• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Just as I thought, apple don't know how to evolve that tired looking OS and there is nothing about the hardware that leaves me wanting. Next phone will probably be the Lumina 920

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think the biggest problem with the event was that the ipods were essentially Iphones. Does anyone really need a mini phone as a nano or an ipod touch that seems exactly the same as the new phone aside from phone features. I understand the need for new ipods, although they aren't the best selling device for apple anymore, but but why not make them unique? Similar form factor, and heck its pretty much the same. where's the innovation in design for music devices to make them stand out?

However x3n you get 5 rows of static icons now instead of 4. That shit is worth the $$$ upgrade!

I'm more disappointed with no new imacs, I wonder what on earth is taking so long. a few people from work wanted new ones since the Apple staff purchase of 1 item a year is finishing on Sept 30.

haha. The real answer is significantly more lame, sadly.

Sometimes I wonder if the nice guy cry of girls dating assholes is true :(

Us nice guys can't catch a break.

lol @ iphone 5.

4" screen, sub-HD resolution.

"It should fit in your hand"

img0088.jpg

Pass. Will stick with my current phone. Any bets on how long the wait list will be to get one locally.

senahorse

5 ROWS :O, this will save me so much time having to swipe to the next page.

I am still currently using a standard iPhone4 (Galaxy SIII is my work phone), and to be honest, there is nothing I needed to upgrade for in the 4S nor is there anything in the 5. Apart from the home button breaking (gf's broke as well) it has served me well. But our contracts just expired so we may as well jump in on a new phone.

Considering I am going to get a surface RT (this is for both of us to share and will probably become a cooking book and kitchen internet browser) and a Pro each, to replace our tired old laptops it kind of makes sense to get the same OS for the phone. Not to mention we will have Windows8 running on PC's before too long, and next xbox will probably integrate somehow. So I thought it would be a good time to have a go at the MS ecosystem and see how it works out.

Clipper

I got a 3G and then a 4, both at launch, but I think I'll wait for the 5 S this time. My 3G's home button was unresponsive and needed to be pushed firmly back when I got the 4, but the 4's button is still fine. The new camera might be nice, but I agree that there's nothing in the feature list that seems like a must have.

Choc

Banned
apple is a waste of fucking space these days. Zero innovation in that phone at all. Elongated iphone 4, who gives a fucking rats arse

the os is a creaky old piece of shit that needs a lot of work and once the sheeple find out that google maps has been replaced by a bastardised version that requires an internet connection to do anything, they will realise they've been had and apple is on the fail train.

also

the thing has a GPS but you need the internet connection to do a map search? Go data mining apple go

GO FUCK YOURSELF THAT IS

iPhone5 is what happens when a company is on top by a country mile. They didn't innovate because they don't need to. Sub-HD, no NFC, and of course yet again they shun standards by introducing a non-standard cable. Starting to sound like PS2-era Sony.

Hah, the only thing I really remember from that is the Coco Pop bomb.
OH SHIT YES
B: Let the Blood Run Free was the call in one where the audience decided what happened right >.<? Thats all I remember...
Sometimes I start to think that I imagined Let the Blood Run Free -- last time I looked for information on the Internet I couldn't find anything at all... now I see both seasons are on DVD! And Markot, yes that's the show where you could vote. I voted a few times, which as a kid was pretty exciting.

That didn't answer my question. :)

However I'd probably buy stuff from them (except for $900 jackets... seriously?) except I'm more of an untucked shirt and jeans guy. Luckily my office lets me get away with that; if it were a more traditional office I probably would. So thanks for the link.

the os is a creaky old piece of shit that needs a lot of work and once the sheeple find out
Why won't they WAKE UP?!

Mi Goreng for HALF FUCKING PRICE at Coles! Finally! That shit has been jumping up in price for ages, like 69c a packet now.
Pay about $11 for a box of 30 at the local asian grocerers.

Free Grill'd today in Perth!
Mi Goreng for HALF FUCKING PRICE at Coles! Finally! That shit has been jumping up in price for ages, like 69c a packet now.

Considering I am going to get a surface RT (this is for both of us to share and will probably become a cooking book and kitchen internet browser) and a Pro each, to replace our tired old laptops it kind of makes sense to get the same OS for the phone. Not to mention we will have Windows8 running on PC's before too long, and next xbox will probably integrate somehow. So I thought it would be a good time to have a go at the MS ecosystem and see how it works out.

I can see this working out to be a very good strategy for Microsoft as long as the phones come out good. Might even look at one myself in 12 months time depending on the options.

Choc

Banned
laziest fucking shits ever

'So how will apps deal with the new screen real estate? Apple&#8217;s not actually going to stretch them. They&#8217;ll insert black bars around the edges and centre the app itself.'

it makes me so pissed that a company that is not innovating whatsoever can hold patents based on bullshit

Apple are fuckwits once and for all now. Also Nokia Lumia 920 will be my next. Fuck apple

fuck 4 inches, fuck the fact its not wider and fuck the fact the ios os is a piece of fucking shit

and also fuck the fact they will sell billions ;_;

edit

Time for samsung to sue them '[3:33] There&#8217;s now a native panorama feature. You hold your phone vertically and sweep'

Galaxy S had that first. Samsung, your time to sue is now.

'[3:50] There&#8217;s something cool: Siri just posted a message she was dictated to Facebook.'

WHO FUCKING CARES

legend166

So the price of the 4S didn't go down as much as I thought. My girlfriend wants to buy one, but at $679 it's still so expensive.

I should try to convince her to get a Galaxy S2 instead.

markot

Banned
So the price of the 4S didn't go down as much as I thought. My girlfriend wants to buy one, but at $679 it's still so expensive.

Get an s3!

You can find them for <$500 outright if you keep your eyes peeled.

They should be like $250 or so by now right? I remember Harvey Norman had them for $280 or something a while back? Or am I imagining things?

still haven't been to geelong.... I imagine its something like fremantle...
Geelong has some great little Asian groceries. Warrnambool has fucking nothing. We don't even have anywhere to buy Sushi or handrolls FFS!

Yeah, where?!
Kogan was under $500 not too long ago. Here is the current $519 deal at some other place.

Danoss

Could buy my iPhone 4S, it's as good as new with 5 months warranty still on the clock. I'll do a straight up trade for a new Galaxy Nexus and case from Kogan.

Choc

Banned
Apple adds facetime over 3g/4g

jailbreak did that years ago.

edit: tons of people on whirlpool/gizmodo saying they are going 920 nokia

yay,

Satchel

Banned
Apple adds facetime over 3g/4g

jailbreak did that years ago.

yay,

Yep. Had an iPhone for 4 years. Time to switch. Already know 3 others in the same boat.

All talking about the Lumia 920. Beast phone.

jambo

Not sure whether to go Android or WP8. I like the openness of Android, but WP8 looks awesome, especially the Lumia 920.

yay,

You do realise that Whirlpool represents like 0.01% of the Aussie market right?

Plus they're a bunch of whinging tools who report Telstra and Optus to the authorities if their reception drops out.

Choc

Banned
jambo yes i agree that its 0.01%

but the fact that tech people are waking up to apple being shit is good

edit: Palmer will be surprised if Newman Premier January 1st 2013. Had lots of MPs telling him that Newman is gagging party room debate and not listening to them at all and they are furious

DIS GUNNA BE GOOD

Not sure whether to go Android or WP8. I like the openness of Android, but WP8 looks awesome, especially the Lumia 920.

I love my Galaxy S2 but my decision will be based solely on the phone that is available to me at the time in regards to price/value. I don't really use all the cool open source stuff. Best thing for me is Twitter, Camera & drop and drag Music. The 920 looks to hit all those marks pretty well and could be integrated into the PC and 360 well enough to entice me to use other features. Would need an awesome Nexus or Galaxy this time next year to keep me away from WinPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom