• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
The biggest problem with QLD right now is the opposition is 8 members

how can you mount a fight when

1) you only have 8 members
2) No upperhouse keeping yo uin line

demand the upper house returns. Its wrong, just wrong that qld has that ridiculous dictatorship style of Govt allowed when no other state does.

Dead Man

The biggest problem with QLD right now is the opposition is 8 members

how can you mount a fight when

1) you only have 8 members
2) No upperhouse keeping yo uin line

demand the upper house returns. Its wrong, just wrong that qld has that ridiculous dictatorship style of Govt allowed when no other state does.

QLD only has one house of parliament? LOL.

Choc

Banned
QLD only has one house of parliament? LOL.

Yes and that is why Newman was able to rush through legislation that removed decades of protection for the public service against forced redundancies

With an UH, he would have had a harder time.

Omikron

I totally recommend Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small for those wanting a game for 2.

9f296a54fcca11e18df322000a1e9df2_7.jpg

Gazunta

It's kinda weird seeing a news story about the place you used to work at, get excited about the news, and then remember you don't work there any more. Hahah.

*rocks himself to sleep while telling himself he made the right decision*

markot

Banned
It's kinda weird seeing a news story about the place you used to work at, get excited about the news, and then remember you don't work there any more. Hahah.

*rocks himself to sleep while telling himself he made the right decision*

You worked at the Al-Furqan bookshop?

Gazunta

How many people listed Australian shows either? not many, if no one.
I named three so nyer nyer.

Although this morning I realized I didn't put in The Young Ones or Samurai Pizza Cats. God damn.

Should we do top 10 Aussie made tv shows?

Kingswood County
Pizza
The Late Show
Rage (rageagain.com people!!!)
The Zone
Fast Forward
Danger 5
...shit I think I've run out

markot

Banned
A: How could you forget Mother and Son?

B: Let the Blood Run Free was the call in one where the audience decided what happened right >.<? Thats all I remember...

Australia had some awesome kids shows though.

Spellbinders! I wanted one of those armour lightning things >.<

Also 'Have you ever... ever felt like this!?'

Deeku

Half day today, so went blazer shopping.

Found the really nice one I wanted - slim fit, navy, offset rounded pocket, inner green camo lining (cant see when wearing unless you roll sleeves). Perfect fit, looked amazing. But when i was doing a final check, it was made in china....:(((((( cant buy such a pricey piece if its mic. Doesnt even make any sense, everything else is made in japan or france. Sigh.

I have failed, Sal.

Salazar

I have failed, Sal.

No, you maintained your standards.

Will take pics of new blazer. Is divine. Radically out of step with Queensland's current and projected climate, but fuck it.

The cuffs could stand to come up about an inch, but I really couldn't be bothered giving seamstresses more of my money. Will just fold up.

Dead Man

I don't make threads often but yeah, that's the usual result. Except that one time it got locked and I copped a ban.
Ouch.
Half day today, so went blazer shopping.

Found the really nice one I wanted - slim fit, navy, offset rounded pocket, inner green camo lining (cant see when wearing unless you roll sleeves). Perfect fit, looked amazing. But when i was doing a final check, it was made in china....:(((((( cant buy such a pricey piece if its mic. Doesnt even make any sense, everything else is made in japan or france. Sigh.

I have failed, Sal.

Why does it matter where it was made if it was good quality?

Salazar

... but if you liked it, it looked good on you and the price was right for what it was, what does it matter where it was made?

I buy a heap of stuff from

http://www.apolisglobal.com/

and it gets made in Honduras, Peru, Chile, Bangladesh, Morocco etc.

Their sizing is dependably a little too big, but it comes down to me being a klutz most of the time. I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to order a "small" sized jacket. Even if that is how the label's proportions go, I can't put down money over the internet for it.

Omikron

I buy a heap of stuff from

http://www.apolisglobal.com/

and it gets made in Honduras, Peru, Chile, Bangladesh, Morocco etc.

Their sizing is dependably a little too big, but it comes down to me being a klutz most of the time. I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to order a "small" sized jacket. Even if that is how the label's proportions go, I can't put down money over the internet for it.

Lots of bow ties on that website.

They do touch you, Rep, but in a businesslike way and for about 4-5 seconds all up.

Can't stand the things.
I already have a butler for that kind of thing. Shame his dexterity is still a 1 or 2. Also can't do anything drunk or violent around him for a number of years yet which leaves me basically telling Dad jokes, which no ones wants to be around I can assure you!

Deeku

I dunno, i guess it might be pshycological. It just doesnt seem worth the price if it's mic. In reality, it doesnt make a damned difference where it's made if the quality is there, but still.....well at least I have like another week to think on it since I reserved it lol

I've had my beard since...what, 10th grade? The vice-principal of my school had called me into his office and threatened to shave it along with my sideburns if I didn't do it myself. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom