• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is walking dead episode three more glitchy than the previous episodes?
I like bike lanes. Clover Moore doesn't overly bother me. More people should ride bicycles. Hopefully traffic being slow encourages more people to do so.
Me too. Lack of bike lanes in Brisbane is the main reason I don't ride a bike. Screw riding with cars, how insanely dangerous.

I had the cutest bike... but it got rusty from lack of use:(

Lol omi.
You're welcome to my bike. It is a girl's bike, in truth.
Without bike paths it would just get rusty too. You should move to Brisbane and ride it around St Lucia! You would be the raddest/ fittest tutor around.

I've never understood why there are male and female bikes. Does it really make a difference?

midonnay

I was going to bike to my polling booth today but it turns out the bicycle that's been in the garage untouched for like six months has a flat tire, no idea why

I once went riding with a bike I hadn't touched for a year....

of course I had to go down a massive hill that was like 45 degree angle and found that the brakes didn't work :/

nearly got hit by like two cars ._.

Danoss

I've never understood why there are male and female bikes. Does it really make a difference?

There generally isn't. The one's we knew as girls bikes as kids aren't girls bikes by design. As far as I know, they're referred to as 'step-through' bikes and both sexes ride them in Europe and such, where bicycling is encouraged with far better infrastructure.

Some manufacturers do have women designated bicycles which are very similar to men's. I don't think the difference is very big at all, but I think they're meant to take women's proportions and other smaller factors into account. I think it's to increase comfort and/or performance.

I have to start riding my bicycle again. It's very hilly in my area and being so overweight and unfit makes it very difficult indeed. Just getting started is hard enough. There's a wonderful bike path in my area, but I have to get fit enough just to be able to ride my bicycle to that path. Terribly demotivating.

Dead Man

There generally isn't. The one's we knew as girls bikes as kids aren't girls bikes by design. As far as I know, they're referred to as 'step-through' bikes and both sexes ride them in Europe and such, where bicycling is encouraged with far better infrastructure.

Some manufacturers do have women designated bicycles which are very similar to men's. I don't think the difference is very big at all, but I think they're meant to take women's proportions and other smaller factors into account. I think it's to increase comfort and/or performance.

I have to start riding my bicycle again. It's very hilly in my area and being so overweight and unfit makes it very difficult indeed. Just getting started is hard enough. There's a wonderful bike path in my area, but I have to get fit enough just to be able to ride my bicycle to that path. Terribly demotivating.

Also, skirts. Step throughs were designed so girls who were properly wearing skirts/dresses instead of mannish trousers would not expose themselves and damage their reputation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Step-through_frame

Danoss

Also, skirts. Step throughs were designed so girls who were properly wearing skirts/dresses instead of mannish trousers would not expose themselves and damage their reputation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Step-through_frame

Thanks for the link.

Traditionally, yes, they're girls bikes. But even as we were kids, that had changed or was changing as girls attire did. We still looked at them as girls bikes because our parents did, and what boy would want to be the only one on tw block with the same bike as a girl?

Not much of an issue now. All posties ride the motorised equivalent of a step-through now. No shame in it, though I do have the traditional diamond frame for mine.

legend166

sydney-swans.png

:D

:D :D :D

:D

Prelim final on Friday the 21st at ANZ. Sooooooo excited.

Dead Man

Thanks for the link.

Traditionally, yes, they're girls bikes. But even as we were kids, that had changed or was changing as girls attire did. We still looked at them as girls bikes because our parents did, and what boy would want to be the only one on tw block with the same bike as a girl?

Not much of an issue now. All posties ride the motorised equivalent of a step-through now. No shame in it, though I do have the traditional diamond frame for mine.
Yeah, no issue these days, especially in Europe as you say.

markot

Banned
Ham she is doing serious damage to the economic activity in our city. The Government had to step in and legislate her otu of something after she made a decision that was costing the overseas passenger terminal 1 million dollars a day in revenue when ships were in town.

the bike lines without changes to how the traffic flow of the city works, was ridiculous. Busses get stuck everywhere now because there is so much traffic because 1 lane was torn up on every major road.

If they are going to do that they should have had the balls to do something about the traffic to stop the stupidity. Such as a congestion tax. They just don't have the balls to do it and so now buses are 1000x slower.

When you go into the city every day for work ham and have to deal with the load of shit that goes on in there now thanks to those bike lanes, you to will realise she is a moron

4250666-3x2-700x467.jpg

Danoss

The bike with the low bar makes more sense for guys so you do not nut yourself in an accident.

If you slip, your nuts go for a trip through the crank, instead of hitting a bar.

It could happen easily. I've had one of the teeth go part-way through my finger when I was clumsily cleaning and tightening a bike chain. It takes next to no effort and is like a hot knife through butter.

The bar is there for reinforcement. Two triangles creates a very strong design that can take a great deal more punishment.

Choc

Banned
I like bike lanes. Clover Moore doesn't overly bother me. More people should ride bicycles. Hopefully traffic being slow encourages more people to do so.

You cannot carry what you can on a truck on a bike.

Cars should not be in the city yes but right now buses (public transport) and trucks (economic impact) are being significantly affected by the lanes

why should a public transport mode be fucked up because of that stupid decision? it required MORE planning not just rip up the road and do it.

Gazunta

Hey AusGAF folk who are collecting those Marvel Graphic Novels - are any of you missing the first volume? I gave up on my newsagent ever backordering one for me so I grabbed one from eBay...which arrived juuust in time for the newsagent to finally get me a copy. So let me know if you want my second copy.

Hey AusGAF folk who are collecting those Marvel Graphic Novels - are any of you missing the first volume? I gave up on my newsagent ever backordering one for me so I grabbed one from eBay...which arrived juuust in time for the newsagent to finally get me a copy. So let me know if you want my second copy.

They're still happening? Man, it seems everytime I hit up my newsagents, they're never in stock. Thought for the longest time that they'd been discontinued.

Gazunta

Hello, AusGAF. I was just wondering, why is your thread in Gaming Community? Do you guys just like it here?

It was part of the 1945 peace accord struck between AusGAF and the regular gaming board. In return for not stinking up the gaming board with bitching about the lack of R18 rating, the continued incompetence of local publishers, and how awesome Ricki Lee Coulter is...we were promised a safe haven in gaming community where we're free to never talk about or play video games.

I have spent this entire weekend watching footy. I have even purposely not watched the AFL finals just so I've spent some time off the couch.

This is both why I want foxtel and why I should never get it

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It was part of the 1945 peace accord struck between AusGAF and the regular gaming board. In return for not stinking up the gaming board with bitching about the lack of R18 rating, the continued incompetence of local publishers, and how awesome Ricki Lee Coulter is...we were promised a safe haven in gaming community where we're free to never talk about or play video games.

let's not forget the time australians hacked gaf!

Hello, AusGAF. I was just wondering, why is your thread in Gaming Community? Do you guys just like it here?
Not sure really. We've been here since it was the only community section. But I imagine most of us just access it through subscriptions at this point.

Dead Man

Damn it, now two mods know of our existence! But mainly tradition since we were exiled to community when there was only one community thread I think. And we used to talk about things that were specific to gaming in Australia, we cured ourselves of that though.

Danoss

The only gaming that matters (to me) is tabletop gaming, namely PnP RPGs. Yet, the thread for that is in Off-Topic. Yep a gaming thread in Off-Topic. Mind-boggling.

Damn it, now two mods know of our existence! But mainly tradition since we were exiled to community when there was only one community thread I think. And we used to talk about things that were specific to gaming in Australia, we cured ourselves of that though.

3 and evilore

Danoss

Dan who's your tip for the finals after the first week?

For next week, or to win it?

those arnt games. they are just words and bad imagination

If only the computerised versions of them weren't so crippled and limiting, with boring characters and bad writing.

Don't worry, you won't be asked to participate in the AusGAF games when they come to pass. Couldn't have your bad imagination taking part in a non-game now, could we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom