• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord

Banned
Depends what you negotiated in your contract. If you're on a salary that is inflexible in that regard because it's expected of you, then yes, that's the way it is.

My contract is just set shifts and an hourly rate. That's it. The only thing I ever signed at the start was agreeing to those shifts each week. No set salary.

Does Sleeping Dogs have an all canto/mando voice track?

I wish it did but no.

Time for some top 10 TV lists! Mine will undoubtedly have The Wire and Breaking Bad. Might have to think on the rest... Probably see inclusions by Arrested Development, Firefly, Louie, Seinfeld. Maybe Party Down and Curb Your Enthusiasm will make it in, too! Stay tuned!

can i include shows i havnt watched all of?
other wise it will be very weighted and only include weird shows that arnt very good, half would probably be anime also.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Top 10 TV (no order)

The Wire
Friday Night Lights
Mad Men
Twin Peaks
Arrested Development
Breaking Bad
Babylon 5
The Shield
The Simpsons (S2-8)
Futurama

Well I technically could just walk out at 10pm but then managers would get pissed off for me not finishing and cleaning up. And in that case there excuse is to work faster. They want me to finish AND sign off on time but it's not possible. Especially if someone is sick that day. I actually never knew or was told to my memory. There is an adjustment sheet but according to them even if I sign that they can still refuse, a manager has to agree and sign off on it. I know a couple of the managers would sign off on anything for me but other ones like the big ones I'm not sure about.

It just seems weird they need my signature to agree to not be paid over. Like, what if I refused?

Look out for yourself. Tell them if they want you to work back, you should be paid as such. They arent a charity and neither are you.

Simpsons
Seinfeld
The wire
The shield
Breaking bad
Person of interest
Futurama
Top gear (uk)
Family guy
Southpark

In no particular order, that was hard enough as it was.

Omikron

Don't troll those celebrities people.

m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/time-is-up-for-twitter-trolls-and-bulllies/story-e6freuy9-1226472133504

Aaaaand here's a top ten TV list from me, in alphabetical order:

Arrested Development
Breaking Bad
Community
Firefly
Flight of the Conchords
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Louie
Mad Men
The Simpsons*
The Wire

Also a not-quite-good-enough-to-be-top-ten-but-still-good-anyway list:

Carnivale
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Deadwood
Downton Abbey
Frasier*
Friday Night Lights
Futurama
Game of Thrones
Party Down
Sherlock
The Inbetweeners

* Until they went not so good.

can i include shows i havnt watched all of?
It's your list, do whatever you like!

Jintor

I wouldnt want one, the bits that are already in the game are pretty crappy/goofy.

Btw, are you at uni on fridays?

Lame, I fucking love complete language saturation and the practice of only allowing english voice options in clearly foreign environments shits me to no end

Also super lame, I'm probably going to lose my street passes and downloaded games because the system won't stop crashing. Min $35 for assessment of issues, even before repair... and I probably can't system transfer off this device without it crashing... fffuuuuu

Overall Top Shows

all time
Doctor Who (old and new)
Star Trek (classic and TNG)
Red Dwarf
Blake's 7
The Goodies
Get Smart
Fawlty Towers
The Muppet Show
Seinfeld
The Prisoner (not the aussie soap)
Simpsons (they cancelled that in 2000, didn't they)
The Late Show
Blackadder
Knowing Me Knowing You/ I'm Alan Partridge

Recent (ie haven't rewatched each ep 20 times)
Sherlock
Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes
Mad Men
Downton Abbey
Parks & Rec
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Arrested Development
30 Rock
Extras
Episodes
IT Crowd
Community
Modern Family
Gilmore Girls
Game of Thrones
The Sopranos

Other stuff I like but not enough to put in lists- Gerry Anderson shows, The Professionals, The Avengers, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica, Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, Friends, Callan, Mission Impossible, Colditz, Monkey, Bergerac,

jeez, I used to watch a lot of old TV shows. I wonder what happened. Back to Borderlands...

Jintor

Well, I've isolated the issue to relate to wi-fi somehow, but that prevents me from system updating or transferring I think, so...

legend166

Simpsons (2-8)
Lost
Arrested Development
Seinfeld
Futurama (1-4)
Friday Night Lights
Survivor
Mad Men
The Office UK
30 Rock

No order.

Yeah, I have Survivor on my list. What of it?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Mine:

Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
The Simpsons
Futurama
30 Rock
Boston Legal
Macgyver
Curb Your Enthusiasm
IT Crowd
Blue Heelers

Salazar

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ent-racism-claim/story-e6freoof-1226472138467

PREMIER Campbell Newman yesterday accused Opposition environment spokeswoman Jackie Trad of having a glass jaw after Leader of the House Ray Stevens caused a racism storm in State Parliament by referring to her as "Jihad Jackie".

Ms Trad, of Catholic Lebanese heritage, said outside Parliament that Mr Stevens' gibe was not just an insult to her but to all ethnic groups and called on him to apologise.

"I saw Mulherin turn around and tell her to put on the 'I'm offended thing'," Mr Stevens said. "There's no racist sting to this at all. It's about the political jihad stuff in the article.

"Goodness, Newman's family or mother-in-law or something is Lebanese. Am I racist? Absolutely not."

:lol

This is the same Campbell who bubbled over and insulted someone for not having served in the military after he got exposed in a geographical mix-up.

Choc

Banned
The Noalition strikes again. Won't back supertrawler law.

seriously for fuck sake.

edit: That person in the QLD parliament who said that should not have parliamentary privileged stopping them being hauled before the courts. what a fucking disgrace.

Yagharek

Favourite TV series right?

Stargate SG1
Doctor Who (current set, havent seen enough of original series and it scared the shit out of me when I was 5)
Monkey
Blackadder
Outnumbered
The Office
Black Books
Life on Mars
Sherlock
Sliders
MacGyver

All top notch.

Yeah, I have Survivor on my list. What of it?

Lost is the biggest offender.

Omikron

Haha. Also, the daily telegraph has a petition today to stop the twitter trolls...

Hi choc :(

Also:

qlnN3.png

Lack of Scrubs in people's top 10 is disturbing.

Mine, not 10 but hey

Red Dwarf
Firefly
Scrubs
Boston Legal
Bob's Burgers
Archer
Jon Benjamin Has A Van
Blue Mountain State
IT Crowd

OK, so I'll just start trolling people on app.net, and Facebook, and, oh, I don't know, everywhere else on the Internet that isn't Twitter.

Danoss

Free speech for everyone! Except the bigoted, mean, hurtful, hateful, ignorant, thoughtless, inconsiderate, and generally rude people.

But only on Twitter. No one is in mean anywhere else.

legend166

Well thats my non attendance test done. First one done in 30 mins. Got 3 questions wrong. One was because I didnt round properly. Ohwell not bad for reading through the book once and rushing to make sure I was the first finished. Bring on my fish test.

Black Books
Doctor Who
Firefly
Pre-cancellation Futurama
Game Centre CX
Monkey
Moonlighting
Scrubs
The Simpsons decade one
Super Dimension Fortress Macross

Supplementary:
Boston Legal
Bottom
Fawlty Towers
Iron Chef
Life Support

Come at me.

Shit, how did I leave out Blackadder, Black Books, The Goodies and (early) Red Dwarf?
+1,000,000 to you.
The young ones is pretty great too, if we're talking old British comedy.
Lame, I fucking love complete language saturation and the practice of only allowing english voice options in clearly foreign environments shits me to no end

Also super lame, I'm probably going to lose my street passes and downloaded games because the system won't stop crashing. Min $35 for assessment of issues, even before repair... and I probably can't system transfer off this device without it crashing... fffuuuuu
Oh no:( can't they get that information off the hard drive if you send it off to get fixed?

Agree on the language saturation, for movies as well as games. Memoirs of a geisha comes to mind. Loved that about assassins creed, even if the english-Italian was kind of half half.

Salazar

lulz newman

The Federal Government threatens to cut infrastructure spending in Queensland

And Abbott's first reaction to the education cut in NSW is to go to his party meeting and fret specifically about the Catholic and Independent schools.

Because it's "in the party's DNA" to fund those schools.

Fucken joke.

Yagharek

Jintor's 3DS not under warranty?

I think from memory the $35 is an assessment fee which is waived if the system is found to be faulty due to manufacturing. You only get charged that if you are at fault, I understand.

Maybe get clarification though.

legend166

Okay someone has to say it.

I don't give a damn about Queensland politics. Having to read choc post about it every 2 seconds is painful.

Omikron

I don't give a damn about Queensland politics. Having to read choc post about it every 2 seconds is painful.

That said, could well be a precursor to how the overall country is run and stuff. oh well. video games?

I am still streaming SMW.

Danoss

Everyone can say this in the thread but me. If I say something is boring, uninteresting or shit, I get jumped on.

Lovely.

Fredescu

It's fairly interesting I think. It's been a while since a leader went into full on ideological warfare mode and sacked 14000 with flimsy reasons.

jambo

Favourite TV series?

In no particular order:

Seinfeld
Red Dwarf
Stargate SG-1
QI
Star Trek TNG
Firefly
IT Crowd
Black Books
Blackadder
Faulty Towers
Simpsons (S01-S10)
Futurama
Frasier
Top Gear UK
South Park
Spaced
Scrubs
Archer
Doctor Who
How I Met Your Mother
Friends
Good News Week (1996-2000)
Fast Forward
Full Frontal

Everyone can say this in the thread but me. If I say something is boring, uninteresting or shit, I get jumped on.

Lovely.

Maybe people are more reticent about complaining about people complaining about topics after you threw your big "OMG I'M LEAVING" fit last time. I find it's easier to just let them be than risk causing more silly internet drama.

Oh no, is this considered jumping on you?

Salazar

It's fairly interesting I think. It's been a while since a leader went full into full on ideological warfare mode and sacked 14000 with flimsy reasons.

I should be up there protesting today.

But I am at home. Eating Grill'd. Watching Brief Encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom