• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Rumor has it the budget in QLD cut a counselling/trauma centre for victims of child abuse

you fucking c newman

Choccers, I share a surname with the bloke. This isn't easy for me. Can we use Campbell instead ?

Goddamn 9/11 thread has me watching Breaking News compilations from that day.

I barely remember that day. I remember waking up at 5am to a blaring TV and my mum just standing there, staring. I remember going to before-school care and the TV on in one corner and everybody quiet, just watching. But I don't remember much more than that.

Heard it on the radio on the way to school. Got to school and folks gradually started arriving. Got into an argument with some knobhead who was running around telling everyone it was Israel.

Missed that. And British comedies, I missed alot. Top 10 is too hard. Maybe top 50 would be easier.

The West Wing
The Wire
The Thick of It
Yes Minister/Prime Minister
Deadwood
Shooting The Past
North Square
Supernatural
Band of Brothers
Blackadder

legend166

Oh damn I forgot Band of Brothers.

That's actually my number one. Sooooooo good.

Also as of this Friday I will have been dating this girl for two months! ._.

Seems like just yesterday I was getting advice from people in Steam chat.

I barely remember that day. I remember waking up at 5am to a blaring TV and my mum just standing there, staring.
I was working an afternoon shift that day. We were all bewildered that a plane could somehow accidentally fly into a building. And then it happened again.

Stayed up until 4am watching the news. It was horrible. I know people who were there, can't imagine what it felt like.

Choc

Banned
Oh damn I forgot Band of Brothers.

That's actually my number one. Sooooooo good.

Also as of this Friday I will have been dating this girl for two months! ._.

Seems like just yesterday I was getting advice from people in Steam chat.

Based on that i am surprised it lasted 2 months :D

edit: Also Julia has said she will meet with Robbie over twitter trolls

HE FUCKING TROLLED HER

FUCK THIS WORLD IN THE ANUS

Yagharek

Goddamn 9/11 thread has me watching Breaking News compilations from that day.

I barely remember that day. I remember waking up at 5am to a blaring TV and my mum just standing there, staring. I remember going to before-school care and the TV on in one corner and everybody quiet, just watching. But I don't remember much more than that.

I was in second year physics lectures that day discussing time travel and special relativity

Edit: third year

Ventron

I think I'm the only person who did forget where I was when I found out :(

Although I do remember talking about it at school. The teachers never brought it up until a few days later. They always taped and showed us a "kids news" show on ABC that I forgot the name of, but this particular episode talked about it and showed footage.

I remember the Courier Mail headline: "AMERICA UNDER ATTACK". I wish I saved it.

EDIT: No, I didn't even remember that right. It was "US ATTACKED".
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-05/september-11-newspaper-front-pages/2870784

I love the Examiner's headline, though, lol.

I remember waking up early to watch Pokemon and thinking that whatever had replaced the morning aerobics show beforehand wasn't very funny. Then I realised that it was on every channel and went to wake my parents, who didn't believe me at first.
Choccers, I share a surname with the bloke. This isn't easy for me. Can we use Campbell instead ?
I keep forgetting how to spell Campbell though ~

Jintor

I think I'm the only person who did forget where I was when I found out :(

Although I do remember talking about it at school. The teachers never brought it up until a few days later. They always taped and showed us a "kids news" show on ABC that I forgot the name of, but this particular episode talked about it and showed footage.

I assume it would have been BTN, fantastic show.

Danoss

Also Julia has said she will meet with Robbie over twitter trolls

HE FUCKING TROLLED HER

FUCK THIS WORLD IN THE ANUS

How did he do that exactly? There was no @ mention in there, so I don't see how he did. If he trolled her and that was an example of what is not allowed, people better stop talking entirely. If it's banned online, there must be a real world example of the same thing. So if what he said was a troll, it would seem saying anything negative about anyone or anything could be a troll, and therefore worthy of drawing some sort of punishment.

Also, if they seriously do this, it will be hilarious. They will have to define exactly what "trolling" is and make it legislation.

This was part of a discussion on another board I was on. There were many laughs and jokes about children getting taught in schools how it's bad to troll, and that the teachers would have to explain to the kids exactly what "trolling" is. As a concept it was absurd and laughable. This discussion occurred months ago, and it may actually come to pass in this country.

One walled garden NBN, coming right up.

Fake edit: what else could they ban because someones feelings might get hurt? Jokes, sarcasm, dirty looks, smirks, farts, hand gestures, double entendres, I'm sure there's plenty more.

lfkZX.gif

*pictured, LNP budget in effect.*

Yagharek

Picked up the second last issue of Nintendo Gamer today. Sigh.

Wish I had discovered this mag years ago. It reminds me of mid-90s CVG.

Jintor

... Nintendo are disruptive and have architected a revolution.

He's using disruptive in a non long-term meaning, I would guess. Disruptive technology has long-term implications, whereas rabblerousing in the manner of the telegraph generally does not.

Also I thought the gamecube was the revolution

Yagharek

He's using disruptive in a non long-term meaning, I would guess. Disruptive technology has long-term implications, whereas rabblerousing in the manner of the telegraph generally does not.

Also I thought the gamecube was the revolution

There was an interview in 2000/01 where Iwata (I think) said that in ten years time, this controller (GC) will be the standard. Ive got it in an old EGM stashed in storage at my parents home in Tassie.

How things changed.

The Wii was the revolution though. Gamecube (nee Starcube) was a cheap, compact, powerful system with a simple focus on games. It failed big time.

In 2004/5/6, Nintendo adopted the blue ocean strategy and went wholesale for a non-competitive strategy. They abdicated from the power race, maybe because they knew it was expensive to keep going, and they tried a few different things out. I guess they went down this way because the 'third pillar' DS strategy actually paid off. If it hadn't succeeded, I wonder if they would have gone back in short order to the Gameboy Advance successor and made Wii a more core-focussed console with standard control inputs and a lot more power?

Yagharek

10,000 at the QLD rally

good job people

Not like they have to go to work today :(

That's far too many people, really goes to show how ugly its going to get.

I'm not being flippant with that comment either. Ive been through hard times finding work, it's why I'm on the other side of the country away from friends and family and its not fun not knowing what to do.

Yagharek

gamecube was the dolphin >_>

Starcube was one of the floated names for it too.

As far as I recall, the project names are different to the possible names.

GC = dolphin
DS = nitro
GBA = atlantis
Wii = Revolution
Wii U = cafe

3DS I'm not sure.

Incidentally, all Wii accessories have 'RVL', GC have 'DOL', DS has 'NTR' and I bet Wii U has 'CFE'. Dont have a GBA to check but I bet it has ATL on it.

All linking back to the project name.

Choc

Banned
geez there are some fucking morons on twitter some guy tweets 'get back to work you lazy c...'

well you know, thats exactly what they want to do you shithead

well you know shits fucked when Bob katter joins the protest to get Newman out

Yagharek

Top 10 is hard...

The Wire
The Office
Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Arrested Development
Deadwood
Modern Family
Prison Break
South Park
House

These are all very new series. Are there any older ones you like or did you really only start following serials recently?

Not a criticism btw, just curious.

These are all very new series. Are there any older ones you like or did you really only start following serials recently?

Not a criticism btw, just curious.

Haven't seen many old ones, and I didn't include the short lived ones like Sherlock and Firefly.

Didn't get many good shows back in India, mostly re-runs of Friends and soap operas like Bold & Beautiful. :(

Yagharek

Haven't seen many old ones, and I didn't include the short lived ones like Sherlock and Firefly.

Didn't get many good shows back in India, mostly re-runs of Friends and soap operas like Bold & Beautiful. :(

Fair enough I guess. Even in India which I assume has a healthy local tv industry there probably aren't many points of common interest as far as what we get on tv here.

What did you think of Deadwood btw? I enjoyed s1 and 2, but s3 obviously is a letdown because it never goes anywhere. I was also a bit annoyed that the sheriff's character really never went anywhere. I thought it was building up to a moment where he would be more than impotently angry.

Al was an amazing character though.

Fair enough I guess. Even in India which I assume has a healthy local tv industry there probably aren't many points of common interest as far as what we get on tv here.

What did you think of Deadwood btw? I enjoyed s1 and 2, but s3 obviously is a letdown because it never goes anywhere. I was also a bit annoyed that the sheriff's character really never went anywhere. I thought it was building up to a moment where he would be more than impotently angry.

Al was an amazing character though.

Sheriff was the biggest disappointment no doubt, but Al made up for him. Also, don't forget EB Farnham.

I've watched plenty of other tv shows like Happy days, 70's show, Batman, etc, and some british ones like Office UK, IT crowd, Mr. Bean and various episodes of many others.

The local shows in India are downright terrible. Even as a kid I never used to watch Indian shows or movies a lot, always favored the western ones.

How come no one listed any animes in their top 10? I haven't watched a lot but some like Death Note and Code Geass are in a league of their own.

Choc

Banned
the campaign on this has backfired spectacularly on the daily tele

all the comments on the site are telling dt to stfu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom