• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senior and i reiterate teh highest population of PS staff in QLD? Newmans own electorate

he is gone next eleciton
they might not be there next election if they have to move to find work.
Only kind of ?

hsAyo.jpg
Ruh-roh rooby.

How come no one listed any animes in their top 10? I haven't watched a lot but some like Death Note and Code Geass are in a league of their own.

Can't be fucked doing a Top 10 as I won't get it right and will obsess over it for months to come.

I will say that my favourite anime is Gungrave, based on the so-so PS2 games. Love the fuck out of that series a lot. Did a great job of doing their own thing with it.

Sheriff was the biggest disappointment no doubt, but Al made up for him. Also, don't forget EB Farnham.

I've watched plenty of other tv shows like Happy days, 70's show, Batman, etc, and some british ones like Office UK, IT crowd, Mr. Bean and various episodes of many others.

The local shows in India are downright terrible. Even as a kid I never used to watch Indian shows or movies a lot, always favored the western ones.

How come no one listed any animes in their top 10? I haven't watched a lot but some like Death Note and Code Geass are in a league of their own.

How many people listed Australian shows either? not many, if no one.

How many people listed Australian shows either? not many, if no one.

you guys suck, I listed both!
The first arc of death note is fantastic. I would also list fullmetal alchemist, usagi drop, azumanga dayo, lucky star and Stein's gate as being pretty decent. Could list a lot more but I won't. :p
Australian shows? Underbelly, the slap, talking bout your generation, chaser, qanda, Spicks and specks, rockwiz. God, there are so many.

West Tigers statement

Wests Tigers Captain Robbie Farah has issued the following statement.
I have written to Prime Minister Julia Gillard today to apologise for any hurt caused by a tweet I posted in 2011.
As you are aware I have been vocal in recent days about criticising those who say some pretty disgraceful things through social media and I have appreciated your support in relation to that cause.
It is an experience that has highlighted the hurtful nature of unthinking comments and even those which are sometimes put forward as ‘black humour’.
In the course of this I have been alerted to a ‘tweet’ I made last year in relation to the Prime Minister which was in hindsight clearly offensive.
At the time I did think about what I had done and removed the ‘tweet’ soon after posting it but that of course doesn’t repair the damage.
I make no excuse and offer my sincere apologies. I can only say that I have learnt a lot in recent days and I hope that everyone in the community can learn about the pain that we can cause through such comments.
Hopefully the whole situation will only serve to encourage everyone to think about what we are really saying before we hit the ‘send’ key.

Dead Man

10 TV shows. Hard. In no particular order:

The Shield
The Sopranos
Twin Peaks
Black Adder
Secret Valley
Band of Brothers
Simpsons
DAAS Kapital
MASH
Mythbusters

I have not watched The Wire yet.

Honourable mentions:
The Daily Show
Deadwood
Mother and Son
Scrubs
Red Dwarf
Samurai Jack
Macross
OZ

Yagharek

Sheriff was the biggest disappointment no doubt, but Al made up for him. Also, don't forget EB Farnham.

I've watched plenty of other tv shows like Happy days, 70's show, Batman, etc, and some british ones like Office UK, IT crowd, Mr. Bean and various episodes of many others.

The local shows in India are downright terrible. Even as a kid I never used to watch Indian shows or movies a lot, always favored the western ones.

Based on a few you have listed, I would strongly suggest you check out Blackadder. It starred (beyond Rowan Atkinson) Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry and was written by Ben Elton.

Choc

Banned
Wests Tigers star Robbie Farah has issued an apology to the Prime Minister after it was revealed he had tweeted she be given "a noose" for her 50th birthday last year.

Choc

Banned
Prominent lawyer Chris Murphy just tweeted that the daily telegraph is a bunch of hypocritical shitheads

lulz

chris murphy ‏@chrismurphys
@MarkRDuckett @msdrookie journo&media hypocrisy. lying without restraint, hurting,settling scores with editors consent #stopthetrolls

midonnay

I was still watching shitty singaporean tv in the 80's but I was there in the 90's

it wasn't pretty.

Kingswood country was before my time but I saw the spinoff bullpitt?

and there was that norman gunston one and hey dad from the top of my head.

comedy company/fast forward meh haven't aged well

frontline gets good raps but I didn't see it >_>

safran stuff is good but nothing world class.

american wilfred >>>>> aussie wilfred.

legend166

I don't know why they don't repeat more good Australian comedy on TV? They repeat every crappy British comedy ever made.

I want to watch some Russell Coight.

Choc

Banned
I don't know why they don't repeat more good Australian comedy on TV? They repeat every crappy British comedy ever made.

I want to watch some Russell Coight.

its because Fast Forward, Full Frontal are politically incorrect today

if Channel 7 showed Gina Riley doing the russian journalist they'd be shot today

its a real shame :(

Yagharek

Fuck, how could we forget:

Chaser/CNNN/Hamster Wheel
Review (I know its been mentioned but it needs another listing)
Mediawatch

Fast Forward also had some rather intelligent and witty sketches at times in the earlier seasons, however they'd be rather dated to those that don't remember the era.

Dead Man

The how does it work one?

Not going to bother and I did a degree on it :p I do have a really great book on architecture if anyone is keen though.

Yeah. I know enough to know I don't know very much, but the concepts are not that complicated.

Salazar

Dr Bell said Mrs Rinehart's actions in April, when she bought forward the vesting date of the trust from 2068 without notice, was further evidence of her misconduct.

He said Mrs Rinehart "instilled fear" in her children that they would be financially ruined by a massive capital gains tax liability should the trust vest.

However, the children have since obtained their own legal advice.
"We now believe there was never a risk we could become bankrupt," he said.
Still, Mrs Rinehart vested the trust in April believing the children would be bankrupted, he said.

"That act provides a powerful insight into that person's suitability as a trustee ... It's the act and the belief that's critical," he said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/gini...ut-of-court-20120912-25rre.html#ixzz26F3KuAS9

No wonder the horrendous bitch wants proceedings kept secret.

Kritz

Banned
They aren't really. Just simple building blocks put together.

I am not an expect, but my understanding is that it's, at the basic, just on/off states. And everything from there is interpretation and storage.

What baffles me is quantum computing. My friend is doing a physics/computing degree and apparently gets to deal with that shit. Way beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom