• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
11:41AM Robyn Ironside PREMIER says BHP's threat to pull investment out of Queensland because of an increase in coal royalties is a result of the company's poor management.

When was the last time that Campbell Newman ran a multinational? Whats that you say? never

what a fucking idiot. Yes lets insult business who significantly invest in our economy.

Kloppers should go thermonuclear on this and tell Newman he is a shit.

Also, QLD has just sacked almost the entirity of the rural fire service non volunteers in a year the BOM is telling us bushfires will be horrific

good job little shit, good job

WHAT A FUCKING....

senahorse

Lost is great. I'm enjoying it just as much on my first rewatch. It helps I'm not fussed about worrying about answers now.

I agree. I recently re-watched it after getting the series on BD for cheap. I liked it even more than the first time, and this time, I was content with the ending.

Choc

Banned
They cut education HARD here, and not a peep, which surprised me. I don't know why.

wait what, go look at my posts yesterday?

edit: also the reason people should be shitty about QLD is that other states citizens need to get angry so that those states realise that what happened there cannot be done elsewhere

just because QLD did it first doesn't mean others won't if you dont get angry

Choc

Banned
A2jpfBzCEAAL-3S.jpg

BURNSAUCE

Just make Citicycle part of the Go Card system, Campbell! Make my trips to and from University more fun!

Besides that I have no idea what this guy is doing. Going from building tunnels and restoring City Hall to burning a State down is quite the leap. He's like some sort of megalomaniac anime villain at this point.

Best shows in no order:

Deadwood
The Shield
The Wire
Breaking Bad
The Simpsons (2-8)
X Files
Frisky Dingo
The Thick of It
Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Review with Miles Barlow

senahorse

Just make Citicycle part of the Go Card system, Campbell! Make my trips to and from University more fun!

Besides that I have no idea what this guy is doing. Going from building tunnels and restoring City Hall to burning a State down is quite the leap. He's like some sort of megalomaniac anime villain at this point.

He's a mover and shaker, he will be going for federal politics next.

Choc

Banned
We all thought the worst to come out of the Brisbane floods were the damage to houses and shattered lives

instead, we have now discovered it was Campbell Newman. It was the floods that gave him the profile to make the LNP want him.

:(

All these jobs and funding being cut.... what is he diverting those resources towards?

Choc

Banned
All these jobs and funding being cut.... what is he diverting those resources towards?

Debt repayment which is a joke anyway. Cuts were made based on a 100 billion debt. Budget reveals debt was only 62 billion

Costello forgot to include 28 billion of QLD assets and cash in his assessment.

Costello should NOT have been allowed to perform that audit as he isn't a qualified accountant.

oh and FWIW yes the QLD parliament did give itself a payrise.

In other countries where austerity is apparently needed, all the pollies wages have been frozen and they supported it. Disgraceful. Governor of QLD should just sack him now.

Debt repayment which is a joke anyway. Cuts were made based on a 100 billion debt. Budget reveals debt was only 62 billion

Costello forgot to include 28 billion of QLD assets and cash in his assessment.

Costello should NOT have been allowed to perform that audit as he isn't a qualified accountant.

Yeesh.

Well... the rate he is going... there's pretty much no chance he will last more than 1 term right? I'm not seeing any positive publicity surrounding him at the moment.

Choc

Banned
the law around government finances needs to change.

Costello would not be allowed to audit a public company listed on the stock exchange because he isn't an accountant.

Yet he can audit a fucking Governments?! Crazy.

Oh, um tv shows? I don't know if I watch enough tv.
Buuut
The Pacific
Community
Red dwarf
Black books
Dexter to s4
first season of underbelly
jin (Japan)
Were things i thoroughly enjoyed.
Guilty pleasures may or may not include true blood, the oc and various anime stuffs.

Just make Citicycle part of the Go Card system, Campbell! Make my trips to and from University more fun!.
thisthisthisthis. Make them convenient and people will use them!

Choc

Banned
Has any politician said no to a pay rise before and put the interests of the public before themselves? Honestly I am intrigued.

In greece. Yes

In Spain. Yes.

Also Alan Joyce refused a payrise and bonus from Qantas this year. I know he isn't a polly but you know, same kinda lines....

$3.75 for Steamkey for Season Pass of Quantum Conundrum from GMG!

Okay someone has to say it.

I don't give a damn about Queensland politics. Having to read choc post about it every 2 seconds is painful.
Hey I have enjoyed it, certainly better than watching this thread crawl to its death. Aside from some heated comments of course, keep the anger directed out, not in.

Choc I thought you lived in sydney? Why the aneurism over Qld?
QLD is a part of Australia at the moment sadly.

So 2 of my 3 board games I ordered arrived after only 9 days 8)
Amazon UK? They are really great to deal with.

Yagharek

I think I'll come back to ausgaf in a few days once the politics talk has died down. If anyone cares I'll be in the Wii U threads.

Rezbit

Yeah it doesn't matter, people can just complain or ignore it. It is possible to have multiple conversations in a thread. Sorta like how you just have to dodge around Kritz/Orbi chat in Steam.

Also the inner greenie in me was happy to see the federal government actually attempting to stop that super trawler (for at least a few years).

senahorse

Yeah it doesn't matter, people can just complain or ignore it. It is possible to have multiple conversations in a thread. Sorta like how you just have to dodge around Kritz/Orbi chat in Steam.

How
do
you
dodge
someone
that
types
this

yeah fuck you kritz

just kidding :p

or am I

yeah I am

Jintor

Goddamn 9/11 thread has me watching Breaking News compilations from that day.

I barely remember that day. I remember waking up at 5am to a blaring TV and my mum just standing there, staring. I remember going to before-school care and the TV on in one corner and everybody quiet, just watching. But I don't remember much more than that.

senahorse

I barely remember that day. I remember waking up at 5am to a blaring TV and my mum just standing there, staring. I remember going to before-school care and the TV on in one corner and everybody quiet, just watching. But I don't remember much more than that.

Oh fucking thanks for making me feel old :(

midonnay

came back from playing basketball and "holy fuck a plane just hit a building"

I stayed up to early am too watching the news...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom