections. And if I'm feeling particularly irritated, religion and ethics.

So this would be a bad time to mention that some days I actually do the comment moderating for the drum?

Most likely reasons a comment doesn't get put up (not saying you did this, but just for future reference):

1. the post contains profanity
2. the post is abusive towards other posters
3. the post lowers the tone of debate

The best advice I can offer any person who comments on The Drum is don't be abusive, don't use a term like 'Juliar' or 'Noalition', back up what you say and keep things above board. Also don't spam the same post again and again. I have to go through hundreds and hundreds of these comments of people attacking each other. It really doesn't matter what side you take or what issue you argue, just be civil.

Of course the other reason you might not have seen your post is because sometimes the comments get really backed up in the approval process, so your comment might eventually get put up, it's just stuck in the queue.

If you have any specific worries feel free to PM me.

*edit* I just thought of another big no-no. Don't use caps ALL over the PLACE. You'll be surprised how many people do that.

midonnay

Would be a good alternative username for you.
to be clear, not saying you are, just that its almost the same length as your current one and its a somewhat similar looking word

Don't make me slap you =_=

Geelong back on track

All is right in the world again

Edit: hah spoke too soon

Yagharek

So this would be a bad time to mention that some days I actually do the comment moderating for the drum?.

Nah man, no specific problems. 99% of my comments get posted. I cant believe the shit you guys must go through though. A lot of juliar/noalition type posts do get through.

My main problem is the content of a lot of the articles on the R&E section. Specifically Scott Stephen's work, but thats a philosophical issue.

Geelong back on track

All is right in the world again

Edit: hah spoke too soon

Geelong keep demanding the rules be changed to suit them. Those fuckers had five years of fake rules, time to let others have the rub of the green.

Also, geelong crowd is shit.

Danoss

Screw you Pandemic!

How long did it take to get to this point? Less than an hour I would assume.

The reason why I point this out is that Arkham Horror can end up with the same result but it may have taken 4-5+ hours to get there. If you add in an expansion, you may be talking 10+ hours instead. The setup takes longer, there is a lot more to the rules, there are turns where you'll do nothing at all but watch everyone else play. Not amusing.

Omikron

How long did it take to get to this point? Less than an hour I would assume.

The reason why I point this out is that Arkham Horror can end up with the same result but it may have taken 4-5+ hours to get there. If you add in an expansion, you may be talking 10+ hours instead. Not amusing.

Yeah, think we played 3 games over about an hour and a half. First game finished really fast when a sequence of out breaks stacked next to each other. :p

Danoss

Yeah, think we played 3 games over about an hour and a half. First game finished really fast when a sequence of out breaks stacked next to each other. :p

Been there, but won on the very last turn of the game. It felt pretty good. It stings when it happens though.

I like bike lanes. Clover Moore doesn't overly bother me. More people should ride bicycles. Hopefully traffic being slow encourages more people to do so.

I'm filled with a ton of schadenfreude right now. Best to pretend to be asleep when the wife comes in lest I get kicked to the couch :)

Riding bikes is fun as long as you don't actually have to get somewhere.

Jintor

I'm filled with a ton of schadenfreude right now. Best to pretend to be asleep when the wife comes in lest I get kicked to the couch :)

Riding bikes is fun as long as you don't actually have to get somewhere.

I was going to bike to my polling booth today but it turns out the bicycle that's been in the garage untouched for like six months has a flat tire, no idea why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom